Bonine in Canada or only US?

pangyal

#TeamSven
Hi all!

Our kiddo gets super plane sick and car sick, and wouldn't you know it, we booked a cruise for next spring :rolleyes:

Just wondering where I can find Bonine in Canada as it's been recommended by many people, as gravol and Dramamine knock him out and apparently Bonine is non drowsy and very effective. I also want to use it for Universal in February and to be able to ride Star Tours more than once!

I would be fine buying it at WDW if anyone knows a place there they might sell it?

Thanks in advance!

Not in Canada. What you are looking for is meclazine...goes by bonine, less-drowsy dramamine, and many no name brands in places like Wal-mart and Target. Every drug store in the US will sell some form of it.

Only in the US. We stock up whenever we can find it, which usually on our trips to Vegas. I seem to only be able to find Dramamine on our Disney trips but I prefer Bonine. There is a non-drowsy Dramamine that is much better than regular Dramamine if you can find it.

in Canada, you could also look up Gravol ginger. it helps with nausea but doesn`t have the sleeping med in it. it`s sold on the pharmacy shelf usually (not like regular gravol that is sometimes available only behind the counter)

in Canada, you could also look up Gravol ginger. it helps with nausea but doesn`t have the sleeping med in it. it`s sold on the pharmacy shelf usually (not like regular gravol that is sometimes available only behind the counter)

My daughter gets car sick quite badly and the ginger gravol works wonders for her.

My son gets sick on planes, and occasionally the car, but has been fine on 3 cruises except one day when it seems everyone was sick on the ship... He refuses to take anything (thinks taking it actually makes him sick). He will wear seabands that seem to help. I am the one who gets sick on the ship :) but not the other places. I take ginger gravol, and I was able to buy bonine on the ship when it was really bad. As well as the seabands.

Thanks everyone!!! Great advice and much appreciated.

Any chance that I can find the less drowsy Dramamine anywhere at wdw? We won't have a car so will not be going anywhere off property.

You can get Bonine or Meclazine on Amazon.ca
Meclazine is what is used in Bonine. We use it every cruise with great results.

I'm wondering if you could find it at the MCO airport, assuming you are flying. Walmart would be cheaper though.

I also stock up when I'm in the US. Just used some for car trip. Windy road. When I go down to Florida next week I'll re-stock! Last time we Went to Universal our first night we stayed in one of the offsite hotels. They had sample packs in big bowl in lobby!! Lol. I guess lots of people aside from me need it for those Universal coasters!

Hi all!

Our kiddo gets super plane sick and car sick, and wouldn't you know it, we booked a cruise for next spring :rolleyes:

Just wondering where I can find Bonine in Canada as it's been recommended by many people, as gravol and Dramamine knock him out and apparently Bonine is non drowsy and very effective. I also want to use it for Universal in February and to be able to ride Star Tours more than once!

I would be fine buying it at WDW if anyone knows a place there they might sell it?

Thanks in advance!
Do you live close enough to a US border that you can do a day trip to get some? If you don't I can get you a pack and mail it to you. I'll be returning home from the US mid Sept. let me know.

Do you live close enough to a US border that you can do a day trip to get some? If you don't I can get you a pack and mail it to you. I'll be returning home from the US mid Sept. let me know.
That is SUPER sweet of you!!! We are in Toronto, so no :). Let me see if I can find it next week at WDW or on Amazon- if not, I might take you up on that! Thank you again, that is so nice :flower3:

That is SUPER sweet of you!!! We are in Toronto, so no :). Let me see if I can find it next week at WDW or on Amazon- if not, I might take you up on that! Thank you again, that is so nice :flower3:
Have a great trip! We drove the Hope-Princeton Hwy a few days ago, very windy road and it worked great, and didn't make me groggy.

I have bought it in every US airport I have ever been in. Probably way more expensive than in a store though.

I was talking to someone at work today about Bonine and she said it's even cheaper to go to the pharmacist at drug store, he bottled up 100 for her for I think she said $6ish. Way cheaper than buying a package for $7.00
I will try that when I go down.

I am resurrecting this thread as I found Bonine on Amazon Canada, but now I am second-guessing myself with giving it to my 8 year old as it says 12 and up. Does anyone here use it for their kids or should I stick with the Gravol Kids? It really knocks my kiddo out and it's very unpleasant for him to take those as a result as he ends up so groggy, but he gets plane and car sick like crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!