Best resort pool in Orlando

SpringBreak

Mouseketeer
Looking for suggestions for a great pool. We're going on an impromptu family trip to FL in a couple weeks. With WDW's recent price hikes, we decided to forgo the mouse on this trip in lieu of beach time. Our return flight is out of MCO so I'm looking for a resort with great pools for our last couple nights. My first thought was BC/YC, but the cost + parking is expensive so I thought I'd look around to compare offsite options. We can splurge since it's only a couple nights. We'll have a rental car so we're open to ideas anywhere in the Orlando area.

Here's a copy/paste of my answer for a similar question about a year ago:

Gaylord Palms looks excellent in pictures. I have not been there, but it looks pretty crazy. Reunion Resort has a great water park according to many people. I won't know for certain for a few more weeks. WBC has several pools and all nice for their own reasons.

How about the Holiday Inn pool in Disney Springs?
Just a rectangular in ground pool ?
Deep end ? Shallow end?
Anything special about it?

Should we get a pool view room ?
Noise level?

How about the Holiday Inn pool in Disney Springs?
Just a rectangular in ground pool ?
Deep end ? Shallow end?
Anything special about it?

The pool at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs is reasonably fancy. It has some water jets that splash over the pool. I also think it has a zero-entry feature in the swallow end. Additionally, they have a hot tub. I'm not a water person, so I've never actually used their pool. Here are two images taken from their website.

holidayinndisneysprings-pool-1.jpg

holidayinndisneysprings-pool-2.jpg

Image Source: https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/lake-buena-vista/dislb/hoteldetail

Should we get a pool view room ?
Noise level?

I've only stayed on that side of the tower once, but it was on a high floor. I heard nothing from the pool area. But, I'd guess that you'll hear more if you're in one of the rooms in the wing that surrounds the pool.

I like the pools (and rooms and amenities) at Marriott Grande Vista and Grande Cypress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter