Best Sites for 30Ft Camper & 20x20ft Tent?

Cierese

Mouseketeer
I know we need full hook ups for my folk's camper and the kids and I are used to staying at a Tent Only site... We'd rather combine and stay on the same site this trip if at all possible.

Which sites (Full, Preferred, etc) have enough space for both of us?

Thanks in advance!

Full is probably your best bet. Be sure to let reservationist know you have a camper and tent and your sizes.

You can also use a preferred site. We have done this ourselves a few times, but the kicker is going to be a 20x20 tent. I have set up an Outwell Florida 8 a few times in the 100 loop behind my 38’ motor home. It measures about 15 x 20. Width was not a problem, but was close. The length over hung the tent pad. You may have to anchor one side not using stakes.
I have done this before using a few old chlorine tablet buckets that have lids, and fill them water and tie off to the handle.
I know also there are a couple of sites in the 100 loop that are wide enough you can put it beside your camper and not on the tent pad. I think the last one I did this on was 127, which is the last campsite on the right as you go around the loop. You can see it on Google Earth

We stay on tent sites and last time fit a 26' pop up camper, an 12' x 18' tent, a 12' x 15' tent and still had plenty of space for the picnic table and grill. We left the pop up partially on the driveway, with just enough room to pull our van in front of it. I imagine the same method could be applied to a full site ... just have the camper as far out into the driveway as possible.

Last Spring we went for the first time into a Full hookup loop, I believe it was the 1600 loop, and wow was our site humongous and gorgeous! Much larger than our site the previous year in the Preferred 300 loop. Another thing we liked about it is you could cut through the bath area into another loop and quickly get to main pool area. Ask for a site on canal and near the bathroom, we were a few sites down from bath and our backyard area was extremely large and not a lot of trees so you could fit a large tent. BUT the first site they put us in in that loop was so small that we could literally touch the camper next to us from the bench. There is a full hookup loop that used to have cabins that looked like sites pretty large, not a lot of trees so could work, u can ask what loop that is. If I can figure out how to put pics on here I'll try. I can't remember the site number off hand. Look on YouTube, they have videos of many of the loops.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for your replies! If I'd know a few weeks ago that we'd be back so soon and with my folks and their camper, I would have taken a look around. The kids and I typically stay in Tent sites.

Which sites (Full, Preferred, etc) have enough space for both of us?

30 ft. camper and 20 x 20 tent, I don't think that would be a problem in a full loop.

DSCN2152.JPG

This is in the 1600 loop just down from where we are now. There is about 5 ft. of room between the bus and the tent, but, there is a door and canopy on the other SIDE of the tent. I will try and get a pic of that as I thought that was pretty neat.

Last Spring we went for the first time into a Full hookup loop, I believe it was the 1600 loop, and wow was our site humongous and gorgeous! Much larger than our site the previous year in the Preferred 300 loop. Another thing we liked about it is you could cut through the bath area into another loop and quickly get to main pool area. Ask for a site on canal and near the bathroom, we were a few sites down from bath and our backyard area was extremely large and not a lot of trees so you could fit a large tent. BUT the first site they put us in in that loop was so small that we could literally touch the camper next to us from the bench. There is a full hookup loop that used to have cabins that looked like sites pretty large, not a lot of trees so could work, u can ask what loop that is. If I can figure out how to put pics on here I'll try. I can't remember the site number off hand. Look on YouTube, they have videos of many of the loops.

I'd love to know what site you were on and if it was the 1600 loop!! I am planning an April or June vacation now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts