Bippity Boppity Boutique Changes

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by LovingDisney2012, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Bubbenstein

Bubbenstein Mouseketeer

IMG_3578.JPG We've had the "new" bun done several times and it has stayed in pretty well. I bring hairspray and touch it up throughout the day. My daughter has a considerable amount of hair.... I can see how this style wouldn't stay in quite as well for girls with shorter or finer hair.

In Disneyland, they actually sell the full size products that are used and I've purchased the calming curl cream along with a pretty big box of the bobby pins.... comes in handy during the day!

2. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

My only issue with the new version is having to supplement with your own product, or buy and touch up with theirs. Neither was necessary with the original methods. Which was using a truly magical gel. No spray of any sort, just an unlabeled generic gel. That kept the hair where they put it till you washed it out. And it did wash out easily, so it held but was water soliable. Anyway. Guess that is history. No idea if we'll ever go back either. Not sure I want to deal with bringing my own stuff. We don't bring bags anymore. Not to mention, I don't use spray, I have super short hair that doesn't use product

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

Oh, and your DD is a lovely Snow. She is my absolute favorite princess of all time. She looks beside herself happy

5. Bubbenstein

Bubbenstein Mouseketeer

IMG_3603.JPG
    Thank you! She's dressed up as most of the princesses at this point and this look was her favorite.

6. LovingDisney2012

LovingDisney2012 All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

A few people have messaged me about this thread to find out of I have heard of any changes, or reversal of changes at BBB. I have not, but I wanted to reactivate this thread in case anyone that has been recently would like to comment. Are the changes in the princess bun, and discontinued use of hair product still in place, or has BBB gone back to the former experience? Thanks to anyone that has information to share.

Allie B likes this.
  7. SL6827

SL6827 Why can't I live here?

What was the cause of this change? Was it bean counters once again?

8. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

Dose anyone have an updated brochure the could post?

9. TXAKDisneyFan

TXAKDisneyFan DIS Veteran

We went on I think July 11 and they were still not using gel. DD didn't get a bun - she got colored hair braided into her own. Everything was held with just bobbi pins and a hair tie, and actually stayed put all day (through Mine Train, Splash, BTMRR,...).

(Note: She had a similar style done at Pirates League a couple days earlier, and they also didn't use any product on her hair.)

10. LovingDisney2012

LovingDisney2012 All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

Thanks for sharing.

11. Bubbenstein

Bubbenstein Mouseketeer

In Disneyland (May) they used the Giovanni L.A Natural Styling Gel, which we were able to purchase in the gift shop afterwards. We have an appointment booked for next Friday in Disney World. I'll let everyone know what is used!

12. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

Does it take less time now then? I'm sure my DD will go for the braids. Doing the bun with the donut now, if that's how they are all done, is no different from her dance styles.

13. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

We did the braids back before they made any changes to the styles and they never used product/gel on the hair to do those styles. The only one we ever had them use product on was the bun based style, so the bun and the one with the colored clip on hairpieces.
    So I can't see how there would be any change to the braids.
    And honestly, the gel made the styling go fast, it let them smooth the hair in one step. I can't see how not using it is anything but slightly slower, not faster. But I suspect in all it has little difference in time. They FGIT are good, they have their steps pretty quick.

14. TXAKDisneyFan

Most of the younger girls were getting buns when we went last month. Still no gel. I didn't pay close attention, but it didn't feel like the process took any longer or shorter than before.

AngiTN likes this.
  15. TXAKDisneyFan

Just as an aside, we did both BBB (done it before several times) and Pirates League (for the first time). BBB has always been pretty crowded, whereas PL wasn't at all (maybe a fluke tho?). Overall, the PL experience was a bit better I think - the CMs really got into the story at PL, announced the new pirates and mermaids, there was a "secret" room, the whole area is very well themed... DD got a mermaid makeover and her hair and makeup were really beautiful.

16. I❤️Disney

I❤️Disney Earning My Ears

With then changing this will y'all not being going back? I was thinking about doing this but I don't want to oh all that money and it doesn't even last

17. AngiTN

AngiTN DIS Veteran

I would have to think long and hard about going back and getting the updo version. If that was the one we wanted I probably would look to the salon at GF instead.
    Sadly, I think DGD has outgrown that one anyway. She likes the one with the colored twists more. That one never used gel anyway, so it hasn't been impacted by the changes.

18. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

I will have to see after our November appt. The bun one does seem too much like the dance hairstyle as we do that for her with the donut but the others might still work. As far as it lasting, sometimes DD's stayed in for 2-3 days - other years she wanted it out a few hours later (the one year only lasted 2 hours before she wanted her hair down!) To me and for her, it's more about the experience but we will see after this year. She only has a couple years left anyways as she's 9 now.