best footwear to wear with a sundress to the parks?

Disneytrippin'

DIS Veteran
Hello. Its been awhile since I have asked for advice. We usually go to DW in the late fall so I wear go walks. We are going next month and so I am going to wear some sundresses. What do you wear with your sundresses? I would love to find comfy sandals that won't hurt my feet.

I have 2 pairs of Teva Tirra hiking sandals (they're not as cute as the Kayenta's mentioned above, but I have very wide forefeet and need to be able to adjust the sizing at that spot), a pair of Vionic Farra strappy slingback sandals in faux suede/snakeskin, a pair of slip-on Crocs sandals (style no longer made, but similar to Kaydee or Swiftwater -- they have a Crocs foot bed, but with slim straps instead of a clunky clog), and some Clarks Breeze flip-flops, all of which have proven themselves worthy for walking miles at WDW, without aggravating my tendinitis.

I have 2 pairs of Teva Tirra hiking sandals (they're not as cute as the Kayenta's mentioned above, but I have very wide forefeet and need to be able to adjust the sizing at that spot), a pair of Vionic Farra strappy slingback sandals in faux suede/snakeskin, a pair of slip-on Crocs sandals (style no longer made, but similar to Kaydee or Swiftwater -- they have a Crocs foot bed, but with slim straps instead of a clunky clog), and some Clarks Breeze flip-flops, all of which have proven themselves worthy for walking miles at WDW, without aggravating my tendinitis.
Crocs still make non-clog styles! I was a long time Teva diehard but I now swear by what I jokingly call my Crocs that don’t look like Crocs, ever since I bought them for last year’s trips to replace my ancient Clarks. They’re the LiteRide 360s.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0963774XB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_QUdZfOKsLwLo2

Typically what I do is swap sandals after we go back out after our long midday breaks, it does wonders for my feet.

Where do you buy yours? I have a hard time finding that specific sandal

I have to buy them online. Having a pair (or two or maybe three or more lol) makes it easy because once you find your size, they all run the same. They do run true to size - I wear a size 6, I buy a size 6 in these. Sometimes you can find them at Zappos for decent prices. I've gotten most of mine on sale for under $50. I haven't shopped for any recently so not sure if they are still a "thing" to buy or not. (I just did a quick search and actually didn't find any 😲). Good luck!

I've bought some trainers from Rocket Dog but will also bring sandals. I've been wearing them in before our trip.

I wear Teva Mush flip flops or OluKai Paniolo flip flops. Have worn them for years. My lower back is wrecked but these are super comfortable and I can walk in the parks all day.

I wear Birkenstocks with my athletic dresses in the parks - I have the white Gizeh's with Mickey and Minnie on them in black (a collab from several years ago, I believe) so they match everything and are so ridiculously comfortable. I also wear the EVA style (plastic/rubber) style along with the traditional Arizona style when I know we are in for some rain. My 83 year old mom is joining us on our upcoming trip and that's all she is bringing - she wears Birks year round here - comfortable and they do not cause any back, hip or foot pain for her.

I have Princess feet—plantar fasciitis and I get blisters.
I have at least a dozen pair of Bzees , with styles that change constantly.
I look for the cloud footbed, and fabric uppers.
https://www.bzees.com/

Jumping on the Teva train but I wear Hurricane XLT 2 sandals - they're maybe the comfiest pair of shoes I've ever owned, not just sandals!

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/t...9BwhpT9ot8xJnarpBMRoCfSoQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Whatever brand you opt for don't skimp on the thicker/padded sole. You can find Teva's for half the cost but they're thin and offer no sole support.
These are my go-to for WDW - wear them every day with my sundresses. They may not be the cutest, but when you’re walking 35k steps, cute isn’t as much of a priority 🤣

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Birkenstocks yet. I have Mayaris and I love them. The only problem is that they aren’t great when wet, but otherwise they make my (bad) feet feel so good.
OMG THESE!! I wear these nearly everyday and where all the time with my sundress, both at home in Hawaii and at the parks! I have very high arches and neuropathy and my feet love these! I also have a pair of Merrell Terran post sandals I love (have a one of every version). They’re great for if they get wet since they have neoprene.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter