Best DTD Resort

jenrose66

DIS Veteran
I am taking a last second December trip to Disney. I am not finding availability onsite but there are plenty options for the 7 DTD resorts.

My biggest concern is being able to walk to DTD. I enjoy walking but my travel partner (mom) doesn't...

For example, she thinks the walk to the food court from the 90's section at Pop is too far.

About how far is the walk in minutes and distance from the closest DTD resorts. Also I see a good rate for the Best Western. How is that walk?

Thanks!!

For example, she thinks the walk to the food court from the 90's section at Pop is too far.

I mapped the distance from the edge of Disney Springs to the DoubleTree Suites in a previous thread. The distance is roughly 3,600 feet. (That's 0.69 miles.) As sbd78 notes, the DoubleTree Suites and Best Western Lake Buena Vista are the furthest from Disney Springs. They are across the street from each other, with the Best Western being slightly closer by a couple hundred feet.

ds-dt-walking.jpg

A quick look at Google Maps shows the distance from the 90s section of Disney's Pop Century resort to the bus stop is roughly 1,000 to 1,250 feet based on the building. As such, I'm guessing the Best Western would be unacceptable to your mom.

The closest of the hotels would be the Hilton Lake Buena Vista. It's probably 750 feet in distance. The B Resort and Spa that 100AcreWood mentions is going to be about 2,500 feet or so from Disney Springs.

disneysprings-hotels-labels.jpg

These hotels do operate a bus to Disney Springs between 6pm and 3am. It leaves every 30 minutes. Unless something changed since I last used it, the Disney Springs stop is located at the far end of the West Side, past the Cirque du Soleil theatre. Here's the transportation flyers you get at check-in:

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-front-600x900-small.jpg

dspringshotels-shuttles-may2016-back-600x900-small.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter