Best method of getting dining reservations with a large group?

Vulnox

Mouseketeer
I am sure this has come up a few times and I apologize for that, there is an aspect of it I wasn’t sure how to search for.

We have four adults and three kids going in November. Tomorrow morning is our 60 day Dining reservation date. We don’t have a lot of must-haves, but the idea is to get three character/special dining reservations for the kids.

I am a DVC member and have booked the room and we bought the tickets for my wife and I and our two kids. Our friends and their daughter have their own park tickets. They are all in my friends and family group and I see them in our hotel reservations and can see that they have park tickets. I was able to make our park pass reservations on our friends behalf, so I suspect I can do their dining reservations. But I don’t know if they can do mine and our kids.

If we have three restaurants we want the best chance at getting, can my wife, myself, and one of our friends all log into our individual Disney accounts and each of us take a restaurant and book them right when 6am strikes? Or will it not like it since we are all in the same planning group? Hopefully that makes sense. I just want to try and make the process efficient with as few issues as possible for things we maybe forgot to do.

Thanks all!

Well we worked it out. For anyone that runs into doing something similar in the future:

Before the reservation day, each of the adults should open MDE (can't do this on the site it seems) and go to My Profile --> Family and Friends list and hit "Add a Guest", and put a check next to anyone not already in your list that is going. Others in the group may have to approve the request to add them.

Once all the adults that will be making reservations can see all the other adults and kids, on the day-of, you can each be logged in and making reservations for the group. Just watch out for overlapping stuff of course.

We were able to get everything we were looking for except one, which was a long shot anyway given our group size. Even with four adults each taking different reservations stuff was filling up fast, so it's worthwhile if you have the group to do it.

Luck and practice! For my family with my sister and her husband and 2 kids, we as a party of 7 found it really hard finding tables. Found it even harder for Cinderella Royal Table, but woke up at 5:45am and around 6, found a reservation at 4:30 pm for dinner, so we'll be dining early and closing with the park since it's an after hours party night and we didn't get tickets.

We have a party of 12 going in November. Member Services was able to get us the ressies we needed for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter