BOG Lunch Ordering

Disfan1968

Ordinary Pig
About to place our order ahead for BOG lunch. We have free dining, so my question is, since this covers the entree and drink, can I/should I just place the orders for these now and simply add on dessert (a cupcake or two) when we get there, or is is necessary to have the complete order placed now?

I would go ahead and place the entire order now if you know you're going to have dessert.

About to place our order ahead for BOG lunch. We have free dining, so my question is, since this covers the entree and drink, can I/should I just place the orders for these now and simply add on dessert (a cupcake or two) when we get there, or is is necessary to have the complete order placed now?

Are you planning on using snack credits to pay for the cupcakes? If you want to pay OOP for them, I don't think the pre-order will let you pay for your meal with credits and your dessert with cash.

Are you planning on using snack credits to pay for the cupcakes? If you want to pay OOP for them, I don't think the pre-order will let you pay for your meal with credits and your dessert with cash.

It'll all be off the plan. It looks like, reading information elsewhere, that we can order our entrees/drinks ahead and then the server could deduct additional snack credits for cupcakes when we are there.

I would go ahead and place the entire order now if you know you're going to have dessert.

That's the whole point! Not really sure if we will be in the mood for dessert. Excessively hot days can curb the appetite, etc. Luckily I am learning that we can add on items while we are there, especially if they don't have to be cooked, such as the BOG cup cakes. :)

That's the whole point! Not really sure if we will be in the mood for dessert. Excessively hot days can curb the appetite, etc. Luckily I am learning that we can add on items while we are there, especially if they don't have to be cooked, such as the BOG cup cakes. :)
I believe you can still add to your pre order even on the day of. At least you could in 2015. We had no issue then adding to our order and they can also adjust it when you go to actually pay for it. It's just a couple of extra buttons and shouldn't be a big deal. My suggestion would be to at least get the strawberry one and force it down because it's delicious!!

Will they let you pre order your meal and then pay out of pocket for the dessert if you don't want to use a snack credit?

It'll all be off the plan. It looks like, reading information elsewhere, that we can order our entrees/drinks ahead and then the server could deduct additional snack credits for cupcakes when we are there.
There isn't a "server" in the traditional sense. When you enter, you'll confirm your preorder, and seat yourself/be seated. Then you'll be brought your entire order, and that's the end of service.

Will they let you pre order your meal and then pay out of pocket for the dessert if you don't want to use a snack credit?
You have to do one or the other - you can't mix payment forms. So you'll need to decide by the time you check in, but before you eat, whether you want dessert or not.

Yeah what I am hearing is that you really do not need to pre-order, especially if you do not know exactly what you want. You can simply place your order when you arrive, and therefore put off the decision on dessert until you actually arrive at BOG. I was told by a CM that pre-ordering is an option, but not a necessity. Is this correct? Based on Micharlotte's response, this does seem to be the case?

Yeah what I am hearing is that you really do not need to pre-order, especially if you do not know exactly what you want. You can simply place your order when you arrive, and therefore put off the decision on dessert until you actually arrive at BOG. I was told by a CM that pre-ordering is an option, but not a necessity. Is this correct? Based on Micharlotte's response, this does seem to be the case?
I would still pre order and adjust it once you are there. It's definitely a time savings and the cashier can add to it for you easily. The line to place your order was huge and we got to skip right past it.

Yes, please do the pre-order if you can. We didn't know about this so we had to line up for 15-20 minutes to get to the cashier.

I would still plan on pre ordering even if you do it from your phone right before checking in. The wait to order when you get there can be significant. And the line is almost always outdoors across the bridge in the sun for some time.

I'm new to this Disney PreOrder thing. When will I be able to see BOG in my app to preorder? Right now I can only see QS that doesn't require ADR from what I can tell. Will preorder show up on the day of my ADR or something? Sorry if I'm lame. Have been to WDW since 2012. I'm a DLR girl.

I'm new to this Disney PreOrder thing. When will I be able to see BOG in my app to preorder? Right now I can only see QS that doesn't require ADR from what I can tell. Will preorder show up on the day of my ADR or something? Sorry if I'm lame. Have been to WDW since 2012. I'm a DLR girl.

BoG DOES require an ADR for all meals. Breakfast and lunch are still QS, and it is the ONLY QS that requires an ADR. If you don't have an ADR, you can't pre-order. If you do have an ADR, the pre-order shows up closer to your trip. Sorry, I don't know when that is.

BoG DOES require an ADR for all meals. Breakfast and lunch are still QS, and it is the ONLY QS that requires an ADR. If you don't have an ADR, you can't pre-order. If you do have an ADR, the pre-order shows up closer to your trip. Sorry, I don't know when that is.
Thanks. I'll keep watching for the preorder to pop up.

I think the pre order shows up 30 days before your adr. If you have already made your adr it should show up with a date next to it when you're able to pre order.
Hmm. We are at 29 days I think. I'll keep watching. I'd love to preorder and save prepark time!

I just looked at my ADR - on my phone it doesn't tell me, but on my computer I can see the date that I can pre-order. It's 30 days before the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter