Best way to spend a day/ half a day in the Wizarding world?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone ,

I am currently planning a trip in November and hoping to spend at least a day or half a day in the Wizarding world. I have done most of the rides previously but have always rushed the land and have not really explored most of the shops / shows etc so was wondering what you would suggest? all I have planned out so far is to eat at the three broomsticks. As I am staying off site I won’t have early access to Hagrids unfortunately so would it be wise to get this done first in the morning or wait till later in the day? I am also a bit torn on which part to do first so any advice would Be greatly appreciated.

TYIA

Are you planning on both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, or just Hogsmeade?

Hagrid's tends to experience a "lunchtime lull" if you can't get to it during Early Entry. Often the midday wait times are shorter than park open, which peaks. Check out Thrill Data for more: https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/a...re/hagridsmagicalcreaturesmotorbikeadventure/

If you are going to Diagon Alley, I LOVE Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. Knockturn Alley is also worth a wander over there! IMO, Diagon Alley has more "atmospheric" things to soak up. Even outside of it with the Knight Bus, Kreacher in the window of 12 Grimmauld Place and dialing 62442 in the phone booth. (Though I'm not sure if that last effect is working all the time.)

Agree with all of the above. Definitely don't want to get in Hagrids line right at the tail end of early entry, that's probably the longest that line will be all day.

Since you don't have early entry, it is a good idea to head to the non-EE park first, so you're not behind the EE crowd hitting the HP area. That's the best time for spells, non-crowded shopping, non-crowded exploration, and I'm given to understand Florean Fortescues opens with the park so you can enjoy a chilly breakfast while exploring.

I would say all of the shows are worth watching once. Also, If you stand in one place, you will get to see both shows at each park, because they alternate and there is not a huge amount of time between shows. For example, the Tri-Wizard Spirit Rally will happen on the same stage as the Hogwarts Choir.

Are you planning on both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley, or just Hogsmeade?

Hagrid's tends to experience a "lunchtime lull" if you can't get to it during Early Entry. Often the midday wait times are shorter than park open, which peaks. Check out Thrill Data for more: https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/a...re/hagridsmagicalcreaturesmotorbikeadventure/

If you are going to Diagon Alley, I LOVE Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour. Knockturn Alley is also worth a wander over there! IMO, Diagon Alley has more "atmospheric" things to soak up. Even outside of it with the Knight Bus, Kreacher in the window of 12 Grimmauld Place and dialing 62442 in the phone booth. (Though I'm not sure if that last effect is working all the time.)
Thank you for the advice , I will have a look at the link. I did not know about the lunch time drop but I guess that makes sense. I will be doing both so will hopeful get to explore everything. I couldn’t decide if I should do hagrids first or take the train to make it more immersive but I think that has decided it. I have heard the ice cream parlour is amazing.

You can put a wait time alert on Hagrid’s using the universal app . You set what time you want to be alerted at - say 60 minutes and it will alert you if it’s at or below that time.

The Leaky Cauldron & Three Broomstick both do breakfast. If you’re going for lunch, try to eat at off peak times since they get crowded at peak dining times.

Train is different each way so ride it twice. You might want to spurge for an interactive wand if you don’t have one. Super cool effects you can trigger in both sections.

Truly, I don't think you need a plan to explore the lands. Well, other than just allowing time in your schedule.

My advice is just to go slow.

IMO, the fun of the area is just to take your time and see all the little details. I think it would be a mistake for anyone to list them all off, and for you to tour the area based on such a list.

IMO, it is WAY more magical to discover all the details for yourself, on your own. Surprises and discoveries are magic.

I've explored the lands quite a few times yet often find new details (or things I'd forgotten).

My STONG advice is again just to take your time. Listen. Look carefully.

Do get a wand. Once in a while the spells do break. There is one nobody seems to know about. It is not marked, but I just tried it earlier this month and it still worked!

Do explore the gift shops. They are full of details many people don't stop to see.

Beyond that maybe rewatch the movies before your visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter