BEWARE! Theft at Saratoga Springs Resort

Absolutely!!! I don't understand why people don't automatically put the security lock on the minute they are in the room. Better safe than sorry.

Not to mention - it keeps my little one IN the room, too. I have child door knob openers on all of our doors leaving the house because my DS4 just thinks the world is his oyster and wants to head out at the slightest provocation. DD now 8 wasn't like that at all when she was his age - each child is different, I suppose. But anyhow - I throw that bolt at the top of the door because knowing DS, he won't realize we aren't at home and would (a) get completely confused and scared as soon as he realized he didn't know where he was and (b) there are strange and scary people out there who are just as likely to snatch him as steal something out of my room if I didn't have the bolt thrown!

I guess what I'm trying to say is - if purses, computers, and cameras can be lifted - so can kids. I'm not a sensationalist, but I'm all for locking others out whether I'm there or not - and all for locking myself and my family IN when we are there!

Sorry to hear that! We stayed at SSR in July. Housekeeping came in to reclean our room because our room was dirty. We left two purses and two laptops in visible site. Nothing was touched.

Wow I will never do that again!!! I will not even bring my laptop next time!! We will also put our purse in the safe....

Interesting that you mentioned you had your room recleaned at SSR. Same for us this past week. WE moved across the hall to a new room two days after checking in (for another reason) and we were not allowed to CHECK in again until after 4. We went to the desk to get new room keys and move into that room after 4 and all that was done was the beds were changed and there were fresh towels and liners in the trash cans. The PLACE WAS FILTHY. The carpet was dirty.....BIG TIME, the one shower had tons of hair stuck to the walls, the floors had visible YUCK on them in the bathroom and kitchen. I called housekeeping and they sent a lady up to look at it..SHE WAS SO UPSET and kept apologizing. She took about 3 hours and cleaned that 2 bedroom villa ***** and span, she even changed the beds again. She was so apologetic. People need to complain when things 'HAPPEN' at these resorts so something can be done. We also left a blanket, stuffed animal and my brand new (never worn) bathing suit in the room we moved out of. I called the same day we moved and noticed they were missing AND THEY WERE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND. Lost and Found called me 2 times while we were at SSR and another after we left and moved to BWV and still no luck. So I am guessing.....they were taken my house keeping. I can't imagine anyone wanting my bathing suit either. LOL

I am rather anal about locking stuff up too. We always put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door when we are not there, too. Maybe it helps a little; who really knows? We leave the tv on too.....why would a thief take a chance on going into a room that might not be vacant? I don't take my laptop unless I have to and always carry my cell phone with me. Yes, it can be a drag, but Disney is just like every other place; you have to be vigilant because there are always shady characters hanging around. I am so sorry for your traumatic experience.

My Mother just called today! As you remember I posted earlier in this thread that nothing of ours were stolen! They weren't but someone used my mother's number off her credit card and charged 1700.00. I cannot give you the details where etc. because the fraud dept is involved.

Now my mother never uses her credit card. She just brought it to SSR for an emergency. She pays cash for everything. She has never had it anywhere unattended except for that one day she did not take her purse at SSR and the room was cleaned when we came back. If you remember we complained about the room being dirty. We did not know they were going to just come in and clean it again. They never mentioned that.

Now my mother got a call from the bank today and they said that it looked suspicious because she never uses her card and asked her if she charged 1700.00. She said no!! I am soo upset and feel so bad it happened to my mother. She was my guest at this resort. I will post as I know more.

We always take luggage locks with us (pack them in our suitcases) and whenever we leave the room, we lock our laptop, chargers, camera, etc in the suitcases or if small enough, in the room safe and then put the safe key in the suitcase as well. I'm so sorry that this happened to the OP, but you really can't trust anyone at any hotel.

The last place I would put the safe key is in the locked luggage which, by the fact it is locked, gives the impression of holding valuable items. Finding the key would be icing on the cake to a thief. As stated in earlier post, bell services move luggage all the time and it would not be strange to see them moving a piece from a room.

I always use the safe in the room but my husband is more casual with his things. I know we have been guilty of leaving an extra key card on the table and will certainly not do that again.

My Mother just called today! As you remember I posted earlier in this thread that nothing of ours were stolen! They weren't but someone used my mother's number off her credit card and charged 1700.00. I cannot give you the details where etc. because the fraud dept is involved.

Now my mother never uses her credit card. She just brought it to SSR for an emergency. She pays cash for everything. She has never had it anywhere unattended except for that one day she did not take her purse at SSR and the room was cleaned when we came back. If you remember we complained about the room being dirty. We did not know they were going to just come in and clean it again. They never mentioned that.

Now my mother got a call from the bank today and they said that it looked suspicious because she never uses her card and asked her if she charged 1700.00. She said no!! I am soo upset and feel so bad it happened to my mother. She was my guest at this resort. I will post as I know more.

Where the charges on the card, local in the Orlando area?

We recently had our credit card number stolen and the card was locked in our home safe and had never been used, nor ever taken out of the safe.

We recently had our credit card number stolen and the card was locked in our home safe and had never been used, nor ever taken out of the safe.

WOW! How does that happen?

She is going to give me more info.But even with more info I do not believe it is not enough proof. The bank says people often sell the numbers. She is so upset. But I told her. The card is cancelled. Do not worry about it.

I have had this happen also. The Credit card was still attached to the paper it was mailed to me on. I had it in a drawer in my house. When the fraud dept called at 7:30am one morning, there had been $3300.00 charged on the Internet overnight. I had never activated the card, so it was suspicious to the CC co. Thank goodness! The charge was immediately revoked, card cancelled, new card issued.

I have had this happen also. The Credit card was still attached to the paper it was mailed to me on. I had it in a drawer in my house. When the fraud dept called at 7:30am one morning, there had been $3300.00 charged on the Internet overnight. I had never activated the card, so it was suspicious to the CC co. Thank goodness! The charge was immediately revoked, card cancelled, new card issued.

Wow terrible!!

This thread didn't appear until the day we left for our SSR trip, so it is new to me. Knowing about the potential for trouble at any lodging facility I packed and used a cable lock for my laptop. I take my camera with me everytime I leave the room.

I had brought a checkbook this trip, we bought an add-on to AKV and I wrote out a check for it. The checkbook stayed in the safe the rest of the time.

Sorry that crap like this has to happen.

We've had this happen to us, too.

Our house was up for sale and somebody came through and took the paper off a stack on our desk, activated the card (we hadn't yet), and used the number (the card was secured away) to make nearly 10k in purchases before the credit card company got suspicious and called us.

Lots of poor excuses for humans walking around out there.

I am rather anal about locking stuff up too. We always put the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door when we are not there, too. Maybe it helps a little; who really knows? We leave the tv on too.....why would a thief take a chance on going into a room that might not be vacant? I don't take my laptop unless I have to and always carry my cell phone with me. Yes, it can be a drag, but Disney is just like every other place; you have to be vigilant because there are always shady characters hanging around. I am so sorry for your traumatic experience.

This is what we do when we stay in a hotel, and haven't had any problems..luckily. We've stayed in SSR the last 2 years and have had no problems. We always lock up money and any tickets in the safe, but have left the laptop, cameras, nintendo DS, and a game boy laying around, and they have been moved if the room is cleaned, but never taken. I didn't think about a cable lock for the computer, and will get one for the next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter