Birth Announce Wording Help Needed!

Pembo

OH-IO
Are you sick of all my pg related posts yet??? I promise they'll be gone sooner than later, at least I hope so! ;)

I'm making my own birth announcements, found this adorable paper and envelopes at Office Max.

Now I need some creative wording. Right now I just have We are proud to announce the birth of... . Seems pretty boring.

So CREATIVE DIS'ers, what have you got???????????????:Pinkbounc

Announcing, the latest model in the xxxxxxx (your last name) line of fine products!

Product Specifications:

Length
Weight
Date and time of Delivery, etc...

Mommy and Daddy are so proud to announce to you the birth of their precious bundle of joy _____________________ born on __________________.

What else goes in birth announcements?

or picture of baby and "HI!" My name is _____________ and I was born to my mommy and daddy __________________ on ________________. I would love to meet everyone.

Originally posted by debster812
Announcing, the latest model in the xxxxxxx (your last name) line of fine products!

Product Specifications:

Length
Weight
Date and time of Delivery, etc...

I don't think I could come up with anything better than that!

I keep my son's on the tackboard of my cubicle. It's a football jersey with our last name on it and the number 1 (since he was our first).

It says, "Introducing Our Newest Team Member" and has all his "stats" on it--date, time, weight and length. Our names are on the bottom.

Isn't your DH a pastor, or do I have you mixed up with someone else? Anyway, if you're so inclined, I'd go with something to the effect of:

Please welcome our newest blessing, xxxxxxx.

Xxxxxx joined our family on (date) and was (weight, length). Please rejoice with us as we celebrate his arrival.

What I used when I designed 2 friends announcements -

To hear a baby's laughter is to hear an angel sing

To hold a baby's hand is to feel the love they bring

I did a folding card with a rattle on the front and the baby's name.

The inside had the above message and then below that it had all the info and the parents names.

Tamie

Thanks everyone, keep them coming.........

Yes Kermit, my dh is a minister but I don't want anything religious.

Tkyes-Very sweet

debster-Very good but I'm looking for something more girly...

"Before we talked of love, Now words are nothing. Thank you Lord for giving our Love life."

This is what I had put on the announcements we my dd was born almost 12 years ago....

oops sorry....I just read that you did not want anything religious...Sorry I didn't see that before I posted..

One of my favorites is - Our House has grown by two feet! (There are even rubber stamps of baby feet you could stamp on the announcements in pink ink)

Don't know if you are old enough to remember this song by the Carpenters....but I used it on DS's announcement -

On the day that you were born the angels got together and
decided to create a dream come true...

I had that on the front of his announcement (I stamped them) and inside I gave his stats. I also had angels stamped on the front. All in blue of course :)

On DD's announcement I stamped a stork carrying a baby and the words Special Delivery.

For her last birthday I stamped cards with a crown on them and titled - Princess Grace is having a party!

..but I digress...

Good luck!

Jill

Thank you all, including Towncrier, for your suggestions.

I bought paper with pastel footprints all over it. I went through the cards my MOM got when I was born and found the sweetest poem about Thank Heaven for Little Girls. I used that as my theme!

Once my little princess is here...labor pains where are you?....I'll try to post my actual announcement. Or at the very least I'll e-mail it to someone who can post it!

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter