Best breakfast outside the parks?

Rai's Mommy

Mouseketeer
We are going to be going to TDR for 2 nights. The first will be part of a TDR package at Disneyland Hotel which includes breakfast at the Sherwood Garden Restaurant but our second night will be spent at the Hilton Tokyo Bay with no breakfast included. There will be 5 adults in our party (if you include my 17 year old) as well as a toddler and an infant. Only 2 of us will go to the park that third day. I've read that breakfast at the Hilton can be costly. The others will eat with us and then head back to my brother's apartment in Tokyo via train. What are the best options for affordable breakfast outside of the parks (preferrably priced under or around 2000 yen per adult)? Thanks a million for any suggestions!

The hotel buffet is quite costly, and other hotels will not have something for under $2000 yen. Your best bet is probably something from Ikspiari. There are lots of quickservice places where you could grab a coffee and a pastry like starbucks. Unfortunately I cannot think of any sitdown restaurants in the vicinity.

I've not eaten here, but yo can try: http://www.cafe-kaila.tokyo/morning/ in Ikspiari. It looks like it is sit down and you can eat for under 2000.. maybe. I am unclear if the morning menu are the only breakfast options or if some of the other menu items are also on offer. I guess since you have family that speaks Japanese in Japan they could always contact the restaurant in advance. It gets tricky sine most sit down places charge 1500-2000 for a main course and another 400-500 for drinks which is one reason a buffet is such a "good" deal.

There might be some other places in Ikspiari. Or maybe see if you can get a different rate at your hotel that includes a discounted breakfast ticket? Sometimes hotels offer better deals on their buffet when it is booked with the room, I found that true of the Keihan near USJ where I did much better with a package than if I had booked everything a la carte. I did have to use the Japanese website and email them because the better deals were on the Japanese site and not on the English one. I've seen that with TDR as well, where certain deals are only offered on the Japanese site.

Thank you for the great tips! Cafe Kaila looks like a fantastic option if I'm not able to get a good deal for the hotel buffet :) I'm fine with paying more than 2000 yen per meal if the meal is actually eaten but I feel like not everyone will be up for eating much from a hotel buffet after 2 days of gorging ourselves on delicious Disney food :)

Thank you for the great tips! Cafe Kaila looks like a fantastic option if I'm not able to get a good deal for the hotel buffet :) I'm fine with paying more than 2000 yen per meal if the meal is actually eaten but I feel like not everyone will be up for eating much from a hotel buffet after 2 days of gorging ourselves on delicious Disney food :)

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, I hate the food at Tokyo Disney. I'm a vegetarian and the options were not terribly impressive. Though the popcorn is amazing! I thought the Sherwood Buffet was OK, it could have had better Western options than it did.

Call Hilton and find a way to get that buffet! It's awesome and we always make sure we choose a package with the breakfast buffet. Much tastier than anything at Disney!

Japanese restaurants sometime stay open late, very late; however, for the most part they don’t offer breakfast unless they are in a hotel or tourist area. The Japanese have ramen, soba, curry, rice balls or a bread product for breakfast. Best bet is a coffee shop or bakery. I’m constantly disappointed by bakeries in the US and find the ones in Japan to be superior.

We were at the Hilton Tokyo Bay in Oct and got free breakfast for 2 people because I am a Gold Member (I have their credit card) but we had to pay for our third person and it was 3,000 yen. It definitely wasn't worth 3,000 yen. Ikspiari, as previously mentioned, has a Krispy Kreme, Starbucks and a bakery. The shuttle from the Hilton to Ikspiari is free but most places don't open until 10am.

Thank you everyone for all of your great suggestions! So many options! I think I might have to set my type A tendencies aside and have my brother and his wife make the call on this one :)

You could also look into upgrading your Hilton Room to a Celebrio Select Room. Those rooms have lounge access included. The lounge serves a nice breakfast. Nothing fancy, but enough to get some food into you before heading to the park. We were upgraded to such a room, but we decided that in the future it would be worth it for us as we also used the lounge for afternoon breaks. Of course, whether this is worth it for you depends on the difference in room price.

While on the subject of Ikspiari, might I suggest a visit to Shinseido? Its on the second floor in the "Museum Lane" and it has the best selection of Tokyo Disney and Disney CD's I have ever seen. The selection was even better than inside the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter