Best way to reserve ADR

musicmom24

Earning My Ears
I'm coming up to my 180 day mark. It's our first trip with our 4 kids and I really want to get some good dining reservations. Is it better to reserve on a computer or on the app on my phone? What's been your experiences? TIA

Both work equally well. Very easy either way and one does not give an advantage over the other.

I would highly recommend using a computer as the primary way to book reservations, and have the app as a back up. My reasoning for this suggestion is that many dis board posters have had issues with the app (dates changing, etc...)

I've used both and have had no issues with either. Just be aware that special dining (dessert parties, Fantasmic! packages, etc) can only be booked on the website. I believe they do provide a link on the app but ultimately it will take you to the website.

I find the website easier, but it tends to crash more in my experience, so have both ready. Prioritize your ADRs to try for the most popular first, like BOG, CRT, Ohana, etc. It is sometimes easier to get those later in your week if you have a longer trip. And if you don't get something, book a second choice, and then keep trying - many things open up as trips get closer and people firm up plans. There is also a Cancelled ADR thread on here for each month that you can watch, and Touring Plans Reservation finder you can sign up for for free to look for ones you need. You can usually get most everything you need by the time you get there if you keep checking!

Definitely have both computer and phone app ready if you have must-get ADRs. When 6:00 on My 180 came around, I couldn't get the website calendar to advance but was able to get everything on the app.

If you haven't already, log into MDE and enter the credit card info that you want used to hold your reservations.... you shouldn't have to enter it again on your 180 morning.

I always call because Fantasmic is one of our regular things and this is embarrassing I don't use the computer and I am a Sr IT in the govt. I have seen that sad site crash to often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!