BIG BROTHER 19! SPOILER THREAD! "SUMMER OF TEMPTATION"

I think Paul's fatal flaw was getting too close to too many, basically the whole jury, except Cody. Put his eggs in too many baskets. The jurors wouldn't have felt so betrayed if he didn't promise each of them (except) Cody they were his final 3. He still could have had good relationships with them, but he just went overboard on that friendship nonsense. Take Derrick, he really was only close and had loyalty to Cody, but had good relationships with everyone, so no one really felt betrayed by Derrick.

Well put!

Okay but my question is how did you want Paul to handle Alex? Tell me what would have been his best move.
I think if he had admitted to Alex, in his goodbye message, the truth, like Josh did, she would have respected his game play more. He was "over the top" with his acting as if he was getting blindsided with every eviction. I really feel this is where he lost - not owning up to his game play (in order to "not get blood on his hands"). Most of the good players in the past didn't win that way, in my recollection. Just my opinion, though.

I think if he had admitted to Alex, in his goodbye message, the truth, like Josh did, she would have respected his game play more. He was "over the top" with his acting as if he was getting blindsided with every eviction. I really feel this is where he lost - not owning up to his game play (in order to "not get blood on his hands"). Most of the good players in the past didn't win that way, in my recollection. Just my opinion, though.

I could see that.

In my opinion, Paul played the better game and deserved the win. I think that to some extent he mismanaged the jury, but the other problem is they were sore losers. If they weren't so bitter then maybe his mismanagement wouldn't matter. Obviously for some they couldn't get past it and others could. Part of it is personality. And you can't tell me that Cody voted Josh because of gameplay. He just hated Josh less than he hated Paul. I think that if he didn't have such a vendetta, Paul would have won by one vote.

I also think Paul did a bad job with the questions portion. He should have just owned it and said, "Yeah, I did everything that you're saying I did, but I did it because it's a game and I was going to do what it took to win." He shouldn't have deflected or denied. I think some of them would have appreciated that.

Spot. On.

It's been fun to read back through this thread this morning. Great takes by everyone, and points I hadn't considered.

I won't duplicate the comments of others, but just a few thoughts...

1. As a season of gameplay, it was terrible. But sometimes we forget that CBS isn't just casting a group of players, they're essentially casting characters in a TV show. So as far as the game goes, last night was a bewildering(I mean, NOBODY saw this coming, right?) conclusion.

But it made for GREAT television. I rewound it three times just to see Paul's reaction during the vote reading. When Elena went for Josh, you can see the exact moment that Paul knew he'd lost. That reaction was raw and genuine, and it made for fascinating TV.

2. Is Josh one of the worst players to ever win the game? Sure he is. But I will say this....on the CBS broadcasts, he was much different over the past month than he was over the first two. And I think if THAT Josh had played the whole summer, we'd all feel much differently about him. He just couldn't handle being around Cody/Jess/Mark/Elena. Once they were gone, he became a different guy AND a different player. Shame we didn't see that until the end.

3. I'll give Celebrity BB a shot. They're just looking for programming to counter the Olympics, so ratings may struggle, but it'll still be a nice diversion.

4. I think Cody won AFP partially as a smack back against Paul and the others. But I honestly thought that once he was evicted, Cody's brutal honesty about the whole thing became somewhat endearing to people. The guy made no bones about how he felt about the other players and the game, and I kind of liked his giant middle finger towards the whole thing. I even found it funny, and I'm guessing others did, too. I mean, the guy never lied. He may have been a TERRIBLE social player, but he stayed true to himself.

Plus, Cody and Jess need to be cast on "Amazing Race" with the quickness. They'd be fascinating to watch....and they'd finish Top 3, easily.

5. I don't need to see Jesse, Frankie, or Austin on my screen anymore, thanks.

READY FOR SURVIVOR!!!

Like I said above Paul's fatal flaw was making Final 3 deals with every one in that jury, except Cody. What Paul should have done was to align himself with Alex and Jason. Yes, they were the strongest couple, but this would have kept Paul safe and would have kept Paul from screwing so many over. By aligning himself with Joshmas, the weakest couple, he had no choice but to promise the sun to everyone because he knew Joshmas could not win anything unless it was thrown to them. Yes, Paul would have sat next to Alex or Jason who would have won comps on their own accord, but so would Paul and I think the Jury votes for Paul because he never would have promised all of them Final 3. How could he expect Alex to ever vote for him after her gets her to throw a comp and then evicts Jason? He completely blindsided someone he promised Final 2 to, you can't overcome that. To use a word Paul loved to use about everyone else, he played himself.

Just...... WOW..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The vote reminds me of the saying "he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword." This whole season, Paul has used everyone's emotions to take advantage of them. Using "friendship", manipulation, bullying, etc. to further his game. How poetic that it was emotions of the jurors that caused his downfall. Very shortsighted of Paul and one of the biggest flaws of his game. Just as lawyers pick a jury.....they know most jurors will vote off of emotion and use that to their advantage.

The look on the jurors faces as Paul was attempting his "masterful" speech said it all. Paul was so boastful, rehearsed, and unlikeable. Josh was attempting something rehearsed but as usual, let his emotions take over which at least shows he is more genuine, like him or not. As Cody? said, at least Josh told you to your face where Paul hid behind closed doors.

The icing on the cake was Cody winning AFP. It was the final dagger into Paul's heart. Paul thought he had everything won as soon as Josh announced he was taking Paul to the end instead of Christmas. You could see it in his body language and he said in the DR that he would beat Josh in the end. I think his first clue that things were going astray wasn't until he found out Josh exposed HIS game in the jury's good-bye messages which is why he suddenly tried to win back favor by pointing to himself each time Josh mentioned himself aligning with Paul which actually just made Paul look even more pathetic.

Glad it is over and now I am pumped up for the new season of Survivor. :Pinkbounc Anyone starting a thread on that?

One better way was not promising F2 or F3 to EVERYONE. Also playing the 'it wasn't me. I had no idea" crap was miscalculation on his part. Maybe that would work once but not 5 times in a row.

Also the 3 weeks safety was too much help and would have been nice to see the game go naturally. He may have still made F2 but on his own merits.

I stayed up late and watched the dumb backyard interviews. All the pre jury folks were happy Paul lost. They watched the season at home and it speaks volumes that they were happy with the outcome.

The other forum I am on was also pretty pleased last night. The pizzed Paul fan is rare. Seem to all be here...all 4 of them. Lol.

Alex made her remark at the end as she put her key in the slot... " I am voting for the person that stabbed me in the front, not the back."

I really don't think Cody sought out Big Brother himself, either it was someone's idea for him or production found him. He really had no clue about this "game".
I wanted so badly to see the faces of Paul and the minions when Cody won AFP, but they had the camera on Cody, too bad.

I have only watched AR when Jeff and Jordan were on it, I would watch Jess and Cody if they go on.

This thread was a good time folks, hope to see you all for Celebrity BB!!!! :yay::yay:

One better way was not promising F2 or F3 to EVERYONE. Also playing the 'it wasn't me. I had no idea" crap was miscalculation on his part. Maybe that would work once but not 5 times in a row.

Also the 3 weeks safety was too much help and would have been nice to see the game go naturally. He may have still made F2 but on his own merits.

I stayed up late and watched the dumb backyard interviews. All the pre jury folks were happy Paul lost. They watched the season at home and it speaks volumes that they were happy with the outcome.

The other forum I am on was also pretty pleased last night. The pizzed Paul fan is rare. Seem to all be here...all 4 of them. Lol.

No they weren't. Jessica was asked point blank who deserved to win and she said Paul. And people on this board love Jessica.

I don't like Paul, never did; but he was the only person to control the game from start to finish. The people who voted for Josh didn't vote for his game play, they voted to punish Paul for the slight they felt personally.

As for other places being happy Paul lost, sure there are. However, I have read just as many or more comments that felt Paul was screwed by a bitter jury.

And about the showmances....
Paul completely shut down any possible romance with Festivus. Definitively!!! Boy was she dumb to give up F2 for him.
Most people think Jody will last and make babies.
Mark and Elena may have a shot. She does seem into him. But most everyone else see them fizzling out.
Most everyone said Maven isnt even a thing and would not go anywhere....except poor dumb Matt who thinks they are lasting forever. I think he's in for a surprise when he sees what Raven is all about. Poor dumb fella.

And the nomance...they are in good terms but I wonder if Jason will ever realize that Alex was not a good BB player.

You know what makes last night a bit unique?

How many times over the years has a bitter Survivor/BB jury actually voted BASED on that bitterness?

I mean, it's natural to be bitter if you're on the jury. You're there, most likely, because of the people who you're voting on. But 9 times out of 10, it seems like the jury still ends up laying the bitterness aside and voting based on facts.

Guess this was the 10th out of 10 times.

And about the showmances....
Paul completely shut down any possible romance with Festivus. Definitively!!! Boy was she dumb to give up F2 for him.
Most people think Jody will last and make babies.
Mark and Elena may have a shot. She does seem into him. But most everyone else see them fizzling out.
Most everyone said Maven isnt even a thing and would not go anywhere....except poor dumb Matt who thinks they are lasting forever. I think he's in for a surprise when he sees what Raven is all about. Poor dumb fella.

And the nomance...they are in good terms but I wonder if Jason will ever realize that Alex was not a good BB player.
I'm curious about the Christmas/Paul thing! Was this something he said in the backyard interviews? I wish I had seen this!

We all saw that this cast was....ummm.... immature and Paul played on that to his advantage. So therefore, it should have been glaringly obvious to him that they'd be immature jurors and vote more on emotion.

Absolutely. But even as immature as they were(are), I still thought that their heads would cool off in jury and they'd be able to vote rationally, especially after Will brought up such good points in his roundtable.

But nope....they stayed immature right till the bitter end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter