BIG BROTHER 19! SPOILER THREAD! "SUMMER OF TEMPTATION"

Can someone explain to me how Jessica's hex works. How can she keep Cody and herself safe. I thought it was only for 1 person to keep safe. I'm confused.

Can someone explain to me how Jessica's hex works. How can she keep Cody and herself safe. I thought it was only for 1 person to keep safe. I'm confused.

It halts the eviction altogether. But the consequences will be for the entire house - and we don't know what they are. Personally, I think it will be a double-eviction.

I had heard that Kevin told Paul he won the $25,000. Maybe Paul is lying that Rames won it to try to shift blame on why he really got Rames out. Not sure if I like that Jessica spilled the beans about her temptation, but it may make Paul think twice about putting them up.

The temptation competition thing is weird. Do you guys see any of them doing this? Maybe Jess and Cody since she has the halting hex anyway, but for anyone else to risk being last doesn't make sense since they all know Paul will probably put Jess and Cody up.

I don't think he will put them up it be waste of HOH for him.

How so? We don't know the rules yet of how the halting hex works. What if Paul nominates Cody and Mark. Jessica uses the hex in order to save Cody, but then the rules dictate that Paul nominate two new people. He nominates Jessica and she's gone.

Unless I've missed something, we don't know all the rules yet.

I think Jess is safe.

Paul will probably nominate Mark and Elena since he's not sure what the hex involves.

I think Jess is safe.

Paul will probably nominate Mark and Elena since he's not sure what the hex involves.

The thing is if he doesn't nominate Cody/Jess, she will keep hanging that power over their heads, and nobody knows the expiration date. So Cody/Jessica would essentially be running the house and that can't make Paul very happy.

How so? We don't know the rules yet of how the halting hex works. What if Paul nominates Cody and Mark. Jessica uses the hex in order to save Cody, but then the rules dictate that Paul nominate two new people. He nominates Jessica and she's gone.

Unless I've missed something, we don't know all the rules yet.

Based on what was described, the way that it works is that if her or an ally are on the block, she has the power to stop the eviction night. It would be as if there is no eviction for that HOH. There would be a new HOH and new nominations.

Based on what was described, the way that it works is that if her or an ally are on the block, she has the power to stop the eviction night. It would be as if there is no eviction for that HOH. There would be a new HOH and new nominations.

Who said there would be a new HOH? I'm not saying you're wrong just that I don't remember hearing that.

Who said there would be a new HOH? I'm not saying you're wrong just that I don't remember hearing that.

Here's how I understand it:

The whole weeks goes on normally. The HOH nominates two people, veto is played and the power can be used or not. We get all the way to Thursday's live eviction. Before the votes happen, Jessica can stand up and halt the entire eviction. No one votes. No one goes home. The next HOH competition is played, as usual, and a new HOH is crowned. Basically, the week will have been a waste for the HOH whose eviction was halted. They will get no one evicted.

Jessica has three or four (can't remember which) weeks to use the Halting Hex, so this week counted as the first. If she and/or Cody are on the block in the next few weeks, she can halt the entire eviction. It covers both nominees, and there are no replacement nominees.

I think Jessica really made a mistake by A) telling Kevin that she had the power and B) announcing to the whole house that she has it. I agree with a previous poster who said Paul should go ahead and nominate Cody and Jessica this week. Even if the veto is used, one will remain on the block. Let Jessica use the hex to stop the eviction. Then move on the next week. If they refrain from nominating them until the hex runs out, they will risk evicting people who can be used as votes against them later. Paul might consider it a waste of his HOH, but making them use the hex would be a win for his side. He could keep his numbers and Jessica and Cody would not be safe the following week.

Isn't Jess making them all think that the hex is good for all 4 weeks, regardless of whether it's used? I'm not sure if she told Kevin all the stipulations.

Holy Cow! When she told Julie she had the hex in front of everyone, Julie was speechless, It was great.
Of course, I don't know why Jess did that. Production must be pissed, they wanted a dramatic ceremony to happen.........
Pauls face was priceless too......

The hex is good for 4 evictions. There's been 2 so far: Last night and last week when she was on the block with Dom. There is no way she would use it unless she was saving Cody or herself.

Paul thinks it's too broad to be a real thing plus if she really had it, why didn't she use it last week when she was on the block? I heard him say to I think Jason that he might put the two of them up to see how it really works.

I'm curious to see who is going to participate in the temptation competition.

I also recall that in Season 1, the houseguests were given next to nothing. They had to earn everything. The house had a garden and chickens and they were supposed to "live off the land." Didn't they even have an old-fashioned washer where they had to wring out their clothes? The concept of the game has changed quite a bit since then.

Yes -- that washer was ridiculous. And no dryer, they had to hang everything up! I forgot about those early days how they had to earn everything.

Honestly, I think the slop needs to end already -- and the sleeping in a ridiculously torturous room. That whole scenario has been done to death and watching them eat that crap is nasty. I remember in past seasons they had the viewers vote for one food that they could eat besides the slop. Granted, sometimes the item picked was more disgusting than the slop, but other times they got something decent to off balance the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter