BEST. DAY. EVER. May '17 w/Chunkymonkey and Chubbyhubby NEW 8/28 x2 THE END!!

YEah these next 24 days are moving soooooo slowly. Hmm Maybe I should start packing
ugh packing-right now stuff (paperwork, gift cards, DME papers, MB) are just tossed on my desk-problem is I am trying to plan for 3 trips at same time (hoping my girls only october trip will happen), so keeping up with park hours, ADRs, accomodations is making my head hurt a bit.
My DD (oldest) and DS are going with me separately than the middle DD and DH so packing is more complicated, plus we are driving down, they are flying, we are flying back (minus the oldest kid-she gets to stay with the mouse for 5 months, so she needs all her stuff for the apartment). Oh-and we are making a stop in St Louis on way down for my dad's 70th birthday. I need tylenol...or a nice slushie from France...

I really want his Kingdom of Cute Vinylmations but they are sold out everywhere. Hopefully I will get my hands on some in August.

I am the same with the blind bags of the pins!! I even had a bunch in my online cart on the Shop Disney app but I haven't followed through yet, LOL!

Here's an example of a "crowded" Express Bus.

However did you manage to deal with these hordes of people?? LOL!

We headed over the bridge to Discovery Island and had to take some PP pictures of because, look, a boat!

OLbA69pqY776m1nYxIQft9zgkx2FR7n7sfjKno2z9GGh8Og8HQv4YfIb4sxkLWk6STVh_8mvtxY4T6kTSyp2n9XPbsSVgS7qcCfpduJn4pqZ3-XKiqa8Xhhk9xVUKSDV1p5N5mNhsqTKsA3twcbovQSt6O9x3cv9Uh-snF_9EarMUOUOEICbuHNPxHEgIsdO0i2wEDsh6ZktSGpOKlLHxapVyXHFhFtmIs__1unQCOZURZ7DajsJFBmCoMfd6fmPNN02QSH0Dp7Qek6Bs8pugH9IJTgINsCCyyD-QKFVgGN3vrF5djCONEzGrOCzI9lRFTW7XdIgE1p_zvYPhDJWvAcDmBmNhE-Or66Gqvu8PQ9-j7hfjFGjdv6UF4Y5ySpC_1S8P5gYen9PcXRO1sKPMvwlpJVYO2PgwI_YJGiugOqED-H-bRZuEDFk9siDpxGRyWmQroCPyXuxF3BXTj0D6BWz-wCIUk2pRi3x58byHTwGmZ4hT6qVznE4quFHa5J6l4YFZhio8vlMUkrycibFlRzfDPWG7NOCnaXwQxrWMgnaRiJvhg17LPEVpf-5lt4-HuAAkNk9VgySkN7nA_A5AQTa0YtCmrYwBZmAWVlAp8pqCwKT45t-eA7mKw=w800-h533-no

I love it!

I actually really like going to Signature restaurants for lunch and I wish more of them would open up for the lunch hours.

This is a wish of mine too! I would love the resort signatures to open for lunch hours. I'm a huge fan of afternoon resort breaks, and this would be a dream come true for me.

As we sat at our table we were handed us a Thank you card that welcomed us back to Tiffins.

uFfl_tkAP-BdH_paJ6SO3AmGy_ZJG1FrRfvAQaoGKm6BNiZnn88omKN-dL_aXg0VNqYodjfD-ShhHRJ1TOadZr4koX4401RbjbUhsGWui-k1_GZFpqAszthWmBKTaYO3RkRu7ifZX7sR1LCLp28KtKhRwuftSnmL3dkuSM5qEgDnSZBDCtWBNdOnA9YxPTKBTJtIQq6pCOUKV_AR-8zxRE02tOkOIk3-FlRsOmK4-vQhN7v8h12ZffjAnBPKhuNClveu-_Gb0RTdbVxSf1kBnNDek5Ok7tgNhnkseD1tuObqmC6-WJxzcnuVz4OLiOeyiM4GWvYxNk1pup1lkgBr7c-qg1F4ovHFYrE193fO_3Y-YSuBvI91qxfChzbR5w6ZMjOK_nMpe32ZC9pInchGbKxVwzTFySYZQeFiR74P_40M-FOcGdYp5XKr5IDqPltc-Z1lwqOgzgf2ESVEGmn6kMkjw_zr1nDH9hj_fS_T3Wg7FKdR8BBSL2UVB7z7wuwhmS1v3wJ0DwU9lrwwhrpvovUpMlxq5kJ8Hd2-5UJu_ed7rkwRoUJMTTklT9SqsLls7_rL8TU8m6FJ2aPqxYK9d5KK1WhPoQ63ufv9gx1Vkcg0xjxp4pUf-CezEg=w479-h638-no

The Disney difference. I love seeing this happen.

Tiffins is LOVE.

Agree!!

God I love that EXPRESS Bus. It's the best thing ever!

Your usage of Express Bus service on this day was perfect! It makes for an entirely different trip experience than we're used to, and I think DH and I would really love it if we were there on our own.

(I am also currently obsessed with the Minnie vans, and want to hug whoever dreamed up the whole polka dotted van situation...because I will for sure be using it in October when we leave Pop to check in at the Poly!)

No that wasn't us. We were in the other room with the wire art on the walls....darn it! Your food looked just as yummy as ours! I loved their cheese plate and my 13yr old had the whole fried fish and loved it!

OMG Su-Lynn! I haven't really been on The DIS in like over a year...came online to start my PTR for October, found THIS instead and just binge-read the entire thing! I have always loved your TRs so I'm super excited I found this today!

Ok #1 - HI NEIGHBOR!!!! We live in CT so we're not too far from each other!

#2 - OMG YOU GO TO NYCC!?! ARE YOU GOING THIS YEAR!?! Sorry, I don't know why I'm shouting lol It's just so exciting to find people who do the same things as you! lol We're going to NYCC this year on Saturday and Sunday 10/7 & 10/8.

#3 I think I read that you are going to be in WDW for F & W? Is that true or did I make that part up? We'll be there from 10/18 - 10/27.

#4 - The BW is one of our favorites! We stayed there on our last trip. So you know that pic you posted of the quiet pool? If you stand exactly in that spot with your back to the pool and look up to the top floor, alllllll the way at the far right end of the building, THAT was our room. It was literally a 3 minute walk just from the elevator. The perks were that it was the end of the hallway so it was super quiet, we had a view of the quiet pool, and there was a stairwell right outside the door that brings you out to the walkway to DHS, so we didn't have to the do the walk to the elevator if that was our destination. Oh! And we could see the ToT from the hallway window right outside the room. What absolutely sucked was that 2 or 3 days of our stay, they had landscaping people outside trimming the hedges around the pool. It was like every other day. At 7am. Horrible. But overall, we loved it there. And you just can not beat that walk to the IG! Literal perfection for anyone who loves Epcot!

#5 Pandora looks amazing. I am completely terrified of FoP, but I'll give it the old college try at least once! Your pictures (as usual) are just fabulous! Can't wait for more!!

ugh packing-right now stuff (paperwork, gift cards, DME papers, MB) are just tossed on my desk-problem is I am trying to plan for 3 trips at same time (hoping my girls only october trip will happen), so keeping up with park hours, ADRs, accomodations is making my head hurt a bit.
My DD (oldest) and DS are going with me separately than the middle DD and DH so packing is more complicated, plus we are driving down, they are flying, we are flying back (minus the oldest kid-she gets to stay with the mouse for 5 months, so she needs all her stuff for the apartment). Oh-and we are making a stop in St Louis on way down for my dad's 70th birthday. I need tylenol...or a nice slushie from France...

I know what you mean...I have piles. Piles of clothes, a stack of important stuff like our magic bands, DME papers, etc. a stack of travel toiletries. Now to just sort through everything and get packing!

Good luck on your travel! I sounds complicated but we do what we gotta do to get everyone to Disney and if that were the only way I'd get my family down and your DD packed up for the DCP...then it's all worth it!

I am the same with the blind bags of the pins!! I even had a bunch in my online cart on the Shop Disney app but I haven't followed through yet, LOL!

The keep selling out of the Vinylmations. Grrrr.

However did you manage to deal with these hordes of people?? LOL!

Pushed and shoved, cursed and yelled, cut the lines, you know, the usual Disney-fied behavior :rotfl2:

This is a wish of mine too! I would love the resort signatures to open for lunch hours. I'm a huge fan of afternoon resort breaks, and this would be a dream come true for me.

See, if you were a Disney employee you could make this happen. :thumbsup2

Your usage of Express Bus service on this day was perfect! It makes for an entirely different trip experience than we're used to, and I think DH and I would really love it if we were there on our own.

(I am also currently obsessed with the Minnie vans, and want to hug whoever dreamed up the whole polka dotted van situation...because I will for sure be using it in October when we leave Pop to check in at the Poly!)
'

It really was the perfect day to use Express bus! (Or maybe the day was perfect because of it :cutie:)
OMG I totally want to ride the Minnie Vans! They are so cute!! Trying to figure out a good time on our trip to test it out. Hehe

No that wasn't us. We were in the other room with the wire art on the walls....darn it! Your food looked just as yummy as ours! I loved their cheese plate and my 13yr old had the whole fried fish and loved it!

Oh too bad! That would have been so funny. It's not the first time I've had other DISboarders in my pictures before!
OMG your 13 year old is my hero...I loved that dish, it was delicious! I will have to try the cheese plate one day, I really love cheese! Maybe if we're just in Nomad Lounge I will give it a try!

OMG Su-Lynn! I haven't really been on The DIS in like over a year...came online to start my PTR for October, found THIS instead and just binge-read the entire thing! I have always loved your TRs so I'm super excited I found this today!

OMG Ali!?! I haven't heard from you in ages! Welcome back!! :hug: It's so good to hear from you!
I can't wait to see your new PTR!!!

Ok #1 - HI NEIGHBOR!!!! We live in CT so we're not too far from each other!

Oh that's awesome! Were you always in CT? I can't remember.

#2 - OMG YOU GO TO NYCC!?! ARE YOU GOING THIS YEAR!?! Sorry, I don't know why I'm shouting lol It's just so exciting to find people who do the same things as you! lol We're going to NYCC this year on Saturday and Sunday 10/7 & 10/8.

YES I AM GOING THIS YEAR!! I will be there both days! Come find us! Steve and I both work at my friend's booth called Muteki Sales. :)

#3 I think I read that you are going to be in WDW for F & W? Is that true or did I make that part up? We'll be there from 10/18 - 10/27.

Oh we'll be there, but we're gonna miss each other by 3 days! We arrive on Oct 30th. I have a year-long PTR going on since we got AP this year and we're about to go back 3 weeks from now, a short weekend in Sept, and then October we have a DCL cruise and then Food and Wine, MNSSHP and the Fall Feast 5k!

#4 - The BW is one of our favorites! We stayed there on our last trip. So you know that pic you posted of the quiet pool? If you stand exactly in that spot with your back to the pool and look up to the top floor, alllllll the way at the far right end of the building, THAT was our room. It was literally a 3 minute walk just from the elevator. The perks were that it was the end of the hallway so it was super quiet, we had a view of the quiet pool, and there was a stairwell right outside the door that brings you out to the walkway to DHS, so we didn't have to the do the walk to the elevator if that was our destination. Oh! And we could see the ToT from the hallway window right outside the room. What absolutely sucked was that 2 or 3 days of our stay, they had landscaping people outside trimming the hedges around the pool. It was like every other day. At 7am. Horrible. But overall, we loved it there. And you just can not beat that walk to the IG! Literal perfection for anyone who loves Epcot!

Oh that is so cool (not the noise part) but you must have been super close to Epcot! We were closer to the DHS side. It's such a wonderful resort. I love the location, the room was lovely...just a great resort. I can't wait to go back one day! I will really miss being able to walk to Epcot all the time.

#5 Pandora looks amazing. I am completely terrified of FoP, but I'll give it the old college try at least once! Your pictures (as usual) are just fabulous! Can't wait for more!!

IT IS AMAZING!! Don't worry FoP is not as scary as it seems, it's really thrilling and fun and you feel like you're flying. Really the best ride ever!!
Thanks Ali! I look forward to seeing more of you on the DISBoards!

chunkymonkey said:
OMG Ali!?! I haven't heard from you in ages! Welcome back!! :hug: It's so good to hear from you!
I can't wait to see your new PTR!!!

It's me!! I literally haven't been on the DIS since I finished our 2013 TR. We were wedding planning, and then I got hurt :crutches:, and then we got married, and then the honeymoon, and then paying everything off... it's been a looooong time! I pop in every once in a while but haven't posted in forever. I'm going to start my PTR today because we're are 90 DAYS!!! :yay:

chunkymonkey said:
Oh that's awesome! Were you always in CT? I can't remember.

Yes but I don't think I knew that you were from the NY/NJ area. Although I have the memory span on a rock so it's highly likely that we've already talked about this (you know...5 years ago or something when I was a good DISer), and I just don't remember.

chunkymonkey said:
YES I AM GOING THIS YEAR!! I will be there both days! Come find us! Steve and I both work at my friend's booth called Muteki Sales. :)
I definitely will! Looking forward to it!

ETA: I'm almost positive we have shopped at this booth before because my husband LOVES Tokusatsu and Anime. If you sell Kamen Rider stuff, he's been there for sure lol

chunkymonkey said:
Oh we'll be there, but we're gonna miss each other by 3 days! We arrive on Oct 30th. I have a year-long PTR going on since we got AP this year and we're about to go back 3 weeks from now, a short weekend in Sept, and then October we have a DCL cruise and then Food and Wine, MNSSHP and the Fall Feast 5k!

Aw nuts! :( I'm so jealous that you get to go so many times! And YOU ROCK for competing in the marathons! I want to do a Disney marathon soooo bad but it's been almost two years since I hurt my knee and it still isn't "normal." :sad2: No marathons for me for the foreseeable future.

chunkymonkey said:
Oh that is so cool (not the noise part) but you must have been super close to Epcot! We were closer to the DHS side. It's such a wonderful resort. I love the location, the room was lovely...just a great resort. I can't wait to go back one day! I will really miss being able to walk to Epcot all the time.

It took us 7 minutes to walk to Epcot if we walked slow. We could make it in 5 if we were really moving, and probably faster if we ran lol It was the best thing ever. The DVC owner that we rent points from doesn't own at BWV and since we go during F & W it's nearly impossible to get a room there. I was thinking about using David's rentals to try and get into BWV for 2018 but I know nothing about renting through them and I'm scared! lol

chunkymonkey said:
IT IS AMAZING!! Don't worry FoP is not as scary as it seems, it's really thrilling and fun and you feel like you're flying. Really the best ride ever!!
Thanks Ali! I look forward to seeing more of you on the DISBoards!

Every once in a while I'll get motion sickness on Mission Space, but I think that's from the spinning. Maybe since FoP isn't a centrifuge I'll be OK?? (It's not a centrifuge, right?? lol!)

I will definitely be here! I'm getting so excited for our trip I can't take it. I've literally already packed some stuff! My suitcase is sitting at the foot of our bed with our swimsuits and my 3 pairs of ears I'm bringing. I have a problem lol

Last edited:
Oh, Tiffins looks sooo good. We had reservations there (part of the ROL package) and I cancelled them the day before because I realized ROL was going to be way too late for my kids. We ended up having a fun, relaxing night at DHS instead, but I still regret missing Tiffins. Someday I will get there!

Nice use of the Express Transportation!!

BTW, are you definitely going Dec 7-13? I have booked the Dolphin for the 6-11th for now. It was the only days we could use points. So it'll be so awesome if we meet up again! When are you doing the MVMCP?

I am still going around those Dec dates--don't know yet if I am flying home the 12th or 13th. It would be great to see you there--with our dates, it looks very likely :)

I am actually leaning against a Christmas party this year only because we are going next Dec (2018) with my sister's family and we will all definitely go to a party then...so still undecided here.

We aren't usually park hopping people, but with all the stuff that I have planned and the fact that I want to check out a lot of AK this October trip, you have sold me on the Express bus pass.

On the day you arrive, I wanted to go to AK for rope drop, but I booked us a Spice Road Table Mediterranean lunch at 1PM so the Express bus is the perfect way to do that. I'm sure after that lunch we'll go back to the room and crash, but hopefully we might be able to meet up in there even for a few minutes. The next day we need to do it in reverse, and I'm so glad you said that it lets you off at Tusker House because we have a Rivers of Light package with Tusker House at 4PM, so that's perfect!

I'm sure we'll figure out how to use it on other days, but those two along make it worth the week long usage of it!

Your meals at Tiffins look great, I don't know why the menu looked so strange when we first looked at it. However, we will have to save it for another trip, I've already way overbooked this one trip, but that's what happens when you restrain yourself from planning. When you get back into it you go overboard!

It's me!! I literally been on the DIS since I finished our 2013 TR. We were wedding planning, and then I got hurt :crutches:, and then we got married, and then the honeymoon, and then paying everything off... it's been a looooong time! I pop in every once in a while but haven't posted in forever. I'm going to start my PTR today because we're are 90 DAYS!!! :yay:

You need to post some pictures of your wedding! I feel like we've missed out on this major life event of yours. :p
UPDATE: I see on your PTR that you have! Yay!

Yes but I don't think I knew that you were from the NY/NJ area. Although I have the memory span on a rock so it's highly likely that we've already talked about this (you know...5 years ago or something when I was a good DISer), and I just don't remember.

Haha, I'm sure I read that about you too but I have a poor memory as well. LOL.

I definitely will! Looking forward to it!

ETA: I'm almost positive we have shopped at this booth before because my husband LOVES Tokusatsu and Anime. If you sell Kamen Rider stuff, he's been there for sure lol

You probably have! We sell all sorts of tokusatsu, Kamen Rider, Masked Rider, Godzilla, etc. Let me know if you want anything specific and I can see if I can get you a deal from their online store. :)

It took us 7 minutes to walk to Epcot if we walked slow. We could make it in 5 if we were really moving, and probably faster if we ran lol It was the best thing ever. The DVC owner that we rent points from doesn't own at BWV and since we go during F & W it's nearly impossible to get a room there. I was thinking about using David's rentals to try and get into BWV for 2018 but I know nothing about renting through them and I'm scared! lol

I've never used David's Rentals either I've always just rented from DISboarders. I've heard good things about it but I think it just depends on how much you're willing to spend. I think they are a little high on the pricing scale than renting from an owner directly but it does save you time and effort on your part. However they don't really have a cancellation policy.

Every once in a while I'll get motion sickness on Mission Space, but I think that's from the spinning. Maybe since FoP isn't a centrifuge I'll be OK?? (It's not a centrifuge, right?? lol!)

I will definitely be here! I'm getting so excited for our trip I can't take it. I've literally already packed some stuff! My suitcase is sitting at the foot of our bed with our swimsuits and my 3 pairs of ears I'm bringing. I have a problem lol

I don't think it's like mission Space at all. The centrifugal force on that ride is not my cup of tea. I only ride the green side anyways. But FoP is more...Star Tours and Soarin' but that is just a loose comparison, it really is in it's own class!

Oh, Tiffins looks sooo good. We had reservations there (part of the ROL package) and I cancelled them the day before because I realized ROL was going to be way too late for my kids. We ended up having a fun, relaxing night at DHS instead, but I still regret missing Tiffins. Someday I will get there!

Nice use of the Express Transportation!!

You will get there one day! It's really good, and I highly recommend it!
And I just love that express bus. :lovestruc

I am still going around those Dec dates--don't know yet if I am flying home the 12th or 13th. It would be great to see you there--with our dates, it looks very likely :)

YES!! I'm excited! I even booked a BoG lunch! Hahaha. That's the only ADR I've made so far.

I am actually leaning against a Christmas party this year only because we are going next Dec (2018) with my sister's family and we will all definitely go to a party then...so still undecided here.

Ah I see. I figure we'll do it as a last hurrah before we give up our annual passes...:santa: still deciding on the date though. I think we may do it on the 7th just because it will be the least crowded one.

We aren't usually park hopping people, but with all the stuff that I have planned and the fact that I want to check out a lot of AK this October trip, you have sold me on the Express bus pass.

Oh it's great for that purpose! Soooo convenient. I never want to park hop the regular way again.

On the day you arrive, I wanted to go to AK for rope drop, but I booked us a Spice Road Table Mediterranean lunch at 1PM so the Express bus is the perfect way to do that. I'm sure after that lunch we'll go back to the room and crash, but hopefully we might be able to meet up in there even for a few minutes. The next day we need to do it in reverse, and I'm so glad you said that it lets you off at Tusker House because we have a Rivers of Light package with Tusker House at 4PM, so that's perfect!

I was thinking of going to AK in the daytime as well! I haven't booked flights yet though so I'm not sure when we will arrive. I do want to arrive in the morning, then go to Epcot for some Food n Wine, then head to MK for HEA and EMH. Obviously, I am getting express bus. I wouldn't think of doing that without it!

Your meals at Tiffins look great, I don't know why the menu looked so strange when we first looked at it. However, we will have to save it for another trip, I've already way overbooked this one trip, but that's what happens when you restrain yourself from planning. When you get back into it you go overboard!

You know I thought the menu looked strange when we first looked at it too. But it was also because we had just eaten at Skipper Canteen and I wasn't not really impressed with it and Tiffins had the same descriptions as some of the cuisine there (they both had head-on shrimp, and a veggie curry). But Tiffins is in another league and I wouldn't even compare it to Skipper Canteen at all. I'm so happy I went there. In August it will be our 4th trip there in one year!

Oh you dont' have to tell me about planning overboard...look at where I am this year?!?! 6 trips...and possibly a 7th for the holiday season...:cutie:

I actually really like going to Signature restaurants for lunch and I wish more of them would open up for the lunch hours.
I agree! You know how many times I've thought, "I think I'd like to go to (insert signature here) for lunch" and then I realize we can't? I bet they'd get lots of business, too.

Once inside Tiffins, we waited just a few minutes and then we were seated. We were seated in a different area we sat in the last time and this area had a lot of carved wooden art on the walls.
This is the room we ate in back in March. See the Baobab tree behind Steve's head? We sat right under it :)

Boy I can go on and on, but let's just say Tiffin's is our new favorite restaurant and for good reason.
Even though we've only eaten there once, Tiffin's is a close second for us as far as signatures go, coming up fast behind Citricos. I'm dying to eat there again and I can see if becoming equal with Citricos real fast!

God I love that EXPRESS Bus. It's the best thing ever!
IT IS!! We are SO using it next month with the boys. Totally worth the price!!

Oh my gosh, your Tiffins meals looked amazing!! Tiffins is so fantastic!

And the Express bus! Wow, that seemed sooo convenient for your park hopping!!

Hard to believe it'll be less than a month until both of us get back here!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

I agree! You know how many times I've thought, "I think I'd like to go to (insert signature here) for lunch" and then I realize we can't? I bet they'd get lots of business, too.

Totally! We need to be in charge of Disney dining!

This is the room we ate in back in March. See the Baobab tree behind Steve's head? We sat right under it :)

Oh cool! I love how all the rooms have different decor and a different feel.

Even though we've only eaten there once, Tiffin's is a close second for us as far as signatures go, coming up fast behind Citricos. I'm dying to eat there again and I can see if becoming equal with Citricos real fast!

Can't wait to try Citrico's now! Everything sounds so delicious!

IT IS!! We are SO using it next month with the boys. Totally worth the price!!

I know! It's the best thing they have come up with that doesn't cost and arm and a leg.

Oh my gosh, your Tiffins meals looked amazing!! Tiffins is so fantastic!

And the Express bus! Wow, that seemed sooo convenient for your park hopping!!

It really is! And the express bus is key for park hopping without any stress!

Hard to believe it'll be less than a month until both of us get back here!! :lovestruc:lovestruc

Yes! And less than a month until your wedding day! Pretty awesome, huh?

We had arrived at Tiffins, my new favorite restaurant on property! We ate here for the first time in February and it just blew us away and now we've been here three times this year, pretty much the only restaurant we've repeated on each trip (and again next month with no end in sight, hahaha).
We have Yack and Yeti reserved for lunch but after reading your last report on Tiffins along with @kastoney and @ariane37 reviews I told DH about the Octupi appy. Now he wants to try it. I plan to send him to Tiffins for cocktails while I ride a ride or 2 he wont go on. Then meeting him at Tiffins.

Snow Leopard Salvation: Snow Leopard Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer.

Looks refreshing think I'll have to try this.

Marinated Grilled Octopus Salsify, Saffron Aïoli, Lemon-Caper Olive Oil
Oh Yum. Now I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.
35f624b9c815da01001fbc3b2210d9ef.gif

Last edited:
I just totally stalked your star wars weekends trip report to see what dates you were there (we did the last 2 weekends-got to see Frank Oz!); and they changed the Galactic breakfast (no cars-guess they could get more people in with tables?). Also had a pic of my son that I tagged up on the screen (and premium FtF package).
Booked flights for girls trip for October.
And you do CC too? Especially anime? My middle cosplayed Grell from Black Butler at KC comic con this spring.

Love your use of the Express bus! Probably not needed in August for us, but may definitely come in handy in November when Thanksgiving week will be packed.

We have Yack and Yeti reserved for lunch but after reading your last report on Tiffins along with @kastoney and @ariane37 reviews I told DH about the Octupi appy. Now he wants to try it. I plan to send him to Tiffins for cocktails while I ride a ride or 2 he wont go on. Then meeting him at Tiffins.

That's a good plan. Yak n Yeti is good, but Tiffins is on another level. I approve.

Looks refreshing think I'll have to try this.
Oh Yum. Now I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.
35f624b9c815da01001fbc3b2210d9ef.gif

Tiffins is definitely drool-worthy. I drool over all pictures of most signature restaurants especially Tiffins!

I just totally stalked your star wars weekends trip report to see what dates you were there (we did the last 2 weekends-got to see Frank Oz!); and they changed the Galactic breakfast (no cars-guess they could get more people in with tables?). Also had a pic of my son that I tagged up on the screen (and premium FtF package).
Booked flights for girls trip for October.

I loved SWW - that was our first and only SWW. Although I think I was actually there in 2009 for an earlier version of Star Wars Weekends but being such a non-planner prior to 2010 and not knowing of the DISBoards back then I had absolutely no idea that stuff like that happened!
I've since learned the power of the Disboards. :darth:
Frank Oz....awesome!!
That's really cool your son was up on the screen. It's so much fun when things like that happen because they never happen! LOL.
Wait, they had Galactic breakfast in Sci Fi with no cars?!? How is that possible?

Ooh when in October are you going? I'll be there Oct 30th - Nov 5th.

And you do CC too? Especially anime? My middle cosplayed Grell from Black Butler at KC comic con this spring.

I go only to NYCC and it's because my friend has a booth selling Japanese toys, mostly anime and Godzilla, Kamen Rider, Power Rangers, Ultra Man, Masked Rider...stuff like that. A lot of build it yourself kits too. It's called Muteki Sales, he does have a website. Let me know if you need anything :)
I personally don't follow anime that closely nor do I cosplay but I really enjoy watching cosplayers! Their costumes are amazing. I have a great time at NYCC for that reason!
That is so cute your daughter cosplayed! I'm sure she was awesome!

Love your use of the Express bus! Probably not needed in August for us, but may definitely come in handy in November when Thanksgiving week will be packed.

Oh yes definitely in November. I'm so spoiled by it now. LOL.

Ooh when in October are you going? I'll be there Oct 30th - Nov 5th
We are at beginning of month-Going with my MiL and SiL (they haven't been since ?1989? 1990?) my oldest birthday is October 5th, we will be there October 7-11. Quick trip but Food and Wine, and 2 Halloween parties to choose from. Think the "wine" part sold them on the trip:rotfl:

But my friend Betsy DID peek into his satchel, and it does hold the crown
I have absolutely no idea what his means, but the fact that the satchel now holds a crown makes this 10X funnier :P

We caught the Express bus from MK to AK and we were let off in a backstage area in Asia, close to FoTLK and Tusker House which is where you check in for the Express Bus out of AK. Here's an example of a "crowded" Express Bus.

mUaDAeCP4gz6Kgns_e7MwaYG1c4_kOF32EdBQj0Kr4hv4C__SQcilUFJrID8pdsD2tzRrvdTCKNfpsSlpGybIKWDOtbdRwqHpkh_6msxgLVa_4yufoQtvPIjQZDOLxAwjrCxUtFM8HWfb0hwI3R02d7rI4r3noIuSHJ4wpTmd3QWruckFqXPBCMUMnc2Y-0REcsAUSmOcxp0L4bR6vVUGeEZy3OpOVdylk2DwQBa2k7DOUvq001Zip6erJeBRSIxGefFme9Hn8-aziuqzniUf0wwjp7hDIA3nYcmktrqpBm-bleQZt3hk7jMi-aujUks0gw9hUsl_2dVz352GcXKj7MGbUB86ybOxi7eM4tDXU0xSFUw6uArGXaWjSyXInH-7U_2Wb-p09Tl4h-46EEnNXQp2mbIVAcpswARHBT5u2yvw0J11ZPxPZ0-XDjC4a2HPgbSwqZGN3rcSZU_1ckFriF-WEpuzgPZ68cvl-r7TEvDWRCsLhe6VCjwxdFypoIcA2sE5YVG95etAnrG8E2NlGXNq8NnF6VqhFl1oJRLDiNTaTtB322NV7SVvF-KRwZsL3P69YUSY0Yh1eG1pMscNcVMrivXYeG2Pi1RFwd4X509Z6pvy2avE0jl2g=w800-h600-no
Wow, how every did you find a place to sit???? :-)

As we sat at our table we were handed us a Thank you card that welcomed us back to Tiffins.

uFfl_tkAP-BdH_paJ6SO3AmGy_ZJG1FrRfvAQaoGKm6BNiZnn88omKN-dL_aXg0VNqYodjfD-ShhHRJ1TOadZr4koX4401RbjbUhsGWui-k1_GZFpqAszthWmBKTaYO3RkRu7ifZX7sR1LCLp28KtKhRwuftSnmL3dkuSM5qEgDnSZBDCtWBNdOnA9YxPTKBTJtIQq6pCOUKV_AR-8zxRE02tOkOIk3-FlRsOmK4-vQhN7v8h12ZffjAnBPKhuNClveu-_Gb0RTdbVxSf1kBnNDek5Ok7tgNhnkseD1tuObqmC6-WJxzcnuVz4OLiOeyiM4GWvYxNk1pup1lkgBr7c-qg1F4ovHFYrE193fO_3Y-YSuBvI91qxfChzbR5w6ZMjOK_nMpe32ZC9pInchGbKxVwzTFySYZQeFiR74P_40M-FOcGdYp5XKr5IDqPltc-Z1lwqOgzgf2ESVEGmn6kMkjw_zr1nDH9hj_fS_T3Wg7FKdR8BBSL2UVB7z7wuwhmS1v3wJ0DwU9lrwwhrpvovUpMlxq5kJ8Hd2-5UJu_ed7rkwRoUJMTTklT9SqsLls7_rL8TU8m6FJ2aPqxYK9d5KK1WhPoQ63ufv9gx1Vkcg0xjxp4pUf-CezEg=w479-h638-no
Wow, how cool they did this for you all. We got to meet Casey back in February when he bonded with our Casey about their shared amazing name :-)

N37Qo3KlSzVpYHjKs3GCsmTU64_8sb36I1eRzdfuKgJIhSyztRTNo8pfT2egkB4JYMCFguQ24CSy1CpdYcqBetMh9EP3KYjIR4vlaeMZcFKcYu_8E6sdku0p7086Ig5JBRx3tUSM_WQ7waksBrWSrSDUHlP13waanM5bA1I-x5B0EHn6addEc6Vemi5yT-uMgJs6vfbel125BCYFBfK3TxFK0rj21PqCPA3fj2Zg7UQb8bg3Xcxdo6-ecAXGRfpy_wFJG5zvLsO55hfaKINT8zhZEjAJBswr_i9a4tkOlHqvd9Mv6uqHnEH1tgHf9WjFL4-3MwvzsEdF41HqJATNbkx6BP9oQLJpeu7u1LOwY9a-tQApx1YxoCbnofEO88mA540hi-FY_I-uKbqKERY_yX8XfquPfA9O826T9vN4nG0QXJRQHwuVChDg0jaHl5AiRqsRIOkBQQhsK9CJ9iUy9TcNAqdZmMOOaZGl-AVXtYORYSTe_LVGpECwtxdahyOtTScmwW1O1UAAfj4XKyLumwPWCqfLbKcW2pcKhhdjShz4m5IZUSij86oKU47We2dyPHX7l7qIzpR6kfOsszT8DpPbctpm38b33dqcKZEHvk63UZjzfe-k-X7nLA=w800-h533-no

This was really nice as well, look at that awesome sear on the scallops and the green garlic puree was delicious with the tender sweet scallops.
Wow, these look amazing. Scallops are one of my most favorite foods ever, though I've never tried them at Tiffins for some reason. Will have to rectify that in the near term

LLlwnh_i5hhvBMdkNJqMvk8XLTU7kWoX0PcPEcOZFiCrcQS8AYGCfBy3GF04YNJEwg8QvNNV9XimkgCSYxtjRaM6AOQ7OJrFCmEX_Qn97pbavVBcUGBl1RPhz9USZo-Ab31mQn732LteGAHrYcbBR9FK_MuAYUt6xLAHXF9eXzh6KCCc5Ic__Rnaz0Od8JryYCQqciGsi8TLl4idPGHvg5FAVp6So6T3Eu7OcRyEOvDfiu7KBUKSNIiCjPDPzehHcb7iVNCzy5o9Aradk_V_PkLjlQo9l_5jML8Qm5ZU0V-sFal6qdIXv5Oknc1xkRYLHl96pYnOpIBk70Lv0rnsX4xmhz8B2WdRFvtbphYNCt83SP40SP4U8fBFKeexmFsG0iky2WTqUynF0qQNts2D48GhDtx8ZSztF7WdX9ApERGUF7c4ld1an79RBuZxcz4NPqdghkWWWBJkdIJ0k7FAQumsICbo5yLltEuW-aXgKbaHvxgnIa1RRGjJLflrs63lNFF6Sop0gdicFJMQ6NRwmg5Y6jG9tC-bzELAphMsDMkqEaQqfOJ7dDO6jA5xzsqOULCRfjoqKEPQDvemjWEbuDO2dnrnwUJ6hhJBqf6rOe3DPpOtuJ8qAh47ig=w800-h600-no

OMG I just love this dessert so much. I hope it sticks around for a while, at least until after August! (less than a month until we're back there again!)
Until August????? Make that November because I'm in too

So we headed back to Tusker House to check in for our ride to Epcot and in no time...we were back in Epcot exploring the Festival Center.

C89VjXatFgUgDpHoU3G5wZx3c52-M1D6KX1NWvpD7xTtp772gXUbTmlxXcIgYZw38ilq51mSa91AUyilEOoYf4N9aOisXL_vFzbsrDf7wN_CCH-VeKI4vHn7DFBIpfQ3Wp1ynM-ITuv2WpmuCH68-G3HwPOPleCp34UPkcYzAgiBgJMuy5roaI27DzbSuN06VsqKKYkSaZWAnWxz0UTZIthx1v7ohrsE3kaLO5Uypt7WjzWFMIHxCiPIsL7VwMvrplZ-DeL9H4vU7vEVwX03dgTWi_Vgh3OLa0RNIMCw4v5Yvd1Cppv4KMUBMcv4X7WAbuvF79TdmsGkBCUqICBYdpmU5ssFQnNYqBEONu15h1IB22mw1y_b4ttukk0SHwN-OwyPe0zpvlpiXgQNgwJ-l-YvV1PNznPolD8vbqOle3VannGNP8g4DUxb7eX69m28Z3z4I7Xml0wuL0vMNg8Z3DN6FoglWpDTJmrYAvguShL1qMOQOxCzpLZbVXWlu-dy3g1JBeaCM7KZXNPyYXuj3P9gdHxtWcnqsvKplZVFs7pGcsIxhD5dKemu5iqHLdlgwUKpaUgKud49GztORFxBb60W_XuCtNmQZilDTcL9lm76Su6tdurnG-nSSQ=w800-h533-no
Thanks for the great testimonial on the Express bus. Think we are going to take advantage of it on our next trip so we can go all day!

I'm pretty sure I got the Snow Leopard Salvation: Snow Leopard Vodka, Belle de Brillet Pear Liqueur, Mint, Lime Juice, Ginger Beer.

I had something similar to this at Dawa Bar once and it was soooooo good!

OMG I just love this dessert so much. I hope it sticks around for a while, at least until after August! (less than a month until we're back there again!)

I want it to stay until Columbus Day weekend because it looks PHENOMENAL!

Fun meet with Gaston! We should try to do that someday - I bet Izzy could amuse him.

Very cool that you had your DIS-celeb moment!! I've seen a few other trip reporters have them and it's pretty neat. The only one I've had was actually a Disney CM that wasn't necessarily a regular follower, but had read my cruise TR and really appreciated it, as she wanted to take her toddler on one.

I had no idea there was a Woody and Jessie magic shot! Very cool!

Glad you had another amazing meal at Tiffins!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts