Bippity Boppity Boutique Changes

they need to go back and give the parents the choice, can you imagine if restaurant only offered gluten free, vegan, non dairy, nuts free food just because some have allergies?
I agree with the poster who state that part of the value is how long the hair do last, no way on earth I will pay $60+ for a lausy hair bun or hair extensions that will fall off in a matter of hours, I can do that myself for free!

I'm disappointed in this, but relieved that they used gel and hair spray last time we went. DGD went the evening we got there (it was the only reservation time we could get), slept on it, then Mom had to redo it in the morning. Fortunately, with all the gel etc., the "redo" was just a touch up. Without product, it probably wouldn't have been possible. Next time, we were able to get an appointment at 1:45, and it sounds like whatever we want it for, we'll just count on the hairstyle lasting that day.

I prefer the product too. DGD wanted an appointment last week but I never got around to checking. Glad I didn't I guess.

I have nothing substantial to offer to the conversation but, as a casual observer from people watching, I have seen a lot of girls fed up with the hairstyles (and any outfit) and ready to be "done with it" come the afternoon. Admittedly, some of that hair looked so tight it was like an 6yo with a facelift.
99% of those LOOK tight but are not actually tight. It's the product that made it look that way. Smooth and taut to the head is not tight, if that makes sense. Tight will actually make the skin on the scalp turn red. Something I learned from years of putting DD's hair up in buns for ballet. Product will give you the smooth look without making it tight.

Just my observation here:
I would expect the hairdo to last the day but multiple days? Swimming? In the Florida heat? Do kids not get bathed everyday?
My daughters BBB hairdo lasted 3-4 days when she had it done two years ago. That was with swimming and getting hair wet and bathing everyday.

My daughters BBB hairdo lasted 3-4 days when she had it done two years ago. That was with swimming and getting hair wet and bathing everyday.

I admit, being male (and balding), not much use for hair products...but that just seems to defy nature and physics! I'll always amazed to hear that's possible...I wonder what the breaking point is?....water slides?...swimming underwater?...showers? I would wonder how upu get the chlorine out of the hair after swimming but it sounds like it wouldn't breach the "shell!"

Last edited:
I admit, being male (and balding), not much use for hair products...but that just seems to defy nature and physics! I'll always amazed to hear that's possible...I wonder what the breaking point is?....water slides?...swimming underwater?...showers? I would wonder how upu get the chlorine out of the hair after swimming but it sounds like it wouldn't breach the "shell!"

LOL. This is precisely why we have never done BBB with my daughter. The hair styles are sooooooo ridiculous for a child, bordering on street-waker chic. Nothing says "princess" about the work they do there.

LOL. This is precisely why we have never done BBB with my daughter. The hair styles are sooooooo ridiculous for a child, bordering on street-waker chic. Nothing says "princess" about the work they do there.

It's not my intent to speak disparagingly about BBB or the whole process. Disney World, Disney and society in general does a lot to encourage wanting to be a princess and reinforcing that gender role, I sure don't blame any little girl for having fun with it (or boy equivalent)...it's dress-up! I like to wear my tuxedo when I can. I noted a while ago, I do see a good percentage on them that is done with it come that afternoon and just want put their hair down and get back in to a t-shirt and shorts...but then we there in later August, and yet they get plenty of repeat customers at WDW (BBB is far less popular at DL).

I often play devil's advocate, this isn't the case here. I'm just saying...I never knew that hair product was so damn strong! If I had started soon enough maybe It could hold on to the hair that had turned loose from my scalp.

Last edited:
I always thought those BBB hairdos looked painful and kind of odd. My girls never wanted that.

That being said plenty of people aren't super sensory and sensitive headed like me and my girls. Hence the tons of girls who looked pretty happy with their dos I've seen over the years. Ive never seen any one trying to pull It or out or anything.

So even though it isn't our thing they should give people the option IMO.

Yeah, DGD has done it 4 times at WDW, twice at DL and wanted to do it again at WDW last week. All but the first time was her idea. She was 3 and it was her first trip so she didn't know what it was when I took her. And she loves it. Never wants the hair down either. Some kids just do better wearing their hair up than others.

Do what? A bun like a ballerina wears is street-walker chic? Ok.

Most of the buns that come out of BBB don't look like a ballerina's at all. They use more glossy hair spray than a pack of mall-girls in 1986. If the BBB is making a change away from that look, then I applaud them.

My daughter's hair is very fine, and will not stay up without product. She looks forward to BBB every year too, but we will have to skip next time if product is not an option.

No way would I pay for this without product in the hair. It wouldn't last through the first ride after getting it done. Who on earth thought this was a good idea?

Guess folks need to pack in their own hair spray bottles and do it themselves.

Guess folks need to pack in their own hair spray bottles and do it themselves.

Actually, I'd be very interested to hear what the response is when someone brings a can of hairspray to BBB and asks if it's OK to spray their daughter's hair when the hair-do's done. Will BBB allow this, or will they refuse, citing the chemicals in the air that the spray would cause?

Actually, I'd be very interested to hear what the response is when someone brings a can of hairspray to BBB and asks if it's OK to spray their daughter's hair when the hair-do's done. Will BBB allow this, or will they refuse, citing the chemicals in the air that the spray would cause?
You can go outside or to the nearest bathroom to spray if they have a problem with it. I would avoid the smoking section for flamability concerns! :rotfl2:

I have nothing substantial to offer to the conversation but, as a casual observer from people watching, I have seen a lot of girls fed up with the hairstyles (and any outfit) and ready to be "done with it" come the afternoon. Admittedly, some of that hair looked so tight it was like an 6yo with a facelift.

That would be my DD. The first time she did it, she got the bun, and her pictures do look like she had a face lift. I think her appointment was at 10, and we ate at CRT around noon and not even halfway through the meal, she was begging me to take her hair down because it hurt. I wound up taking it down in the middle of MK shortly after lunch- surprisingly all the gel brushed out and her hair didn't look too bad after. She did it several times after that. She did the style called the "Diva" (the one with fake hair added) and it did not bother her at all. She still had no interest in keeping it in overnight- she wanted it down and washed before bed. She did the hair that came with the courtyard package once with a Minnie Halloween package- that is the one with the hair in kind of braids or cornrows. That one she said hurt after a while.

I can't believe they took all the gel and hairspray out. I would expect a lower price for hair that has no staying power and has no product in it and that they spend less time doing. (like that would ever happen). I wonder if the donut is just being used for girls with shorter hair?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts