• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boardwalk View

maznorm

Mouseketeer
We really want a view of the Boardwalk. More specifically a view of Seabreeze Point, for our anniversary trip as we got married there. Is it possible to book Boardwalk View as a specific category? I thought I had seen that said somewhere but on all the points charts it is lumped in with Pool View. So does that mean it is luck of the drawer which one we would get?

Boardwalk view at BWV is a guaranteed booking category. At resort opening, it was all lumped together, but there were too many guests fighting CM's to get a Boardwalk view, so they made it a guaranteed category so everyone knew what to expect prior to check in.

The DVC point cost for BoardWalk View and Pool / Garden View villas is identical. However, all reservations made do specify whether the room will have a BoardWalk view or the Pool / Garden View.

If you're looking to pay cash for a DVC villa, I do not believe that any of the BoardWalk view rooms are made available to cash guests. If memory serves, they are all kept for DVC point stays.

Also note that DVC villas are all on the western side of the resort--the side closest to the main pool, Big River Grill, Atlantic Dance Hall, etc. In other words, there are no DVC villas which look down on Seabreeze Point. And view requests are treated as requests only--there is no way to guarantee a specific location. A "BoardWalk View" room will overlook the BW, but the room could be on any floor from 1-5 and any location along the BoardWalk from the gift shop down to Atlantic Dance Hall.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. We are in the process of becoming dvc members so it will be on points so that's not a problem. Seabreeze Point is fine from a distance. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we couldn't see it from where we are but it would be nice. I understand where the villas are located. It is actually where I would like to be, but thanks for clarifying.

I just didn't want to stump up the points and not get a view of the Boardwalk. I love to see it all lit up at night.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was hoping to hear. We are in the process of becoming dvc members so it will be on points so that's not a problem.

Are you buying points at the BoardWalk?

Only about 20% of all villas at the BoardWalk have the BW view. And since the point cost is the same as the Garden / Pool view (which makes up about 60%), the BW view rooms tend to be very difficult for non-owners to book at 7 months. During popular times of the year (i.e. October through January), they are often fully booked within a few days or hours of the 11 month window.

Standard View rooms are also in high demand due to the low point cost. Most non-owners are left with the Garden / Pool view, if anything.

Agree with Tim. If you want to be sure of getting a Boardwalk view, you will need to book it as soon as the 11 month window opens.

I also agree with Tim & Carol. If you are buying your points direct from Disney, your guide may be able to help secure that first reservation. You will want to mention that prior to making the purchase. :)

If you are buying resale, then as has been indicated, you will want to buy at BWV and make your reservation exactly 11 months prior to your check-in to give yourself the best opportunity for success.

Good luck!

You will have a view of Seabreeze Point across the lake unless you get the boardwalk view rooms that are on the village green by Wyland Galleries.

I don't understand how those rooms are considered a boardwalk view. I sent my dis-pleasure to DVC and got a response that they didn't know that those room were assigned the boardwalk view category and that this is their first time hearing this.

:earsboy: Bill

You will have a view of Seabreeze Point across the lake unless you get the boardwalk view rooms that are on the village green by Wyland Galleries.

I don't understand how those rooms are considered a boardwalk view. I sent my dis-pleasure to DVC and got a response that they didn't know that those room were assigned the boardwalk view category and that this is their first time hearing this.

Those rooms are not considered BoardWalk view...they are classified as Garden View.

If you were assigned to one of those rooms with a BW View reservation, the resort erred in its room assignment.

The vast majority of BW View rooms will be able to view Seabreeze Point. But some of the lower floor rooms have have obstructed view due to game booths and other structures on the BW itself.

Those rooms are not considered BoardWalk view...they are classified as Garden View.

If you were assigned to one of those rooms with a BW View reservation, the resort erred in its room assignment.

The vast majority of BW View rooms will be able to view Seabreeze Point. But some of the lower floor rooms have have obstructed view due to game booths and other structures on the BW itself.

If this is true, the BW front desk CM's and management lied to us when we were given a boardwalk view category room above Wyland.

In the Village Green area, there is a set of boardwalk view 1BRs, one on each floor, right near the corner where the building turns from facing Village Green to facing the boardwalk, see the following room map of the area: http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg. Everything else with the Village Green view, including above Wylands, is a studio in the pool/garden view category. If, in fact, you were given a studio there and told it was in the boardwalk view booking category, then you werre lied to and you should make a complaint. If, instead, you had a 1BR, then you were given a room in the boardwalk view category.

In the Village Green area, there is a set of boardwalk view 1BRs, one on each floor, right near the corner where the building turns from facing Village Green to facing the boardwalk, see the following room map of the area: http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg. Everything else with the Village Green view, including above Wylands, is a studio in the pool/garden view category. If, in fact, you were given a studio there and told it was in the boardwalk view booking category, then you werre lied to and you should make a complaint. If, instead, you had a 1BR, then you were given a room in the boardwalk view category.

ITA. The 1 bedrooms on the corner that are classified as BW view are numbered x051. Our DD just had 2051 a few days ago. It has a tiny covered balcony off the living room facing Village Green and a ballroom size uncovered balcony off the bedroom that also faces Village Green. There is a tree blocking much of the view. We often are assigned 2051 for guests traveling with us because we are almost always in 2049, the only HA accessible BW view 1 bedroom. No way should the x051 rooms be BW view but that is how they are classified. The studios from the elevator to the x051 rooms are all classified preferred pool/garden view.

If this is true, the BW front desk CM's and management lied to us when we were given a boardwalk view category room above Wyland.

The 1BR, correct?

Those are the Boardwalk view and we were assigned to one of those also and not real happy for our 8 night stay. We moved the next day.

Gotta love the response from MS though. They also don't know that Jambo GV's have pool tables in them. :rolleyes:

Hi,

Yes we are buying BWV points by resale. Going in Oct/Nov 2015 so should be hopefully ok to book at 11 month window.

Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter