Best Disney Springs Area Hotel With No Noise at Night?

osully

DIS Veteran
Hi all - while the room appearance, cleanliness, proximity to Disney Springs, etc are all important to me and my husband for our next trip I have to say that a quiet nights sleep is probably #1.

We recently had the WORST sleep experience at Pop Century in February. Paper thin walls. Heard people sneezing at night for example. Seemed like the window and door blocked out 0% of the outdoor corridor noise. Just so bad.

Anyways we are considering between the following as we will be booking with AirMiles from Canada :)

- Doubletree Disney Springs - makes me think, because every room is a suite, there will be more distance between us and everyone else in the other rooms and therefore quieter. This is the most expensive one I am looking at in terms of points, and no fee.

- Best Western Lake Buena Vista - room with balcony - 2nd most expensive based on points - doesn’t show fees on the booking portal.

- Delta Lake Buena Vista - not a large # of rooms so again my theory is less people = less noise - I know this one is not an official Disney Springs hotel but they do offer a bus. 3rd most expensive based on points.

I’m also considering the Springhill Suites at Flamingo Crossing - honestly blown away by how new those suites look at this would be our cheapest option in terms of points. However no bus transport is included. Free breakfast though.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

PS
Unfortunately the Wyndham, Holiday Inn, or B Resort aren’t available on my points booking portal so those aren’t an option. The Hilton and Hilton Palace are too expensive and have $35 USD fee per night so are not appealing!

I have stayed at the Doubletree and never remember have any issues with the noise. My only problem with the Doubletree is the sofa bed which we need. It was horrible. Otherwise, we really like it there.

I have stayed at the Doubletree and never remember have any issues with the noise. My only problem with the Doubletree is the sofa bed which we need. It was horrible. Otherwise, we really like it there.
Thank you! It will just be 2 of us so hopefully nobody needs to even try the sofa bed :)

Of the hotels mentioned, the DoubleTree Suites is the only one in which I've stayed. It is my favorite in the Disney area and I've stayed there 60+ nights in the past several years. I've never had a bad stay. Any problems are small (dead TV remote, safe that won't open) and fixed with one simple phone call.

I work nights and sleep during the day. When I travel to Disney World, I try to modify my sleeping schedule a little. By that I mean I usually sleep from 4am to noon. A quiet hotel room is essential.

One of the things I like about the DoubleTree Suites is that the beds are further from the door than most hotel rooms. Additionally, the bathroom serves as a buffer between the bed and the hallway. This is a typical suite:

doubletreesuiteslbv-floorplan.jpg

Source: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...HDT/accommodations/3d-floor-plans-suites.html

I usually beg for a room without a connecting door, as I've had noise issues in some situations. At the DoubleTree Suites, I've gotten rooms with connecting doors and not had any problems because the door is in the living area (behind the table in the image). I still always request no connecting doors, but I don't panic if I get one there.

I've stayed in suites facing each of the different views/orientations. The only time I ever had a noise issue was in a suite directly over the bus stop. I always request a suite away from that now and never have a problem getting one. Hands down the quietest hotel room I've ever had was at the DoubleTree Suites. It was on the ground floor facing the parking lot on the wings closest to the Front Desk. In the image below, it's the wing closest to the bottom of the picture. There's not a lot of traffic in the parking lot and the foliage dampens sound.

doubletreesuitesbirdseye.jpg

Source: https://binged.it/2KVCq49

Now, just a quick note about the hotels at Flamingo Crossings. The SpringHill Suites and adjacent TownePlace Suites were specifically designed to attract sports teams. They included batting cages, a basketball court, and a multipurpose field. Due to those facilities, I'd guess you have a higher than average chance of sharing the hotel with sports teams.

Sun-Sentinel article about the hotels: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-flamingo-crossings-20141002-story.html

For the record, I'm not saying that all sports teams are noisy.

I have stayed at BW LBV on 2 trips and never had a problem with nighttime noise. It is a decent hotel, we enjoyed the walking distance to Disney Springs.

We have only stayed at the Doubletree. We have stayed there about 3 different times. We were never bothered by any noise.

Of the hotels mentioned, the DoubleTree Suites is the only one in which I've stayed. It is my favorite in the Disney area and I've stayed there 60+ nights in the past several years. I've never had a bad stay. Any problems are small (dead TV remote, safe that won't open) and fixed with one simple phone call.

I work nights and sleep during the day. When I travel to Disney World, I try to modify my sleeping schedule a little. By that I mean I usually sleep from 4am to noon. A quiet hotel room is essential.

One of the things I like about the DoubleTree Suites is that the beds are further from the door than most hotel rooms. Additionally, the bathroom serves as a buffer between the bed and the hallway. This is a typical suite:

doubletreesuiteslbv-floorplan.jpg

Source: http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/ho...HDT/accommodations/3d-floor-plans-suites.html

I usually beg for a room without a connecting door, as I've had noise issues in some situations. At the DoubleTree Suites, I've gotten rooms with connecting doors and not had any problems because the door is in the living area (behind the table in the image). I still always request no connecting doors, but I don't panic if I get one there.

I've stayed in suites facing each of the different views/orientations. The only time I ever had a noise issue was in a suite directly over the bus stop. I always request a suite away from that now and never have a problem getting one. Hands down the quietest hotel room I've ever had was at the DoubleTree Suites. It was on the ground floor facing the parking lot on the wings closest to the Front Desk. In the image below, it's the wing closest to the bottom of the picture. There's not a lot of traffic in the parking lot and the foliage dampens sound.

doubletreesuitesbirdseye.jpg

Source: https://binged.it/2KVCq49

Now, just a quick note about the hotels at Flamingo Crossings. The SpringHill Suites and adjacent TownePlace Suites were specifically designed to attract sports teams. They included batting cages, a basketball court, and a multipurpose field. Due to those facilities, I'd guess you have a higher than average chance of sharing the hotel with sports teams.

Sun-Sentinel article about the hotels: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-disney-flamingo-crossings-20141002-story.html

For the record, I'm not saying that all sports teams are noisy.

LOL I would say all sports teams are noisy!

Thank you for this greatly detailed review!!

Stayed at Best Western, very quiet.
The B, 15th floor - pretty quiet, fan ran all night, could hear highway traffic in the morning (we faced the highway)
The Double Tree Suites, very quiet.
Hilton Palace, noisy guests next door, we had a connecting door, could hear them clearly. Next time will request no connecting door to see if any better.

I am a very light sleeper and I've had trouble at the values at Disney. Did much better at the Mods.

Let us know how it goes for you at your resort.

That's some great information about the Doubletree. We will probably be staying there on Hilton Honors points next year. Have you stayed in any of the ground floor rooms with a patio? It's a separate booking category that costs more points, but I like having an outdoor space. I've seen reviews mentioning problems with those rooms such as mildew smell and bugs though.

That's some great information about the Doubletree. We will probably be staying there on Hilton Honors points next year. Have you stayed in any of the ground floor rooms with a patio? It's a separate booking category that costs more points, but I like having an outdoor space. I've seen reviews mentioning problems with those rooms such as mildew smell and bugs though.

No, I've never had a patio room. My Hilton profile is set to "high floor" and last time I was there one of the Front Desk representatives told me they always try to accommodate those types of requests for repeat guests (of that hotel). The only reason I ended up on the ground floor that one stay was because I arrived in the morning and it was all they had ready. I was reluctant to take it, but ended up loving how quiet it was.

I've always found the rooms at the DoubleTree Suites to be very clean. I used to live in Orlando and now I'm in Fort Lauderdale. This is a pretty swampy state. Any time you mix humidity with air conditioning, it's easy to get mildew. I get it in my place if I leave a window open and I'm pretty much a neat freak. Bugs are part of living here, too. They're more annoying than anything.

I don't own a car, which means I walk to get food and groceries. There's only a few months where being outside is pleasant. During the rest of the time, you'll probably will feel like you need to take a shower after sitting outside on a patio. Check out the average temperature and relative humidity for your stay. If you're going in the summer, you're probably not going to use a patio as much as you think.

That's my two cents.

No, I've never had a patio room. My Hilton profile is set to "high floor" and last time I was there one of the Front Desk representatives told me they always try to accommodate those types of requests for repeat guests (of that hotel). The only reason I ended up on the ground floor that one stay was because I arrived in the morning and it was all they had ready. I was reluctant to take it, but ended up loving how quiet it was.

I've always found the rooms at the DoubleTree Suites to be very clean. I used to live in Orlando and now I'm in Fort Lauderdale. This is a pretty swampy state. Any time you mix humidity with air conditioning, it's easy to get mildew. I get it in my place if I leave a window open and I'm pretty much a neat freak. Bugs are part of living here, too. They're more annoying than anything.

I don't own a car, which means I walk to get food and groceries. There's only a few months where being outside is pleasant. During the rest of the time, you'll probably will feel like you need to take a shower after sitting outside on a patio. Check out the average temperature and relative humidity for your stay. If you're going in the summer, you're probably not going to use a patio as much as you think.

That's my two cents.

Thanks for the reply! We used to live in Orlando too and we've always "enjoyed" the heat and humidity to a point, we use the balcony in our DVC rooms quite a bit regardless of the heat. I will admit that as we get older, it gets less tolerable and in the future we may stick to spring trips whenever we can. I also usually request a high floor for the quiet. The patio rooms probably have more problems with mildew and bugs due to guests leaving the patio door open. I'll probably just book the lower points category and see what we get, it's significantly more points to get a guaranteed patio room, probably not worth it.

I'll probably just book the lower points category and see what we get, it's significantly more points to get a guaranteed patio room, probably not worth it.

I just remembered that this hotel is part of Hilton's e-Standby program. After booking, you can sign up to pay for an upgrade. If the upgraded room is available at check-in, you get it and pay the upcharge. If the upgrade isn't available, you get whatever you booked and don't get changed anything.

I've never done it at the DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista, so I can't provide actual rates. I want to say it was between $10-20/night, depending on the room. Whatever price it is would be significantly less than the cost in points to book that room type.

Anyway, it's something to consider. There should be a link in the confirmation email as well as the reservations detail page when looked into the Hilton website.

I just remembered that this hotel is part of Hilton's e-Standby program. After booking, you can sign up to pay for an upgrade. If the upgraded room is available at check-in, you get it and pay the upcharge. If the upgrade isn't available, you get whatever you booked and don't get changed anything.

I've never done it at the DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista, so I can't provide actual rates. I want to say it was between $10-20/night, depending on the room. Whatever price it is would be significantly less than the cost in points to book that room type.

Anyway, it's something to consider. There should be a link in the confirmation email as well as the reservations detail page when looked into the Hilton website.

Oh, thanks!!! That's great info. I will definitely go that route rather than use so many points.

Just keep your expectations realistic wherever you stay, because the noise factor is directly related to the people in the rooms around you. I have had very quiet stays at Pop, because of considerate neighbors. But I have had very noisy stays at other hotels that cost much more (people talking loudly in the hall at 3am, kids playing ball in the hall and using my door to "score", crying babies that couldn't sleep so I couldn't either, etc.). I usually request top floor at most hotels to try to minimize overhead noise, and toward the end of the hall to reduce foot traffic by my door. I also look online to see if I can find a layout of the hotel to see where housekeeping closets and stairways are, as there tends to be a lot of door slamming in those two areas, especially in the morning when I want to sleep in a bit.

Of the hotels you mentioned, I would agree that the layout of the Doubletree would be the best for minimizing noise. I would still go for a top floor room though, as added protection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!