BOG Reservation Question

Jana810

Earning My Ears
I currently have a BOG Lunch Ressie for 3 & a 4th guest has joined our group. We are currently 30 days out from our trip. Of course I have checked & there are no more reservations available @ BOG that day. I had asked the DVC Rep how I should go about adding the 4th person to all our Dining Ressies when I added the person to our Resort Reservation & she said to go through MDE. I was really hoping since we are a party of 3 just having the 4th person show up for the Ressie would be no big deal since we would be seated at a table for 4 anyway. I was able to change all the other Ressies easily, but not the BOG. Do you think it would be Ok if we all just show up for the BOG lunch & at check-in explain we had a 4th person join our group? Or should we just sneak the 4th person in? I remember how the BOG lunch worked last June & 1 person checked in & then we all walked in when they called our name. It was pretty chaotic when we got to the ordering area & nobody really counted us to know we were a group of 3 back then. Don't get me started on how I'm going to have to try & fix all the FP!

I currently have a BOG Lunch Ressie for 3 & a 4th guest has joined our group. We are currently 30 days out from our trip. Of course I have checked & there are no more reservations available @ BOG that day. I had asked the DVC Rep how I should go about adding the 4th person to all our Dining Ressies when I added the person to our Resort Reservation & she said to go through MDE. I was really hoping since we are a party of 3 just having the 4th person show up for the Ressie would be no big deal since we would be seated at a table for 4 anyway. I was able to change all the other Ressies easily, but not the BOG. Do you think it would be Ok if we all just show up for the BOG lunch & at check-in explain we had a 4th person join our group? Or should we just sneak the 4th person in? I remember how the BOG lunch worked last June & 1 person checked in & then we all walked in when they called our name. It was pretty chaotic when we got to the ordering area & nobody really counted us to know we were a group of 3 back then. Don't get me started on how I'm going to have to try & fix all the FP!

Most likely, it won't be a problem. You won't have to change tables as you will already be seated at a 4 top table. However if the restaurant is at capacity, due to regulations, they might not be able to fit them in.

Lunch is open seating so try to find a reservation for 1 that overlaps the same time. You may have success showing up with an extra person, but no guarantees. It's less about filling a 4 top table and more about capacity limits for the restaurant.

Ugh! Just tried to make the dining reservation for 1 thru MDE & there is an opening @ 1215 & 1pm & it is telling me that I already have a reservation for 3 & if I want to cancel that one! On hold now (20min wait) with Dining.

Started the process of making another MDE account & the CM came on the phone & was able to help me. He said it was a computer issue since BoG was open seating that prevented me from just adding my 4th person. Anyway, problem solved!

Simply keep looking and checking BOG lunch and breakfast come available quite often. Also a few days before the Reservation, many people drop them which is a good time to check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!