Best Value & Fun for Teens?

webcreatrix

DIS Veteran
We're planning on bringing my daughter's friend on our trip next summer, so I will have three kids eating adult portions at adult prices. We definitely want one character meal and I'm leaning toward 1900 Park Fare dinner because we've never done it and I think it would be a hit with the two 15 yo girls. Daughter would also like to try 50s Prime Time, which we've never done. We will be there 10 nights, but don't need an ADR every day. I would like suggestions, though, for dining at the parks and resorts that is "reasonably priced" and fun for 13-15 year olds.

Reasonably priced:
- The Plaza (MK)
- Rose and Crown (Epcot)
- Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
- Grand Floridian Cafe (GF)
- Kona Cafe (Poly)

Also, you might want to consider making an ADR for the garden view tea room in GF. I went when I was 13 and really really loved it. I think they serve enough food for a meal, too.

Reasonably priced:
- The Plaza (MK)
- Rose and Crown (Epcot)
- Whispering Canyon Cafe (Wilderness Lodge)
- Grand Floridian Cafe (GF)
- Kona Cafe (Poly)

Also, you might want to consider making an ADR for the garden view tea room in GF. I went when I was 13 and really really loved it. I think they serve enough food for a meal, too.

Ah, yes! Rose & Crown - we haven't been there since 2000. And great idea on the tea room! We did that once when our kids were really small. Had tea in the afternoon before a Wishes dessert party later that night. We were stuffed still and could barely eat dessert.

Which reminds me - I think I want a dessert party for HEA or SW Fireworks. Oh, and we will have to do Fantasmic since it's DD's friend's first visit!

Which reminds me - I think I want a dessert party for HEA or SW Fireworks. Oh, and we will have to do Fantasmic since it's DD's friend's first visit!

Definitely do HEA dessert party - Plaza Garden seems to give a better view of the projections. We are trying it for the first time this year, but with how popular HEA is because it's new the dessert party seems to be worth it more now!

Definitely do HEA dessert party - Plaza Garden seems to give a better view of the projections. We are trying it for the first time this year, but with how popular HEA is because it's new the dessert party seems to be worth it more now!

My husband hates the crowd for fireworks, so we've done the Wishes dessert party a few times. Definitely want to put HEA on my list!

I highly recommend the dessert party. My GF and I did the Plaza viewing dessert party for Wishes back in May and had a wonderful experience. So good in fact we are doing the HEA Plaza viewing dessert party next month. It's worth the cost to us as we don't like standing in big crowds. The plaza viewing area is perfect because you get a great view of the fireworks and there's plenty of room for everyone who's attending the event. We also brought a blanket with us to sit down on the grassy area of the viewing area while we waited for the fireworks to begin.

50s is really fun and affordable. It is also pretty good food. 1900 is a hit for either breakfast (Poppins, Mad Hatter, Tigger, Pooh) or dinner (Cinderella and the steps). BOG is also really neat for lunch (or just desserts) because of the atmosphere. Sci-Fi might be fun as well.

For a QS in the parks, I think teen girls would find Satu'li Canteen in Animal Kingdom pretty fun. The food is pretty and adventurous, and customizing your own meal is always fun! It's a good value too, I felt the portions were pretty big. Plus, you get to eat in Pandora!

I would pick Raglan Road for early dinner ( around 4:30, so you can get good seats) for their Irish dancers. I believe your DD and friend will love seeing that show.

My boys (17 and 15) both really like the QS place in Japan. Plus, they got a kick out of the Japanese candy sold in the nearby shop.

My DD is 14 and two of her favorites are Raglan Road (Irish Music and Dancers) and Tepan Edo.

From your posts I can see that you have been several times so you know the term reasonably priced at WDW is a loaded one. But for fun and embarrassing teens a little bit (I have a 17 year old) there is Whispering Canyon, they should like the never-ending milkshakes and have them ask for ketchup. 50's is another favorite, my daughter did not clean her plate and the waiter came over picked up a fork and fed her green beans playing the plane game. The fact that she was 14 and he was there on the CP (and good looking) she about died. Totally worth the price.

Hi,
I have a similar thread going, (bringing 3 teens for DD sweet 16) and I will be stalking yours now:-)

I agree with whispering canyon and 50’s prime time.

I have never done dessert party. HEA.... ok this tells me happily ever after. Is this new firework show name?
What is SW firework show. I see sw and I can’t see anything but southwest airline lol
Thanks
Kerri

Hi,
I have a similar thread going, (bringing 3 teens for DD sweet 16) and I will be stalking yours now:-)

I agree with whispering canyon and 50’s prime time.

I have never done dessert party. HEA.... ok this tells me happily ever after. Is this new firework show name?
What is SW firework show. I see sw and I can’t see anything but southwest airline lol
Thanks
Kerri
HEA is the new fireworks in MK. There are a lot more projections than with Wishes. So, viewing spots are even more at a premium.
SW fireworks are the Star Wars Fireworks in HS.

HEA is the new fireworks in MK. There are a lot more projections than with Wishes. So, viewing spots are even more at a premium.
SW fireworks are the Star Wars Fireworks in HS.
Omg Duh Star Wars lol!!
Thanks
Kerri

Going with 13 and 16 year old. They picked most of our ADR. We have:
BOG lunch
Rose & Crown
50's prime time
Yachtman (our 24th wedding anniversary)
Yak & Yeti
Tepan Edo
Beaches & Cream
BOG dinner
Sci-Fi

Our best money saving is not ordering a meal per person at every meal. We ended up throwing away food which is just throwing out money. We typically share and then if we need to add desert or something no problem.

Hi,

I saw yours right after I posted mine. I will be following your posts as well. When are you going?

Going with 13 and 16 year old. They picked most of our ADR. We have:
BOG lunch
Rose & Crown
50's prime time
Yachtman (our 24th wedding anniversary)
Yak & Yeti
Tepan Edo
Beaches & Cream
BOG dinner
Sci-Fi

Our best money saving is not ordering a meal per person at every meal. We ended up throwing away food which is just throwing out money. We typically share and then if we need to add desert or something no problem.

Our lists are looking pretty similar now. Everyone has provided such great suggestions. Here's what I'm thinking now:

DS: Raglan Road
MK: BoG Lunch and 1900 PF Dinner
HS: Sci Fi Dine In and 50s Prime Time
EP: Rose & Crown and... Japan or Via Napoli or Spice Road Table
AK: Yak & Yeti and ??? - Son wants Rainforest and we are Landry’s members, but I’m going to also check the Canteen’s menu

I also want one signature for DH and I and am leaning towards Jiko, but am undecided.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!