Boardwalk Villas - Screen Door Paint Colors

hulagirl

DIS Veteran
Okay people, please don't laugh. It's time to paint my house and I love the color of the Screen Door pictured in this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=11971279#post11971279

but I can't seem to match it with a sample for the life of me. I have found if I post a question here, almost always...someone will know the answer or, at least, where to find it. Does anyone out there know what paint colors were used for the Screen Door or know someone who might be able to tell me?

Guessing, but it looks like a "brick red" that has been slightly lightened with a little white or pink-ish beige. But not lightened too much.

We painted our front door a very similar color, the paint was in the historic colors (Benjamin Moore I think) and was called Williamsburg red and or Governor's Palace red. Wish I could be of more help we finally got rid of all old paint cans last month!

In our area, if you take a picture of the color you want in to Walmart, they scan it and match the color. Of course, that's if you'd be OK with paint from Walmart!

You aren't crazy at all. We liked the colors on the Boardwalk hotel and inquired with one of the CM's at the desk. She took our name, address and phone number and said she would look into it. A few weeks after we got home we got mail from the hotel with a strip painted with samples of each of the colors on the building. The brand of paint they use is Pittsburgh Paints. So, give the hotel a call and ask! You won't be the first that asked a "weird" question like that.

Thank you all so much for your replies. We found a program online that will allow us to take a picture of our home and change the color to anything we'd like. It's been a hoot imagining how much our neighbors would hate us if we chose Barney purple. :rotfl2: We'll be nice though. There are just so many choices! Buckler - I appreciated the fact that you got some help from CMs at the Boardwalk. Maybe we'll try that too. Thanks all!

hulagirl said:
We found a program online that will allow us to take a picture of our home and change the color to anything we'd like.

Would you post a link to the program? I'd like to see what our house would look like in the Boardwalk colors. We haven't got around to painting it quite yet.

When I painted my house a couple years ago, I made up all the colors myself, and felt very smug about it(Even when my neighbors asked if I was"going into a new line of business") :rotfl2: Imagine my surprise when we took the boat from BW to MGM, and I realized that I had painted my house like the bridge between BW and Swan! :rolleyes: My house is a sun-faded yellow, trimmed in faded tones of brown, blue, peach, pink, and white. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter