Beverage Substitution at QS on DDP

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
So if I'm remembering correctly, we can get a snack instead of a beverage at a QS location, correct? And this makes the most sense to do this at the resort, since you have the refillable mug anyway, right?

I'm wondering about the same thing. I don't want more soda since we have the mug to use back at the resort.

Like, what would be a snack to substitute for the beverage?

It seems to depend on where you're at. Some locations, mostly resort QS, allow it. Some don't. There were a lot of reports a few weeks back that the POP food court is no longer allowing this - it is a bottled drink or nothing, even though you have the mug - but no word on whether that's a real change in the unwritten policy or just a specific manager's interpretation.

Bottom line? It can't hurt to ask but be prepared for it to go either way.

Dining plan users have reported more success at the food courts and CS venues at the resorts because of the refillable mugs. As Colleen wrote there have been posts that at Pop and one other resort the only exchange being allowed was a bottled beverage.

There have been far fewer reports that a substitution other than bottled water is being allowed in the parks.

Since there is nothing in the current dining plan brochure that specifically allows this substitution it is up to the individual dining venues so you will have to ask every time.

Like, what would be a snack to substitute for the beverage?
It might bea different beverage, dessert, side dish, fruit, candy, items with the purple ddp logo...it will depend on the venue so you will have to ask each time if you see something you want or to find out what the location allows.

When we had DDP at POP we would get a bottle of orange juice to take back to room. Worked great because we ate breakfast in room and that was one less thing for me to bring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!