BEST Detroit Park n Fly hotel deal

Topher99

Earning My Ears
We are flying out of Detroit in late August and will require a hotel the night before we leave along with 9 days parking. Looking for recommendations for a nice hotel (with pool for the kids) and safe parking. Not picky.....but don't want to repeat the horrible experience at the Howard Johnston from our last trip :sad2:
Any suggestions would be great.....and prices along with websites would be appreciated too!!

We did the HoJo once. My skin still crawls at the thought of that dive.

There are some really good options elsewhere along Merriman. If you Google "dtw hotel qwik park" you'll find a link to a couple of the partner hotels that have an arrangement with the Qwik Park lot. Stay at the hotel, get a voucher, and leave your car in the lot the next morning. They follow you in the bus to a parking location and within minutes you're on your way to the terminal.

The Airlines Parking website offers a Park/Stay/Fly link that points to their partner hotels. I can guarantee that pretty much any hotel listed there will be a massive improvement to the HoJo.

We stay at the Marriott right beside the Qwik Park lot. They have park and fly packages which give you about a week of parking at Qwik Park. There is free breakfast. In the morning, drive next door to the Qwik Park. They will then shuttle you to the airport and pick you up at the end of your trip. If you have CAA, I think it is $9 or $10/day for the extra 2 days of parking you will need. The lot will be about as secure as you will find as you can't go in or out without seeing an attendant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter