BLT standard view

berley

Earning My Ears
In a few weeks, we will be staying in a dedicated two bedroom standard view at BLT for seven nights. I know there are only a small number of rooms which fit this definition and that several of them are on the front of the building (parking lot view). If anyone has stayed in these parking lot view rooms, did you find them busy and bothersome (noisy, exhaust smells, too much activity, etc.) or were they busy and interesting (always something to watch)? Additionally, are the MK fireworks visible at all, or are the rooms just too low?

Thanks very much!

I was in the fourth floor in the front of the building once, when it was still considered theme park (at the time called Magic Kingdom) view. As a TP view it was a rip-off but at its now standard view point cost, one might consider it an incredible bargain. The major view is of the BLT parking lot, but you can see the castle, VGF and the lake in the distance, although partly blocked by the monorail, and the fireworks at night. There is little to no noise because the front entrance is fairly "unbusy" -- devoted almost solely to BLT guests coming and going and does not even have front desk check-in services overnight.

Last edited:
I was in the fourth floor in the front of the building once, when it was still considered theme park (at the time called Magic Kingdom) view. As a TP view it was a rip-off but at its now standard view point cost, one might consider it an incredible bargain. The major view is of the BLT parking lot, but you can see the castle, VGF and the lake in the distance, although partly blocked by the monorail, and the fireworks at night. There is little to no noise because the front entrance is fairly "unbusy" -- devoted almost solely to BLT guests coming and going and does not even have front desk check-in services overnight.

FYI there's been a few reports over the past few months of people being assigned those rooms again as Theme park view or the front desk going thru and stating that they are in the theme park view category. I'd really like to find out why/how DVC is doing that because they certainly did that point reallocation and didn't reverse it.

We stayed in 7230 (dedicated standard view 2 BR on the second floor) at the end of May. It was fantastic... wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. We were closer to the Contemporary side facing the outside (MK) parking lot landscaping and walkways, and first room from the elevator bank. The room itself was so comfortable, roomy, and quiet (I wish all the resorts had the sound insulation that BLT has). Both balconies (separate master and second bedroom) had fantastic views of the fireworks.

We stayed in a 2br std. view in 2010, had a room facing out the front. It was awesome! No noise, just a view of the monorail going by and my monorail loving DS glued to the window (hence my DIS name haha). We also had a great view of Wishes every night. Last Aug. we again had std. view, this time in a 1br. We were on the first floor, not facing the parking lot but the walking path to the side of the bulding. Honestly, I'd prefer the parking lot! There was no privacy in that room at all with joggers going by all day long. We spend a good amount of time relaxing at the resort in the afternoons, especially on our August trips, so feeling like we had to keep our curtains closed all the time was really a bummer.

I’d like to say I could tell you, but I’ve stayed at BLT standard view 6 times now and have requested parking lot view every time and still have not gotten it. 2 times ground floor facing marina, all the rest were bottom floor facing the inside court.

We've stayed in dedicated standard 2br's the 4 times we've stayed at our home resort of BLT. 3/4 we ended up in the front part of the building on either the 3rd or 4th floor. We love the view. Looking out at the lake in front of MK as well as the monorail zooming by is pretty great. Also, a few nights we watched the fireworks from our balcony. It's not as great a view as from the Top of the World lounge....but at the STD view price tag vs Theme Park view it's a nice bonus. We always request that view.

As far as noise and being "too busy", I never felt that way. Maybe if you got a ground floor view it might be a bit more busy, but I'd still take that view to save thew points vs a lake view. Enjoy your trip!

I’d like to say I could tell you, but I’ve stayed at BLT standard view 6 times now and have requested parking lot view every time and still have not gotten it. 2 times ground floor facing marina, all the rest were bottom floor facing the inside court.

Ask for an even numbered room facing MK.

Here is the view from room 7316 (2 bedroom standard). I had no problems with sound or exhaust. The fireworks are pretty easily visible.

B743F6E7-05E2-4F5D-91BE-5B0AE6EF40B5.jpeg

We were in a std 1br in the north part of the C on the 4th floor. Trees, some fireworks view, and very quiet. (You do hear fireworks, though).

As a PP said, I’d be really upset if I had paid TPV points, but std view is the best point bargain.

We were right over the entrance of BL-I think 2nd floor (it was 1st or 2nd), I thought that room was awful. People walking in and out of BL had a great view of you sitting on the balcony! They were extremely nice there, and did move us around the back a bit the next day. Just didn't like the lack of privacy. From now on (we rent points), I do lake view. To be honest, I know a lot of people book the theme park view, but to me, it's more of a parking lot view.

I think being in a high floor would make a huge difference. I'm not a fan of parking lot views, or street level views. I like to be high up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts