Best Hotel for Young Teens?

tinkermell

<font color=purple>Th boards are going nuts!<br><f
Need advice on best hotel for teens-(responsible 13 year olds, but still young.) I'm more concerned about location than amenities. I would like to feel comfortable about them coming back to the hotel by themselves from the parks and so on during the day. Haven't made up my mind yet on the night thing yet. At first I was only looking into the Grand Californian, but then I started reading reviews on Tripadvsor about the Paradise Pier and it might work out too. It would be nice to save a little money, but if the GC is safer, that would be my first choice. Thanks! :tinker:

Grand Californian is my 15 yr old DD choice.
The DisneyLand hotel is also a good one but you have to walk all the way through Downtown Disney in order to get to the parks.
Grand Californian is really close to both main entrances and it also has its own way to get into California Adventure.
Paradise Pier is a long walk and you also have to go through some dark areas or across the street.

If safety is the number one criteria - I would go with GC. I love PP, but it is a longer walk, through some dark patches and it is across a street - I have never felt scared there and it does not bother me, but I doubt I would allow a 13 year old to do it. GC opens right up to DCA, and if DCA is closed there is an entrance right there at downtown.

If they will not be out after dark - PP really is not a bad option either - however it does get dark pretty early there - but the street they would have to cross has a light - so that might make a difference too if you are only considering daytime.

I agree with the above poster.

GC and the DLH are at opposite ends of DTD in well lit areas and there's no busy streets to cross for guests on foot. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter