best calculator to see if OOP or DDP is the way to go?

zomama

Mouseketeer
I'll only be staying in park for 2 days and then switching to off site hotel. wondering if it makes sense to get the DDP deluxe and cram in our character/more expensive meals for those 2 days. TIA!

I'll only be staying in park for 2 days and then switching to off site hotel. wondering if it makes sense to get the DDP deluxe and cram in our character/more expensive meals for those 2 days. TIA!

The best calculator is the one on your phone. Choose the places you want to eat, then choose what you WANT to eat at each of those places and do the math. For character/buffet prices, there is a sticky over on the main restaurant board with those listed. For a la carte, don't forget to add the 6.5% tax to your totals.

The online calculators that do it all for you just use averages. You're the only one knows what you really want.

The best calculator is the one on your phone. Choose the places you want to eat, then choose what you WANT to eat at each of those places and do the math. For character/buffet prices, there is a sticky over on the main restaurant board with those listed. For a la carte, don't forget to add the 6.5% tax to your totals.

The online calculators that do it all for you just use averages. You're the only one knows what you really want.

I agree with this except I'd say a spreadsheet but that's just because I'm a bookkeeper and spreadsheets are my friend. I would suggest you go look at the menus on Disney's websites for the prices, plug in your tax and compare it to the price of the plan. Be honest when you are looking at menus and don't just go for the most expensive thing on the menu unless that is really what you would eat but don't go for the least expensive because you think you would be paying out of pocket. Also make sure you put how your family actually eats. Do you always get a dessert? Do you always drink soft drinks? Do you normally get an appetizer (those are not included on the regular dining plan)? Do you always get x amount of snacks a day and make sure you plug those into your spreadsheet.

I would also use a spread sheet as I'm also an accountant. Lol .And I would look up menus with prices at allears.net.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter