Best Disney food Gift

BraveLittleToaster2

DIS Veteran
We need to bring home a thank you to a friend who is house sitting for us while we are away. What is the best edible option to gift them?

As an example when we travel to cape cod we bring them salt water Taffy...Maine we bring Lobster candies...

Last time we went to WDW we brought back a souvenir bag of Disney flavored popcorn. Any other ideas?

It's not specifically "Disney," but just about anything out of the Werther's store over in Germany would be so yummy!

OOOHHH...what about getting something small from EVERY country in World Showcase. That would be fun.

Walkers shortbread tin (Im Scottish so slightly bias though lol!). Also seen YouTube vids with speciality tea or coffee packs and honey spoons and could add a mug which would be something they could keep..

The mix of treats from around World Showcase is a cool idea, but not iconically "Disney." And you can get some of those food items in the grocery store anyway. I second the Mickey Head Rice Krispy treats. They're yummy, and at some locations you can get multipacks of them. They'll be individually sealed within the box and will last longer (if your person doesn't want to eat them all at once) and travel well without getting crushed/squished/melted/etc. I just tried to find a picture of the gift boxes and now I can't find one. Augh. I'm sure they'll still sell them though. They should have them at just about any of the places that sell the Krispy Treats. Definitely at World of Disney in Disney Springs.

Edited to add, these!:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/516mBOTamrL.jpg

Mickey Pretzels (the small snack bags), Mickey shaped pasta, Mickey coffee or Tea (Mad Tea Party blend is my favorite) with a WDW cup, for smaller items - I like the tins of Mickey Mints, and of course as recommended by others - Mickey rice crispie heads (I prefer the ones with out chocolate for travel)

A tin of fudge ( can be found in every park - I think ) or Minnie's Chocolate Chunk Cookies. HMMM - love those!

It's not specifically "Disney," but just about anything out of the Werther's store over in Germany would be so yummy!

OOOHHH...what about getting something small from EVERY country in World Showcase. That would be fun.
I like this idea!!

We bring back towels (our friends love Splash Mtn's)
Cost a bit more - but travels well in the suitcase or ship home with little cost

Candy/caramel apple
This is one of those things you would probably have to get at the end of your trip and pack carefully in your suitcase.
Candy/caramel apple sitting in a suitcase on a hot tarmac before being put on a plane is a bad idea. Not to mention the cargo hold is not air conditioned.

Candy/caramel apple sitting in a suitcase on a hot tarmac before being put on a plane is a bad idea. Not to mention the cargo hold is not air conditioned.

We haven't had any problems with melting so far. Perhaps all the other stuff in the suitcase is enough to insulate it.
The cargo hold on the plane is usually very cold for most of the flight.

We need to bring home a thank you to a friend who is house sitting for us while we are away. What is the best edible option to gift them?

As an example when we travel to cape cod we bring them salt water Taffy...Maine we bring Lobster candies...

Last time we went to WDW we brought back a souvenir bag of Disney flavored popcorn. Any other ideas?

Lobster candies? Do tell!

You could get a couple of those giant Mickey head rice krispie treats. :)
My son's first grade teacher (he's in 5th now) always asks us to bring her one from our trips. And, of course, we have. Especially since she now has our daughter in kindergarten.

I've never tried taking them on a plane, but I like the idea of treats from a WDW bakery. I usually bring home a Carmel an chocolate apple coated in M&Ms with Mickey ears from Goofy's Candy Co. They also have Mickey head cookies with ears dipped in chocolate, assorted varieties of fudge, etc.

Anything Mickey shaped! My favorite is the little rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate. Or for younger kids I brought back Mickey shaped lollipops

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter