BEST. DAY. EVER. May '17 w/Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby NEW 8/28 x2 THE END!!

We would probably never have been able to see it from as good a spot anyways if we went that night, so farewell forever Wishes!

My thoughts exactly :rotfl:

Still so surprised there was no line but I guess people didn't really know about it! After we did our shots though we saw other people interested and a line was beginning to form. Maybe we were just early enough to catch him before the line!

We forgot to get one of those! Well I don't think we went to Epcot at night any of our days anyway. I don't think many people do know about it. I'll have to get one this trip when we'll be in Epcot a night more.

Finally we settled near Germany because we got a seat at a picnic bench which some others had kindly shared with us, and the view from here looked like it would be pretty great.

That looks like a good seat! I'm contemplating not doing the dessert party we booked. Josh keeps saying we could eat a nice dinner for that price and he'd rather do that:rotfl: But I wasn't sure where to sit for a good seat. The first time we watched was on our first trip and I think we were nearish Canada. It wasn't a bad spot but there was a little bit of tree in the way.

I'm with you on the love for Illuminations. I love everything about it. The music (including the music they play prior to Illumination), feeling the heat from the fire - everything! Looks like you had an awesome viewing spot, too!

The first thing I thought when I saw the pic of that shrimp was "holy crap, that looks delicious!" I'm glad it was! I wrote it down so I can see if it's out somewhere during F & W. It's so funny that you called it crack sauce though because I say the same thing about stuff that's amazingly delicious... Oreos, that Alaskan Halibut from Le Cellier, the Honey BBQ Supermelt from Friendly's.... all loaded with crack! :rotfl2:

And I, too, thought that the Lotus Magic Shots were alcohol shots :drinking1 :laughing: Cute pics, though!

I wasn't THAT big of a BW fan at first (just because we had stayed at AKL first for a few days and I missed my savanna friends lol) but seriously, you just can not beat that walk to/from Epcot. And IllumiNations is my favorite too! I never had any attachment to Wishes at all...I think that I maybe actually watched it once?? But IllumiNations and Fantasmic I will watch as often as possible. I'll definitely riot with you if they take them away (which, sadly, I have a feeling is coming in the near future :sad: )

After my Best Day Ever revelation I met up with DH over at The Land. I told him how I was having the Best Day Ever!!
He's like, "But you say that every day when you're at Disney". :rotfl:
I mean, that's true, but today, today I really meant it! :thumbsup2

This is so true!! I guess Disney knew what they were doing when they started the whole "Best Day Ever" social media thing, because that's what every day should feel like at Disney!

Instead we decided to watch my personal favorite...Illuminations!

Great choice! I'm so excited to see this in a few weeks since we missed it in May. Especially now that our wedding has elements of Illuminations built right into it.

We continued walking around, it was getting darker at this point. But it was beautiful.

bCryKyScdOru9JD51pAmjJRxZ-R3SeVrKBZ-8kU925ZCjYUASTAxU3P8Ch-2Jv14QpYXZXi09duxvcahMkrjIKDaKyBBMJe27LtkcNEPqz5a0oAFQckR6XWDFR6qrYJt5KcutS7YXZExtahnurslc9RXPAANGAa9IRkm1l_jbcAmPFJiZlVd0FhB3bABFyP-Jjfm1Xe8foX5nvODtpwBW3iWpf-d5daIGhfJVs85Xwm5IvPMq4Z6VCMNFkZnLYsaHAkjfhXie8Iv8uqbG2xDsZUUd7X-TrSkgUjyboGMl_vxWnor-m1z8bTRRalvZya5kQHzwvyQjeTIlIgYgO1DEo41cxAWvw86IZocih-BKPz0hqWcg2k0yYMIhQJEkvgXHUPdRRO9PITxj_GZME6N70vrDdJJPcAtA1mI4v22YwnkEv1qAEEWJJ9Luo1ZmnFwBX8gDxx6IrCeBHb_vFCiTLdwefaZ_rufTedup2dozvhHZkcA3AmrTkiA291ondigDdY-GDhoXeWzWMhuD5vsogld0F4NzR4sY4RCmT5y9iDSqwSNBR-9bBY9nixwEP3pC_EDUS5B7l49mSVdpCT7Zu5Kyr5Kr9n78Ta9RktXeLnyYRiNX844a3gRZg=w800-h533-no

What a gorgeous picture! Disney after the sun sets is just as exciting and beautiful in a lot of ways.

Here are our Lotus Magic Shots:

1loZB_DZ9pvSp9pgUZ6PzMQY2Izi4kfwfVdfy9BHuwYN80-Ft5IYKcS6gwysP3DMnmiO9AKOhorDmUC8CgGSulHK6hIscHpxmmu4TRuS0ORELXiTD7r4Pm9Mia1UBA7soVaAL5hrmSfIZjO6kbTBfP6XE16iENWXLYPTpXrWQjM_T4iLrzwoxEiygy8czRjNWAoZuAkQgTkVCflA3OylK76EkeGZRIWxt03zUstrVIzFygS_hxsODy_p4_8UOMifvJVyFWHMUIgNsOR1V2zgq1uFlJuY3RpjnsXZIrUFCA6tsXKo4oFovKuzbaHAFJZDn928jdRFdpWsyj0l10q0s7dN6ImQ1n-AIkLfgLYi1uX_QQN3H18szbMkUG6Xbt5gecqiJ1pHyQrYRnTh1KutnkfvArzNLlkeucad6kzaPYVCRh7FUQWyftRjH1741ilsF6YGQCkuT9NaBG8hXjUQTJtqiGwFKq-ffSUbrxgsYGh0W21s5MrWuRf6SsnS2RY41qsrSq7-CteuaqdQXoKLKFoxlKkkXY2V9OAQhi3Lsw9P_gMILfcq5R6gXnwJazEaquG7H64OxgpUzX-Yg6l0zVUDuMgwHjB6Qa9WSxAkdYT1HraiE2nhIFyzyw=w426-h638-no
xJQePO1wc1Tydb7DTBoA5UGXBDkB6iJhr8ju2IAM8APgG9QbvHsLxD0_zLI2pDfafT4T-PxANaLh8XkyLCDAvYFKtuNkkZBL6fwUeaoSuyIX0m1F68KNkKZVJxs8Obip_820lN8xn00Rn7SecJr3LmFeMvoOizCZ6sw2Tus8XIneKyDYJSKTVxMq8m1cOfCFmDJog87JcBxvnTeHjK2kNhUfrnQdQSCjbpuRSscTML4IFlcdS4329LN8Q4022QMTaYnDvzOMefHzmaHBQFcbQ5U8H6etekbLY0hamq0fzn0Yghrjm7-t6UMBrYNp9OUFKQyadOytLGOkwpZm_gH_fJN07_zSbkp_HYVBTQOaPCPFfL_bp3hptOkYHM0CAWEvsevXEt4OHXs3v67o59Y4LpNMDRg0uyMN4f5tnOKBoobd4keSLFw3UsAU0-vbDNPSyt889_Sa5i1HD9AeavC8UQvRGNixTniC4uY2THSpUVnBVLOZwi0Vq6T8ChXU1ZrGujOoqFDk8pvyc8PbOdC4qZOemNJgSA2lk8vgcDCxrmq3KWeLyRu8edP_a4wIHoTjYEQIm-YeTm4bMgJ53XD-TgDvNoxVcGiq8Ubny3Az_4EAGKoFI4RKdetxJg=w426-h638-no

Mc9JmBZ8ka3Ehl6RzFzw3q_nmJW635YkGFMr62PvFcu_SKe-b-xep4h7Lqm0jya4KBmJ7g_vWbBlWdaFrt9amxH5nSDt2kQ0M3LG6DnKyfT1Ydfd_4iyg5MDc37JNbGaH4pk5c5aSeVdM-kE6qlOlE12QVjj2MmMvjW7wh3LZH4f-7Nseyd9oLYxzTEE3kXqTInWAZQqD7sGnnh4j-gsjhVtPcefjVfGianXcAHEAkEZI8irrsz4MGWVYOddaXe5QvpVJMdJfak8Ne7TR2KfW4zErgZl1mbBXR2bPxFvZr60F4f1HW4i_ZBLpXeGhUrR7bAVgqDRlqFNN0zTjdo2ivKncfXAM-DS1LSIPqFC_84clzT8BQDEjnJu7lCTCiE3WntTElaL0qC9iFKyiIQzBSeWtVYLq7cExVYPpnYJMClXO3paQNJBTaaQQ2ahOECkMX6ZwKWRKx2R_1gaI4PDr0c5bXhYmLd_gFcphfR-Uivc-LQrHOwRg4yATwQRBJPEN0myTkFZqMcywzF5Frg8JSK1HSmAZDoCQmKmDHMhjhCgbmxK6glbZmQQ4VuiuX53q4XR5cyAd3VEpjHGMSw7YAK5vuL0KqnWntlLGupOkzcEqmElcUbGpcy5bQ=w426-h638-no
xgn8AcGinxyVrVP_eWVgcMbRYAZ2B410mFzry9zs3GrpamlVEl3_rF3Prx_ow9SR6zLn5YqzUL-QcwfEWyrS-PUSVYWYWKLKkT-O9oJTYigNQz_r7aiNnkaQlwrjCHMXZgyMnfoQajeB0Rd9PFM_4mWE1xBPttQAp-VYwJlAdhVv-SI2_Vssk_7LuvMQV2u6_slEgh5WgYp9M8ysACWLJstsCD-5bnyGgIPx_3J9wnUcr3gvxkOmOO1BsS1hOH-fqn1BTQbWzyBeTEJIHOrdgn16zflJOCdKj-2QsP0rwkquMb7Z9thHgzZKqJqSnKgTH4awGrAGmVI7mECBiq0G8JkLMzVmX3tgSZnDunCq3cJ0bEN2z1wYRTjJFpAQeOSlxnH1gQ5OwZLb5fS61ayH5gFSMYcow-X16rr3CImMasonCEfDmm2zcK_wauN_wjtx4tDb93JdIr-CSAyTC-HfxrjYjfOcO1jq1EHnwFdwSSbw2tsSa97tbAqIBhNgTAryQryLNNPSXmmcxtyU_DXzEg1LRcoOp34Yj_F6sqFc85m1k4W_uEm9jIwJsc8EBbQhL0FTfKsVEEzb3s0GFe_Rp9HDvSnSyMPHW1F3knzNg0SXNQbYvxzu6GSHfw=w426-h638-no

My "resting lotus face" seems to be better than my "resting lantern face" :littleangel:

These are fabulous!! Thanks for reminding me about this - I should add it to our to do list so I don't forget!

or won the lottery (but if I did you'd know because I'd be moving into Golden Oaks and throwing the biggest party at WDW and you're all invited. HAHAHAHA.)

YES! DIS Party!!

Looks good go Steve.

Sometimes it's just the simple things isn't it?

Thank you! It was pretty neat to see it grow. coming from someone who has never kept a plant alive, I'm surprised anything would grow in our house.

It's definitely all about the simple things!

So #farmersteve is my hero. Jealous of that garden!

LOL I'll let him know. He's probably going to make some sort of Gaston-esque comment :)

What a great update! I love that your best day ever wasn't some huge event, but rather taking a moment to just enjoy yourself! I think although all of the Disney planning is fun and necessary, sometimes we can get focused too much on what's coming next. What a great reminder to take a step back and just enjoy it!

Also, your pictures with Minnie and Pluto are adorable.

Thank you! It was just one of those rare moments at WDW where you are not running all over the place and battling crowds, so that was really nice. We can definitely be bogged down in all the planning and the preciseness of the day, don't get me wrong, I like doing that too but once in a while it's nice to remember why we go there in the first place...it's supposed to be a vacation after all!

Aah, so this is the best day ever! It sounds heavenly. :cloud9:

Go Steve! What a great hobby

Thank you! It was an amazing day.

Steve thanks you! He's put a lot of work into refining his little garden. But it took a while to get there!

Great job Steve on the gardening very impressive.
I love your picture holding hands with Minnie and Pluto so cute.
Glad you were able to spend time just enjoying the beauty of Disney.

Thank you!
It was a fantastic day and I was really happy to have just a moment to reflect why I am there in the first place.

Your husband's hydroponic garden is awesome. Love it! Your best day ever sounds perfect and memorable. Very cute pictures with your best buds.

Thank you!! He had to build the garden tin the basement because our backyard garden kept being eaten by groundhogs and other critters. We tried to fence it but those crittters would just jump over the fence or dig underground. They were very serious about getting to those vegetables!
Thank you! It was a wonderful and very memorable day!

That is seriously cool!!! Who knew you could grow lettuce in your basement!! I no longer have a basement lol but I do have a patio...perhaps some herbs are in order lol.

LOL Yes you can have a patio herb planter! We had to do stuff in our basement beause groundhogs kept eating our garden vegetables so Steve built this so that no one can get to it, hahaha.

I don't know why but this made me laugh. The fact that there is something at Disney that wasn't decided some months in advance and you are picking up some material to see what is happening THE VERY NEXT DAY lol. That's almost like...spontaneous lol

Isn't it? LOL. Most of these things are just first-come first serve I think. Unlike Food and Wine where you can book in advance I think all the flower and garden stuff are just seminars. You do have to show up a little earlier to be guaranteed as eat though.

Your husband's plants are awesome! My husband talked about doing that as well after our trip but with our apartment there isn't much room. I showed him your husband's though so maybe he will get the bug! Love, love that your best day ever involved some time by yourself to soak it all in. Those are always some of my favorite moments too!

Thank you! Yeah having a basement to do it is helpful. I dont' think we could do it if we were still staying in our apt in NYC. Although you can just have planter boxes or something. That would be nice!
Thanks! It was really nice to have some solo time and soak everything in! Just goes to show you can plan and plan for Disney (which I enjoy doing) but sometimes the best things cannot be planned in advance. :)

Can't wait to try the shrimp in March. I love your Lotus flower pics no resting face :goodvibes
How great to enjoy Illuminations and have an easy walk back to the BW.
The line for Ample Hills reminds me of the line for slushies in France.
Your night time shots are so pretty.

Hi Su-Lynn, I haven't been able to post much lately, but so enjoyed your Best Day Ever post. Your happiness of the day totally comes through in your M&G picture with Minnie and Pluto - sooo cute!!

If they ever get rid of Illuminations I'm going to riot. Who's with me? #solidarity :rainbow:

I'll stand with you in solidarity on this. Illuminations is my favorite nighttime show as well. The music, the feels, everything... :cloud9:

BTW - Steve's garden is impressive!

The Boardwalk rocks, as we were back in our room barely 20 minutes after Illuminations ended.
It really is the best! I love not having to wait for transportation home- and it's such a lovely walk!

I've had many trips filled with many good things at Disney but this day was just super special.
Love this :) Sometimes the simplest times are the best times- and one of the reasons it's so easy to keep returning to your "happy place!"

That shrimp looked just divine. Also I just love the little portions of everything. I really would love to stay at the BW one day. I can't complain with being at the CR on our next trip - that was really for DD since MK is her fave park so that's the most important to walk to...but for me...Epcot would be awesome...to be able to stay late in WS and still get to your room before too long would be just magical. Your day really was awesome!!

OMG I totally feel you on that "Best Day Ever" feeling! The last time we were in Disney, there were several times when Lumar and I just literally wandered around with no where to be, or just found a spot to sit down and literally JUST SIT. We get so caught up in the ADRs and the FPs, the fireworks and the park hopping...Before you know it, you're going back home and wondering where your vacation went. I'm telling you, one of my favorite things about our last trip was going back to AKL in the middle of the day, sitting on the balcony, and just watching over the savanna. My heart just felt so happy in those moments. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Thank you! It is definitely one of those moments where you kinda sit back and say wow, I'm really here in Disney (again) and I'm so happy! I'm glad you have those moments too. We can get lost on all the planning and stuff, which is fun, but can kinda take over your life! #overplanner

Super adorable pics with Pluto & Minnie! :cutie:

Thank you!

Is the Festival Center inside the Odyssey building?? I've never actually been in there except for one time to use the bathroom. Is that where it is for F & W too?? I usually just buy everything I want from the little kiosk right at the bridge where WS and FW meet, or at MouseGear :confused3

It's that building in between Universe of Energy and Mission Space, yes that's where the F and W seminars are held (I'm pretty sure, although I've never done one before). I too buy stuff from the kiosk on the bridge or just around WS, but this one probably has the most festival merchandise in one location.

Awww, Su-Lynn, I had all the feels throughout this update. :cloud9: :lovestruc

I'm so happy you thought so!

This is AMAZING! Now just put in a boat ride and I'll be there with my camera in no time :laughing:

FP+ booking starts 60 days out! :laughing:

Gorgeous picture of you. It truly captures your happiness, just radiating off you! :goodvibes

Thank you! I was just all smiles and grins that day!

Isn't it great?! ;)

It is! You solo travelers have had it right all along. :thumbsup2

This is the best picture, omg.

Thank you!

Ya know, I've been anxiously awaiting what this infamous "BEST DAY EVER" could be and what all it would entail. You absolutely nailed this. This is why this place is so special to us all. And it doesn't require a restaurant, or ride, or anything other than just the feeling Disney gives us all. The exact reason we spend so much of our time on the Dis, sharing our love with other people who just get it. :grouphug:

Thanks Tracy! You pretty much summed it up perfectly! I knew you'd understand why it was the Best Day Ever without actually having anything special scheduled! I can't even explain to other people (non-DISers) why it was such a profound moment. They all say, "Well, you go to Disney all the time, you must feel like that every time you're there." :faint:
Yeah it's hard to explain to anyone who doesn't share the love for Disney like us...that's why I love you guys!!! :love: We all just "get it" :thumbsup2

Aw so cute. Maybe you need to kick Steve out of some future character pictures :rotfl:

Thank you! Yes! I plan to, LOL!

Gotta say that does sound pretty lovely! The pic of you with Goofy and Minnie is the BEST! So sweet :love:

Thank you! It was such a great day!

We're missing both of these by 2 days!! So sad!! I'm definitely more sad about GMR, but Nathan had never been on Universe of Energy, and I like Ellen, and I was looking forward to the long respite from the heat.

Ugh I know. they barely gave us any time to prep!

This is SO sweet! I love this photo, and the way they treated you like a friend!

Thank you! It was sooo cute. I was just like, awww, they like me, they REALLY like me, LOL!

How wonderful! Maybe this wasn't the most jam-packed day you had, but it looks so beautiful, and it's awesome that you could stop to let everything sink in and just enjoy it. Fabulous!

Thank you! It's just one of those rare moments at Disney when you're so happy you want to burst. Sounds so cliche but it's true!

Fantastic update! Jealous of Steve's garden!
I love your "best day ever" too. Those moments when you just breathe and BE are priceless. And Epcot is the perfect place to just take it all in...

Thank you! Steve's garden was trial and error for a while but finally it started producing plants!
Thank you so much! It was nice to have a moment to myself and to take it all in. I'm gonna see if I can do it again in August, although I'm pretty sure the heat will have me thinking "Why am I doing this?" more so than "Best Day Ever!" :laughing:

#FarmerSteve would so get along with #FarmerJason. A few years ago he did the same thing in our basement, but grew basil instead of lettuce. This year he built not 1, not 2, but 3 separate garden boxes out in the backyard and we now have enough zucchini, cucumbers and lettuce to last us a lifetime.

Impressive! #FarmerJason and #FarmerSteve would get along so well! They can have their own Flower and Garden festival! BTW, when were you heading down in November? We get there Oct 30th and staying until the 5th. Is Jason running the 10k or the half?

I was surprised by how fast they were closing the rides (and I haven't even been able to break the TGMR news to Casey), but lets me clear if you had decided to ride that day you'd still be on it playing jeopardy. #WorldsLongestRideToNoWhere

I know! If I had only known. The last time I rode TGMR was February. It just wasn't a priority. And of course who remembers the last time I was on UoE...I will make a feeble attempt to park hop and ride at least TGMR but we'll see how long the lines are.

What a great experience for you. I am infinitely jealous. As someone whose alone time generally equals the ride to and from work each day, some moments of chill to yourself and taking it all in sounds like perfection.

:) Think you need some solo time at WDW too!

Oh, you look so happy. What an awesome picture.

Thank you!

All along I've been trying to figure out the best day ever. Would you meet someone famous, get something unexpected from a cast member, win the lottery??? My mind was racing and while I'll admit to having lofty expectations somehow the subtly of the perfect weather on the perfect day in your perfect place makes it all the much better. Thank you for reminding me to savor it, take it in, and appreciate the small things that only disney can offer

You said it perfectly! I was afraid I set the bar too high but I knew you DISers would understand that moment when everything just made sense! Why we plan all these trips, and go to Disney over and over again! :thumbsup2
Having a refillable popcorn bucket doesn't suck either popcorn::

Steve's hydroponic garden looks fantastic! Really impressive. One of my favorite things about summer is home grown tomatoes.

Thank you! Yes home grown tomatoes are awesome!

That photo with Minnie and Pluto is absolutely adorable! I can see why that may be one of your favorites.

thank you! It was just so cute when we held hands!

I love spending a little solo time in Disney, even if it's just going for an early morning walk through the resort before everyone else is ready. I'm glad you were able to carve out a little time to enjoy yourself. It looks like you had one of those moments where you feel that life doesn't get much better than that.

It was definitely one of those moments. They are rare nowadays but happens more often at Disney than anywhere else :cloud9:

Loved hearing about your best day ever, I really get it that is for sure. The small things are so important at Disney, these are what make special memories. I am with you, Epcot brings much happiness to me for little things that I remember about it!

The shrimp looks so good, shrimp most any way is one of my favorites!

Thanks for the info about the Lotus flower pictures, I will look for this.

I have to laugh at first I thought you were talking about alcohol shots. LOL

HAHA, wouldnt' that be something? Disney is now promoting "magic shots!" but not the magic shots you think you know.

I love this pic of you and Steve.

Thank you!

We forgot to get one of those! Well I don't think we went to Epcot at night any of our days anyway. I don't think many people do know about it. I'll have to get one this trip when we'll be in Epcot a night more.

Yeah I totally forgot about it until we passed by China and I remember wanting to do it. So we were just lucky we got there right on time!

That looks like a good seat! I'm contemplating not doing the dessert party we booked. Josh keeps saying we could eat a nice dinner for that price and he'd rather do that:rotfl: But I wasn't sure where to sit for a good seat. The first time we watched was on our first trip and I think we were nearish Canada. It wasn't a bad spot but there was a little bit of tree in the way.

It's a great seat! No trees blocking the way. The picnic tables were always full though on previous trips. Unless you stake it out for a few hours beforehand but who wants to do that? Hope you get to watch from a nice spot!

Mmmm. German pretzel. Crack shrimp. Food, here I come!

NEED. MORE. DISNEY. FOOD. Which reminds me, I saw this tank top on Etsy that had all the Disney Snacks on it like dole whip, mickey pretzel, popcorn and mickey bars. I thought it might be a cute running tank for the 5k!

I'm with you on the love for Illuminations. I love everything about it. The music (including the music they play prior to Illumination), feeling the heat from the fire - everything! Looks like you had an awesome viewing spot, too!

It's just so good. I love Epcot music in general. Sometimes when I'm working on my computer I just have it on loop from youtube in the background. I just want to feel like I'm there all the time!

The first thing I thought when I saw the pic of that shrimp was "holy crap, that looks delicious!" I'm glad it was! I wrote it down so I can see if it's out somewhere during F & W. It's so funny that you called it crack sauce though because I say the same thing about stuff that's amazingly delicious... Oreos, that Alaskan Halibut from Le Cellier, the Honey BBQ Supermelt from Friendly's.... all loaded with crack! :rotfl2:

Haha I say crack for everything that I want to eat more of. You know Disney popcorn has crack in it too? LOL
But yes, that shrimp definitely had crack on it. And I'm sure that Halibut at Le Cellier did too. :)

And I, too, thought that the Lotus Magic Shots were alcohol shots :drinking1 :laughing: Cute pics, though!

Hahaha. Now that is something we can suggest to Disney...
Thanks!!

I wasn't THAT big of a BW fan at first (just because we had stayed at AKL first for a few days and I missed my savanna friends lol) but seriously, you just can not beat that walk to/from Epcot. And IllumiNations is my favorite too! I never had any attachment to Wishes at all...I think that I maybe actually watched it once?? But IllumiNations and Fantasmic I will watch as often as possible. I'll definitely riot with you if they take them away (which, sadly, I have a feeling is coming in the near future :sad: )

I know...so sad. I mean all the new shows are great, but they need to keep at least one classic show...maybe if they just slightly modify it, I would be ok with that, just like, update some of the visuals and stuff, but keep the music mostly the same.

This is so true!! I guess Disney knew what they were doing when they started the whole "Best Day Ever" social media thing, because that's what every day should feel like at Disney!

It sure beats at day at work, that's for sure! :thumbsup2

Great choice! I'm so excited to see this in a few weeks since we missed it in May. Especially now that our wedding has elements of Illuminations built right into it.

That is amazing you are getting married in Canada at Epcot. If I didn't have Flight of Passage FPs for that day I'd casually stalk your wedding...hahaha. :rolleyes1
I mean someone has to represent the DISboards right?

What a gorgeous picture! Disney after the sun sets is just as exciting and beautiful in a lot of ways.

When the sun sets it's the best time, as it's not so hot LOL! I was totally expecting that at Pandora but forgot the sun sets much later at the end of May so we were still walking around in the heat.

These are fabulous!! Thanks for reminding me about this - I should add it to our to do list so I don't forget!

Yes!! Definitely get these shots! They will be so memorable for your wedding/disneymoon!

YES! DIS Party!!

Definitely! Now to just win that lottery...:rotfl:

Can't wait to try the shrimp in March. I love your Lotus flower pics no resting face :goodvibes
How great to enjoy Illuminations and have an easy walk back to the BW.
The line for Ample Hills reminds me of the line for slushies in France.
Your night time shots are so pretty.

That shrimp was so good! I hope it's there again next year for you! (I'm sure it is as everyone I spoke to loved it)
Thank you! It was such a fun shot - definitely a unique picture!
BW is now a new favorite because Epcot is my favorite park. Will stay at Yacht Club in about a month so we'll see how much I like it over BW
Ample Hills was so crowded that night, I guess everyone wanted ice cream but funnily it wasn't that hot out, it was cool in the evening, imagine what the line would be like when it's really hot.
Thank you!

Hi Su-Lynn, I haven't been able to post much lately, but so enjoyed your Best Day Ever post. Your happiness of the day totally comes through in your M&G picture with Minnie and Pluto - sooo cute!!

Hi there! Thank you so much! It was such a great day I hope I conveyed the emotion without it being a let down, but I think everyone on the DIS understands having a moment like that at Disney!

I'll stand with you in solidarity on this. Illuminations is my favorite nighttime show as well. The music, the feels, everything... :cloud9:

BTW - Steve's garden is impressive!

YES! We'll form the picket line at the World Showcase! LOL.
Thank you! He's learned a LOT from Flower and Garden as well as Living with the Land. See? Disney is educational too.

It really is the best! I love not having to wait for transportation home- and it's such a lovely walk!

It really is!

Love this :) Sometimes the simplest times are the best times- and one of the reasons it's so easy to keep returning to your "happy place!"

Exactly! It's why I keep going, dealing with the heat, and crowds...but when you have those moments they are the greatest feelings ever and keep me wanting to return all the time!

That shrimp looked just divine. Also I just love the little portions of everything. I really would love to stay at the BW one day. I can't complain with being at the CR on our next trip - that was really for DD since MK is her fave park so that's the most important to walk to...but for me...Epcot would be awesome...to be able to stay late in WS and still get to your room before too long would be just magical. Your day really was awesome!!

The shrimp was delicious! I can't believe I just discovered it on our last full day. The festivals are great. They are so much fun and more food is always a good thing.
You will really enjoy being at the CR. Not having to take the bus or even the monorail and just walk back after a night at MK...nothing can neat that!
Thank you! It really was an awesome day!!

Loved hearing about your best day ever, I really get it that is for sure. The small things are so important at Disney, these are what make special memories. I am with you, Epcot brings much happiness to me for little things that I remember about it!

Thank you! It definitely is the little things that make me love Disney so much, and so many little things combined that day just made for an awesome day!
Epcot is my favorite park. I could spend days there. I love walking around WS. It's my happy place!

The shrimp looks so good, shrimp most any way is one of my favorites!

It was delicious! Sometimes shrimp is hit of miss for me. I can't stand it when it's overcooked but when it's done like this, it's perfect. These were so tender and soft, not rubbery at all!

Thanks for the info about the Lotus flower pictures, I will look for this.

You're welcome! Definitely try and get one as they are so unique!

Those lotus shots are beautiful but I still love your lantern pics :love:

Holy, that's a long ice cream line :rotfl2:

Aww, thank you!

Yup apparently everyone wanted ice cream! I can't imagine what it's like right now in the heat...

That is amazing you are getting married in Canada at Epcot. If I didn't have Flight of Passage FPs for that day I'd casually stalk your wedding...hahaha. :rolleyes1
I mean someone has to represent the DISboards right?

You absolutely should have! But FoP is worth missing out on pretty much anything, including wedding stalking. :) And come to think of it, since the wedding is in the morning before WS opens, you would probably have to do some serious sneaking to get in past security...I guess that's probably why they schedule the weddings that way! lol

Haha well I'd casually mention that I had a PPO breakfast at Akershus or maybe I'd really like a breakfast sandwich from Les Halles...
Us Disboarders know how to get around these things...:rolleyes1
I just realized we have an 'Ohana Breakfast that morning while your ceremony is taking place, our FOP FP is a little later in the day. So I will celebrate you with some Mickey waffles, and I'll just eat double what I usually eat as a toast to the both of you! :)

Briefly de-lurking to say how much I enjoy your trip reports!

I also love all your outfits!! Where do you find such cute stuff?? I want you to take me shopping :D

Haha well I'd casually mention that I had a PPO breakfast at Akershus or maybe I'd really like a breakfast sandwich from Les Halles...
Us Disboarders know how to get around these things...:rolleyes1
I just realized we have an 'Ohana Breakfast that morning while your ceremony is taking place, our FOP FP is a little later in the day. So I will celebrate you with some Mickey waffles, and I'll just eat double what I usually eat as a toast to the both of you! :)

Perfect plan!!

Some of my favorite times at Disney are taking in the little things, like enjoying a coffee by yourself, while your family rides Soarin' (I just can't ride it, the motion makes me sick), or people watching (you see a lot of interesting characters, and I don't mean just Mickey and Minnie). So, I totally get your best day ever!!!!

You absolutely should have! But FoP is worth missing out on pretty much anything, including wedding stalking. :) And come to think of it, since the wedding is in the morning before WS opens, you would probably have to do some serious sneaking to get in past security...I guess that's probably why they schedule the weddings that way! lol

Ha that's too bad or I'd consider stalking your wedding too lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter