Boo to the Halloween on the Highs Seas Crew

I hope you had a great Easter!

Catching back up on your trip report.

Bummer that you left the snorkeling gear on the ship. That totally sounds like something I would do. There's always next time, right? ;)

How awesome to just run into Olaf! Seems like a great place for him to hang out.

I'm dating myself, but those cups look like they came straight off of Gilligan's Island!

You save like a wild and crazy jet ski driver! I hope Claire appreciated that you were looking out for her welfare. But seriously.... a shark? Any idea what kind? The one time I went snorkeling I saw a small nurse shark and that was more than enough to send me back to the boat!

I never tire of your photos of the ship docked on the island. Just beautiful! How on earth had I never noticed the Dumbo on the front before????? So cute. :)

That sure is a lot of drama over a pill. I'm so sorry that had to happen on your last night. Have you ever had her try to take one in something thick but still semi-liquid, like applesauce or pudding? I do remember being really relieved when my kids were finally old enough to swallow a pill.

Nice job with soaking up as much of the ship as possible that last morning. I love those photos. I guess sometimes insomnia pays off!

Great room at Cabana Bay! Loving the VO5 and Zest! LOL.

Loved the tour of Cabana Bay. So colorful and fun looking!

I'd be anxious to eat like your mom, but I think even I could find ways to make the time pass there! I've heard such great things about Toothsome's.

Those shakes look amazing! Absolutely to die for. And what a way to go!

OH NO! on the milkshake mess. Sounds like your instincts were spot on about Mr. Next Door Neighbor. Somehow it does seem like a fitting end though, right? I mean, it's always crummy for a trip to end. Might well go all in with the crummy!

Your mom's conversation with your dad sounds like a real trip. Good for her for letting him have it!

Thanks for sharing another trip with all of us. You really have me wanting to go at Halloween time if I ever get to try cruising!

Yes we are on the first Eastern after refurbishment. Can't wait to see what's new:)

I am hoping they do new carpets and give it a good freshening up. I loved the ship, but it did show wear and tear in spots.

Loved reading your trip report. Thanks for sharing it...the good, the not-so-good and all the details. Also, all the wonderful photos made me feel that I was right there with you.

Thanks so much for reading along! I try to tell all...my experience could be totally different than others, but I like to let people know my thoughts on different things.

Now that I'm back on the Dis, I've been catching up on trip reports including your's. Of course, by the time I catch up, it's over. And, there is simply waaaaaay too much to comment on. :rolleyes1

LOL. I am super behind on so many things. I would like to say some day I will catch up....but I was taught not to lie! hahaha.

I am still trying to catch up reading this. I want to give it the time deserved instead of just a glance here and there like I do everything else these days!!!! Just read St Thomas day and it looks like you took a real nice excursion. Some great pictures of the snorkeling and a nice beach. Awesome you saw the octopus and of course the turtle. As always great photos!!!

Take your time. That is how I am too. I rather read slowly and enjoy the reports rather than just skim through for the sake of being caught up.
I really enjoyed the St. Thomas day. My next cruise I plan to snorkel in Tortola and hope it is comparable.

Thanks for sharing, Jen! As always lately I was way behind, but loved to read about Cabana Bay, Toothsome and Blue Men Group. Not so much enjoyed the part that said that this is the end of your TR. ;)
Hoping for another one VERY soon, and btw - WHEN is that next cruise of yours?

I totally understand. I am always behind on everything. I plan to start my Jamaica one from last summer too. I have 1 day written up so far, so maybe later today or tomorrow....maybe ...ahahaha.

Well the plan is right now....this summer...for 10 nights...on the Fantasy.

I hope you had a great Easter!

I did! I hope you did too. I am still a deadbeat with the emails. LOL. I finally got time to get on Dis because I am printing up stuff as I read here.

Catching back up on your trip report

I understand being behind!

Bummer that you left the snorkeling gear on the ship. That totally sounds like something I would do. There's always next time, right?

I always do this sort of thing...bring things I am certain I will need or use...and then leave them in my room. LOL.

How awesome to just run into Olaf! Seems like a great place for him to hang out

Olaf does love summer!

I'm dating myself, but those cups look like they came straight off of Gilligan's Island

Yes they do!

You save like a wild and crazy jet ski driver! I hope Claire appreciated that you were looking out for her welfare. But seriously.... a shark? Any idea what kind? The one time I went snorkeling I saw a small nurse shark and that was more than enough to send me back to the boat!

My guess is the shark was a more friendly type? I hope......

I never tire of your photos of the ship docked on the island. Just beautiful! How on earth had I never noticed the Dumbo on the front before????? So cute.

Dumbo is on the front of the Fantasy...and this was my first time on that ship....so maybe that is why? The Magic has Goofy and the Dream has Sorcerer Mickey.

That sure is a lot of drama over a pill. I'm so sorry that had to happen on your last night. Have you ever had her try to take one in something thick but still semi-liquid, like applesauce or pudding? I do remember being really relieved when my kids were finally old enough to swallow a pill.

Yes, we have tried both applesauce and pudding and she says I have ruined both for her now. LOL....but that doesn't seem to stop her when I buy pudding packs.

Nice job with soaking up as much of the ship as possible that last morning. I love those photos. I guess sometimes insomnia pays off

It's like all of a sudden I realized I hadn't taken all the pictures I wanted to.

Great room at Cabana Bay! Loving the VO5 and Zest! LOL

This place is so much fun. I really love it.

Loved the tour of Cabana Bay. So colorful and fun looking!

It is so colorful and the theming is just great.

I'd be anxious to eat like your mom, but I think even I could find ways to make the time pass there! I've heard such great things about Toothsome's

I bet you could handle it. My mom has no patience at all anymore.

Those shakes look amazing! Absolutely to die for. And what a way to go!

They are soooooo good!

OH NO! on the milkshake mess. Sounds like your instincts were spot on about Mr. Next Door Neighbor. Somehow it does seem like a fitting end though, right? I mean, it's always crummy for a trip to end. Might well go all in with the crummy!

Yep..it was like fate was telling me it was time to go home.

Your mom's conversation with your dad sounds like a real trip. Good for her for letting him have it!

He will never change. Just Friday night we went over to Gail's house to color eggs and have pizza. My dad found out about it Friday morning and panicked that mom would be gone that evening and what would he do for dinner? LOL! He ended up making sure he was home in time to tag along. I think that would drive me totally BONKERS!

Thanks for sharing another trip with all of us. You really have me wanting to go at Halloween time if I ever get to try cruising!

I know you would love the shows and activities. I hope some day you do decide to cruise.

Ok just finished reading it all.

Glad you had nice weather at Castaway Cay after the rocky day at sea. Nice if you to do the Stingrays again for your family as I agree it's once and done. And wow on not having fun CMs for the Jetski.

Always so sad to get off the ship. I have never skipped a MDR breakfast on the last morning because I have either been with family or tblemates who really want to do it AND want me to be there. But my next cruise,.....

Cool you stayed at Cabana Bay again and had a nice day and huge yummy dinner before the disappointing Blue Man Group.

Look forward to your next report. Thanks Jen.

Glad you had nice weather at Castaway Cay after the rocky day at sea. Nice if you to do the Stingrays again for your family as I agree it's once and done. And wow on not having fun CMs for the Jetski

It turned out to be a really beautiful day.

Always so sad to get off the ship. I have never skipped a MDR breakfast on the last morning because I have either been with family or tblemates who really want to do it AND want me to be there. But my next cruise,.....

I have done the MDR I think twice...maybe 3 times...I prefer Cabana's much more that last morning. Also because we have late dining usually...the breakfast is a bit late to start too. I rather eat at my own pace and get off when I want. I am one who would just not care what the others want. LOL. Just tell them you can't make it! :goodvibes

Cool you stayed at Cabana Bay again and had a nice day and huge yummy dinner before the disappointing Blue Man Group.

I love Cabana Bay. I got to stay again for a night in Feb and it was fabulous once again.

I'm late to the party, but I really enjoyed your TR. It sounds like you had a great time. That little Abby is adorable. I bet she brings back some good memories of when Claire was little. We're leaving in two weeks for our first Disney Cruise and we'll be taking our B/G twins who are just shy of 5 years old. My daughter is so excited, it's all she talks about.

I've really enjoyed your TR. I love all the pics, because of your TR and pics I'm going to make it my business to really explore the ship on my cruise.

I'm late to the party, but I really enjoyed your TR. It sounds like you had a great time. That little Abby is adorable. I bet she brings back some good memories of when Claire was little. We're leaving in two weeks for our first Disney Cruise and we'll be taking our B/G twins who are just shy of 5 years old. My daughter is so excited, it's all she talks about.

Never too late...Glad you found it.
We did have a fabulous time and Claire and I will be on the Fantasy again in June. We are pretty excited as I am going with friends and Claire will get to meet their kids too.

I've really enjoyed your TR. I love all the pics, because of your TR and pics I'm going to make it my business to really explore the ship on my cruise.

Thanks....yes, explore the ship...it is so beautiful. I am sure I missed parts of it and can't wait to see the new stuff on it now too.

Great trip report, Jen! As always :cool1: :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Cannot wait for June :banana:

I will have to sit beside you so that I'm not in all of your pics :cool: :laughing:

Joining in! Ive read your TR's before but I haven't been reading them in general for a year and a half! Am excited about my upcoming Halloween cruise in October on Wonder so I'm reading them again! Wow! 18 pages!!! I have a lot of catching up to do! :rotfl2::thumbsup2

Great trip report, Jen! As always :cool1: :goodvibes :thumbsup2

Cannot wait for June :banana:

I will have to sit beside you so that I'm not in all of your pics :cool: :laughing:

FIVE WEEKS from TODAY!!!!!!..We will be sitting down for our first dinner right about now! wooohoooo!!!!!!!!!

Joining in! Ive read your TR's before but I haven't been reading them in general for a year and a half! Am excited about my upcoming Halloween cruise in October on Wonder so I'm reading them again! Wow! 18 pages!!! I have a lot of catching up to do! :rotfl2::thumbsup2

Thanks!
I hope you enjoyed it and gives you some insight for your cruise.

Did I mention that my Mom isn’t patient? LOL. She was grumbling about how long it was taking and it was, but we don’t know if we just missed a bus or not. I told her after a while we could just get on the next bus that came and then transfer and head to Disney Springs, but the next bus that came was for Coronado!

You were very lucky to be staying at Coronado Springs when going to Winter Summerland when Blizzard Beach is closed. When BB is closed, the ONLY bus that goes there is the Coronado Springs to Epcot bus. We learned the hard way trying to get there from the Poly. Had to take Poly to Epcot, Epcot to Coronado, switch buses because that bus wasn't going back to Epcot, then get on a bus bound for Epcot which stops at Winter Summerland on the way to Epcot. Took us 3 hours to get there from Poly. Something for people to keep in mind if they're ever going to the mini golf course when BB is closed.

You were very lucky to be staying at Coronado Springs when going to Winter Summerland when Blizzard Beach is closed. When BB is closed, the ONLY bus that goes there is the Coronado Springs to Epcot bus. We learned the hard way trying to get there from the Poly. Had to take Poly to Epcot, Epcot to Coronado, switch buses because that bus wasn't going back to Epcot, then get on a bus bound for Epcot which stops at Winter Summerland on the way to Epcot. Took us 3 hours to get there from Poly. Something for people to keep in mind if they're ever going to the mini golf course when BB is closed.

Now that you say that I do remember reading about how hard it is to get there anymore. We did luck out!...and I kind of remember you telling me that before too.

I just binge-read your report over the past couple of weeks.

Amazing review of your trip.

I didn't make notes for commenting, but as always your pictures are fantastic. I am blown away by your snorkeling pictures! GORGEOUS!!!

I have been using underwater cameras for a decade, all different varieties. I have had 3 different Olympus Toughs, a Canon Powershot, a Lumix and two Fuji XPs. I don't think I have ever achieved the colors in your photos! Did you have the camera in the snorkeling setting or regular?

:fish:

I am extremely jealous of your octopus photos. WOW!!!

:worship:

Thanks again! I am extremely excited for my sailing in about a month.

:dogdance:

I just binge-read your report over the past couple of weeks.

Amazing review of your trip.

I didn't make notes for commenting, but as always your pictures are fantastic. I am blown away by your snorkeling pictures! GORGEOUS!!!

I have been using underwater cameras for a decade, all different varieties. I have had 3 different Olympus Toughs, a Canon Powershot, a Lumix and two Fuji XPs. I don't think I have ever achieved the colors in your photos! Did you have the camera in the snorkeling setting or regular?

I am extremely jealous of your octopus photos. WOW!!!

:worship:

Thanks again! I am extremely excited for my sailing in about a month.

:dogdance:

I do tweak my pictures in photoshop, but I can't do a lot with underwater ones or they get really discolored. I try when I can to make them less green or blue, but I can't always do that. And when I can I try to brighten the color and just the picture in general. And I sharpen them a tad. But this batch was one of the best I had for snorkeling as the water itself was pretty clear and everything was pretty close. I had good luck with my Tortola ones from my most recent cruise too.

I do tweak my pictures in photoshop, but I can't do a lot with underwater ones or they get really discolored. I try when I can to make them less green or blue, but I can't always do that. And when I can I try to brighten the color and just the picture in general. And I sharpen them a tad. But this batch was one of the best I had for snorkeling as the water itself was pretty clear and everything was pretty close. I had good luck with my Tortola ones from my most recent cruise too.

My underwater cameras all have a snorkeling setting. I don't always remember to use it and even when I do, I forget if the pictures I take were using that mode or not.

I'm glad you got to snorkel in Tortola since you regretted not doing it on this trip.

I have snorkeling lined up in St Thomas, Tortola and I plan on doing some at Castaway, too for September.

My underwater cameras all have a snorkeling setting. I don't always remember to use it and even when I do, I forget if the pictures I take were using that mode or not.

Yes, mine does too. I just have to remember to set it....and for some reason I sometimes hit it to go to some other setting. Most of my pictures I am guessing at what I am taking.

I'm glad you got to snorkel in Tortola since you regretted not doing it on this trip.

I think if I ever go back to Tortola I will do that snorkeling again. We really liked it.

I have snorkeling lined up in St Thomas, Tortola and I plan on doing some at Castaway, too for September.

I've done it at all 3 now...but sadly didn't get very far out at CC. Claire was wimping out and I will admit I was getting tired too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!