Best Disney Magic Moment Ever!!

donnahead

Earning My Ears
We have been coming to WDW every year since my 28 yr old DS was 2. We became BW DvC owners when nmy 17 yr old DD was born. Today my DD17 and I had our most magical moment.

Had $135 left on Disney Visa Rewards card and today is our last day. We spent am in Epcot and headed to EPCOT resort stores to finish spending it. Stopped at Beaches and Cream for fries and ice cream and decided to leave our waitress the $116 balance on the rewards card as a tip on a $19 bill.

Her reaction was priceless and worth every penny. She was working so hard and we knew she would put better use to the $$ than the souvenirs we were going to buy.

Really glad my DD who will be off on her own at college in a year was with me to see the how happy we made this women -- $116 worth of souvenirs would not have made us that happy.

Now I know most people are not in a position to do this. But we were, and I wanted my daughter to appreciate that. And she did.

There are of course a myriad of free things you can do to pay the magic forward. Open a door for someone. Take a family's picture. Pick up that garbage you were going to step around. Time is more valuable than $$. Spending your time for someone else is a gift. Pay it forward.

What a great way to make someone's day! We are going in October and plan to do something similar with a GC for a family. :)

That was very nice of you, it isn't too often that the cast members get sprinkled with pixie dust...........you made that happen :thumbsup2

I will be on the cruise in November where I know the crew do their best to make the guests happy. I will be paying it forward.....thank you for the inspiration. :grouphug:

That was super nice!!!!!! We were just there at Yacht Club in July and I tipped our maid everyday $5 one day 10$ the next and so on. My brother, nephew, girlfriend and their two kids stayed at Beach Club and he handed their maid a $50 bill at the end of their stay and he said she was so taken back!!!! its a good feeling to make someones day like that :thumbsup2

I love spreading the MAGIC at WDW, too.

In the past, I've always given away Fast Passes. With all the new changes, I think I need a new idea.

Thanks for sharing yours. It's something I could do too.
:grouphug:

Oh my gosh that's wonderful!! So glad to hear that you were able to do something amazing and magical like that! I'm sure that she won't forget it!

That's really wonderful. What a great way to bless someone! I love hearing stories like that. :)

About 10 years ago, a large group of people I know went to IHOP for breakfast after the Christmas morning church service. There were probably 14 people in that group. One of the guys had to leave early, and he went to the front and paid the entire bill as a surprise to his friends. When the rest of the group asked the waitress for the bill, she told them that their friend had already paid.

The rest of the group decided to leave on the table the amount each of their breakfast meals cost, all as a tip for the waitress. On a day when the waitress had to spend part of her day away from family, can you imagine what a wonderful gift that was to her?

Me and DBF had our first opportunity to spread some magic last week at AK. There were 8 in our group so we got 8 dinosaur FP but only 6 of us decided to ride. Rather than arguing over who got to ride again, we decided to hang out near the entrance and look for a party of 2.

Just as we got there a man and his son walked up looked at the stand by time and started to walk away, the son looked so disappointed so we hurried over and offered them the fast passes. Their reaction was priceless!

This is fantastic! So often it seems we get caught up in making sure we, the guest, get pixie dusted on our trip that we don't think about spreading pixie dust to someone else; especially the cast members who make the magic happen!

This is so wonderful.

The (real) World would be a much better place if each of us shares things with one another EVERYDAY.

That was so nice of you! As a former waitress, I can imagine her excitement and how thankful she was! And it also leads to a question you may be able to help me with. If we use the dining plan, can you use the Visa rewards card for a tip only?

That's fantastic! 99.9% percent of the people at Disney World work very hard to make sure that guests have a wonderful trip. It would be great if those of us who can followed your example and did something to give them a share of the pixie dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter