Boma - Above and Beyond . . .

DavidNYC

DIS Veteran
Just got back from WDW and decided to try Boma for the first time since several friends recommended it.

My wife keeps Kosher and thus does not eat meat and dairy at the same meal so we asked our server (Doug) one question on one dish. Instead of just answering the question, he brought out the head chef (Tjetjep or "TJ") who not only walked my wife through the entire buffet telling her what she can and cannot have but he made two special dishes for her (a soup and a dessert) so that she could try some dishes should would not have been able to have. This was by far the best and most attentive dining experience we've had anywhere . . . period. Not only that, the meal was wonderful (although I was a bit sick afterwards because there was so much great food I ate WAY too much). If you're ever there and they have the coconut curry chicken soup - make sure you don't miss it.

So a general compliment to Boma and a tremendous thanks to Tjetjep and Doug.

Wow, what extra service! That is great to hear. We have a PS there for our upcoming trip and I can't wait to try it. Nice to hear such a great review!

Boma has been great to me on our last two trips. I've got serious food allergies and the chef's have gone out of their way to help me.

I am so hoping that Chef Eddie will be there next MOnday to help me out again!

I totally agree. The chefs really put themselves out to make a great experience.

The first time we ate there I had my teenage son and his buddy along, both 17. They were in the "how hot can we get it" stage of food. One of the servers took note of their questions about amount of heat and peppers in the dishes and brought a chef out. After talking to them, he said he was going to get "something special". At the end of the meal he brought out a gorgeous looking, beautifully plated concoction that was basically habanero and other hot peppers drizzled and decorated with chocolate! He also had the waitress bring out plain bread and milk for between bites! We all had a great time watching them try to outdo each other in their attempts to eat it.

If that wasn't enough, the next year the same chef spotted them in the line and hailed them as the "hot pepper boys" and did it again!

We ate at Boma this past Thursday. Wonderful meal. The wait staff is most attentive and will answer any question you may have. The curried cauliflower with shrimp dumpling soup is one of the best soups I've ever had. YUM!

Thank you for sharing that wonderful experience! I'll be there on the 30th, and I'm glad to hear how wonderful their service is after hearing so much about how wonderful the food is!

David,

Umm...Kosher is more than just not mixing meat and dairy together, and I know that you are aware of that. The meat cooked there isn't kosher, so she couldn't eat any of that, and all the items cooked are using the same utensils for meat and dairy, even though they are cleaned in between. If you wife doesn't want to mix meat and dairy, that is fine. That doesn't mean she is eating kosher.

Ate there several times in July and just LOVED it there! We wish we could have just bottled up that smell to bring home with us! Wonderful service, awesome atmosphere.

I've been on Atkins since Feb.2004. Chef TJ is very helpful!! I will not miss Bomas !! I sometimes go 2-3 times before we leave for home. I've even lost weight with all of TJ's cooking. Can you believe that? Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter