Best way to get groceries to CBBR?

disneyjr77

DIS Veteran
I looked into Garden Grocer and Amazon Fresh, and neither of those deliver to CBBR. We wanted to get a few groceries (water, snacks, breakfast stuff, etc) for the room, but won't have a car. This will be our first year without a car, so I'm not sure what to do.

What's the best way to time and cost wise to get groceries?

Your right that Amazon Fresh isn't in Orlando yet but Amazon Prime Now Is. They will deliver to Cabana Bay Resort in two hours if you are a prime member. I was told that you have to meet them in the lobby to accept your delivery.

Maybe uber to a local publix or other store ?

I thought about uber, but since we've never used it was nervous about it.

Your right that Amazon Fresh isn't in Orlando yet but Amazon Prime Now Is. They will deliver to Cabana Bay Resort in two hours if you are a prime member. I was told that you have to meet them in the lobby to accept your delivery.

I have Prime, but when i looked into it they only had 2 or 3 things on our list. I thought that was weird.

How are you getting to CBBR?

The Universal shuttle, we got it with our package.

Orlando Grocery Express also delivers to Universal Resorts. You must accept your delivery in person between 9AM to 11AM if staying at CB, SF or HR. Royal Pacific and Portafino will accept deliveries to Bell Services.

Orlando Grocery Express also delivers to Universal Resorts. You must accept your delivery in person between 9AM to 11AM if staying at CB, SF or HR. Royal Pacific and Portafino will accept deliveries to Bell Services.

Thanks, I'll look into them.

I thought about uber, but since we've never used it was nervous about it.

I have Prime, but when i looked into it they only had 2 or 3 things on our list. I thought that was weird.

The Universal shuttle, we got it with our package.

Ok, I was going to mention that if you were using a towncar service (FL Tours, Happy Limo), they will offer you a 30-min grocery stop on the way from the airport.

I looked into Orlando Grocery Express, and having to be there for that 2 hour window stinks. What if they're late?

After that, i researched taxis, uber, and town cars. If we stick with the shuttle it's $105, plus the $20-30 for the taxi and the time invested with getting a taxi. If I cancel shuttle (i don't even know if i can yet), and pay for the town car that includes the stop it's $125 with Quicksilver Tours. Has anyone used them before? Is it a hassle or would it be all around easier than the shuttle/taxi method?

After looking into all our options and thinking it over, we're going to stick with our universal shuttle and then just get a cab Saturday morning (our flight lands at 6pm Friday).

The towncar almost happened, but i thought it may get too hectic trying to get in and out of a store with a 10 yr old in 30 minutes. I looked at the Mears site and it looks like it won't be too much hassle to get a taxi to walmart.

Thanks for all your help!!! I feel much better now, knowing that I've researched all of our options :dogdance:

I booked through Universal and they give you the option to add the shuttle at the end. It's $105 round trip for the 3 of us.

You can rent a Hertz full sized sedan for about $50 (each way). You don't need to park the car since your hotel should be a Hertz drop-off location. That way you'll have the freedom to go wherever you like to pick up supplies before you get to the hotel. I haven't tried renting FROM the hotel since I just needed to get from the airport to the HRH, but will be moving to Disney, thus will have their complementary Magical Express to take me to the airport.

Plans may change...i read that Publix does grocery delivery, and thought it could be an option.

Has anyone used them to deliver to the resort and how was your experience?

I've found out that Instacart will deliver to Cabana Bay and you choose a 2 hour window. The other places seem to require 9-11 am, which isn't very convenient, but picking your time slot could work out better.

We plan to use an Uber to get to Publix and back. Looks like it'll be less than $20 round trip. We feel this is the most economic choice since the food delivery services generally have a delivery fee and inflated prices. It will also allow us to get alcohol - and one of those famous Publix subs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter