Best Credit Card to apply for a balance transfer of about $10,000?

Tink113

DIS Veteran
I am looking to transfer about $10,000 to a hopefully 0% credit card.

Looking for the best option with low transfer fees. Also interested in any other ideas to consolidate credit card dept.

If you have access, the Navy Federal Platinum Card can be very good for this. I've also seen good offers from Chase and Citi if you already have either of those, but the Navy Platinum has the best interest for after the 0% period ends.

If you have access, the Navy Federal Platinum Card can be very good for this. I've also seen good offers from Chase and Citi if you already have either of those, but the Navy Platinum has the best interest for after the 0% period ends.
Thank you. We don’t have that card. Can anyone apply for it? Or is it military only? I’ve not looked into Navy Federal.

We do have a chase Disney card and Coro Costco Card.

Navy Fed requires a family member to have served in some capacity. I gained access through my Grandfather that served in WWII. The PenFed Gold Card might be worth looking at also, they are open to anyone, but are generally a little stingy with credit lines for new members.

Navy Fed requires a family member to have served in some capacity. I gained access through my Grandfather that served in WWII. The PenFed Gold Card might be worth looking at also, they are open to anyone, but are generally a little stingy with credit lines for new members.
Thanks! Interesting. My husbands grandfathers both served. They had both passed. Does that matter? Not even sure where to start with that.

Nope, does not matter at all. My Grandfather passed 15 years before I was born. I was asked name and branch of service. There have been some reports that people have been asked for documentation, I had his enlistment record but was never asked for it.

Citibank so,e times offers 0% for like 18-24 months. Worth looking into.

Wells Fargo Active Cash has a 15 month offer at 0%. It also has a $200 off $500 offer that you can get and put straight towards paying that 10k down as every little bit helps!

You might want to check out our Debt Dumpers 2023 thread here on the DIS Link

Last edited:
In the past when I needed to transfer like that. I just called my bank (5/3) and asked if they had any 0% interest cards available and they always have.

When I needed a promotional BT rate, Discover was offering good deals. Sometimes they mail me blank checks or email me. I think the fee is 4% now. Before it was 2-3%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter