Best way to get from BW to GF?

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
We're staying at the BW and I have a 1900 Park Fare breakfast booked on our departure day.

Should we catch a bus to MK and then take the boat or monorail over to the Grand Floridan
or would it be better to walk over to Hollywood Studios and catch a bus to the GF?

We won't have park tickets on our last day so walking through EPCOT and catching the monorail will not work.

If our ADR is at 10:30, we should be ready to leave the BW at 9:00, correct? We'll need to check our luggage with RAC, give bell services our carry ons, and check out before leaving. I want to make sure my timing it right so I allow enough time to get everything done.

Same question for returning to the BW, should we boat/monorail to MK and catch a bus to BW or catch a bus from GF to Hollywood Studios and walk back to the BW?

I think we'll be done at 1900 FP around noon. That should give us time to get back to the BW for ME to pick us up. Our flight is at 5:50, so ME should pick us up around 2:30.

If you do the bus to MK, I'd recommend the boat to GF.

If it were me, I'd use Uber/Lyft. I think it will be faster.

We have two 18 month olds and a 4 year old. Would we be able to use Uber/lyft?

lynnzrae, with 3 children I'd look into a Disney Minnie Van. They could probably provide the car seats you'd need. I doubt Uber/Lift would have 3 car seats.

lynnzrae, with 3 children I'd look into a Disney Minnie Van. They could probably provide the car seats you'd need. I doubt Uber/Lift would have 3 car seats.
MV's have 2 car seats per vehicle. That's one too few.

You could walk to HS and grab the bus to Gf from there. I like the Boardwalk Location because I can walk to HS and use it as a transportation hub.

You could walk to HS and grab the bus to Gf from there. I like the Boardwalk Location because I can walk to HS and use it as a transportation hub.
Since you’ll have the three youngsters to manage, the bus to MK followed by the boat to GF might be the best option in that direction timewise. The walk to DHS may be less convenient in that regard although you’re used to managing your youngsters and stroller, etc. and I haven’t had to do any of that for more than 35 years.

If you prefer to boat from BW to DHS to catch the GF bus, allow about 25 minutes for the boat ride from BW to DHS since the boat makes two stops enroute. Add in the possible wait time for the boat, the walk to the bus stop from the boat dock, and the wait time for the bus from DHS to the GF. My experience has been that buses from a park back to a resort early in the day are less frequent than later in the day. Many of the buses dropping off at a park appear to be dispatched to run a different route rather than simply doing round trips.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what time the boat from MK to its resorts starts? I’m assuming before the monorail opens?

In the morning, I would think buses from BW to MK would be more frequent than buses from DHS to GF. But do be aware that you'll have to go through bag check at MK. You wouldn't have to deal with that by catching the GF bus at DHS.

Getting back to the BW from the GF using Disney transportation, we have found that the monorail to MK followed by the bus the BW seems a bit more efficient than the boat from GF to MK followed by the same bus. The boat ride from MK to the GF is direct while the boat from GF back to MK stops at the Poly. Similiarly, the monorail from GF to MK is direct, since the MK is the first stop while the monorail from MK to GF stops three times (Contemporary, TTC, and Poly) before it gets to GF.

The bus from GF to DHS followed by walking to BW is a nice alternative in this direction since the bus drop off at DHS is actually pretty close to the walkway to the BW. Bus frequency from resort to parks after your breakfast should be pretty good.

Oh, and enjoy you 1900 PF breakfast. It’s one of our favorite character meals. We last did it just two weeks ago. Try the made-to-order omlette and have some extra smoked salmon for me.

I'd walk to HS and bus it to GF then reverse it. The walk between BW and HS is pretty easy, even with little ones.

Does anyone know what time the boat from MK to its resorts starts? I’m assuming before the monorail opens?
I believe the boat to GF starts as late as 30 minutes before MK opening; the Resort Monorail usually starts earlier. You would be riding the Resort Monorail all the way around the Lagoon from MK to GF, making several stops; IIRC the trip will take about 15 minutes.

Also, note that the "Launches" that serve GF are small boats that are non-accessible, requiring a step down into the boat. They cannot take unfolded wheelchairs or strollers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter