Best backpack to use in the parks?

I appreciate that. I just hit day 57 and the fever didn't really kick in until I did my fast passes. Now planning mode full throttle.

My wife has a Galaxy S6 with an even thicker Otterbox case than mine. They both fit at the same time without much trouble. There's not much room for anything else, but it's not so tight as to stretch anything.

I've never rocked a one strap before. Only regular two strap backpacks. Will it bother me? Any smaller two strap backpacks out there that people recommend?

My wife has a Galaxy S6 with an even thicker Otterbox case than mine. They both fit at the same time without much trouble. There's not much room for anything else, but it's not so tight as to stretch anything.

I looked at this last night and picked one up! Free with my Amazon gift card from Christmas! Testing it this weekend at Hersheypark.

Get one with only one or two pockets - it will be easier to go through security.

Also get a lighter color with good padded shoulder straps. I would try on whatever back packs before purchasing if possible.

I love the Baggallini Messenger Sling Backpack. It has tons of pockets and holds everything I need - a water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, wallet items (I ditch the wallet itself because there are so many pockets) and even a scrunched up light-weight sweater. I love how I can swing it to the front or back without taking it off - such as when I go to pay for something.

Now that my kids are grown, they carry their own stuff. My husband sometimes carries a regular backpack if we need towels or rain ponchos.

Overall, the Baggallini is great! It lasted as my "travel bag" for more than 15 years. I'm about to buy another!

I've never rocked a one strap before. Only regular two strap backpacks. Will it bother me? Any smaller two strap backpacks out there that people recommend?

I find the one-strap, or sling style, very convenient. You can rotate it around your body without taking it off, and all the zipper pockets are right there on top. The only thing I'd caution is to not get one that's too heavy, but the smallish size of this one prevents that. Too much weight on one shoulder could cause soreness. I carried this one around on nearly 18-hour days with no problem though.

It's also smaller to make taking it on rides easy to manage.

If you need to carry more stuff, I'd go to a two-strap backpack for even weight distribution. I have another sling I use for camping and hiking that's bigger, but it has a waist strap for better weight management. You unclasp the waist strap for sling around access to your pack.

There's no one right pack. Get one that you think fits what you'll need to carry.

I love the Baggallini Messenger Sling Backpack. It has tons of pockets and holds everything I need - a water bottle, snacks, sunscreen, wallet items (I ditch the wallet itself because there are so many pockets) and even a scrunched up light-weight sweater. I love how I can swing it to the front or back without taking it off - such as when I go to pay for something.

Now that my kids are grown, they carry their own stuff. My husband sometimes carries a regular backpack if we need towels or rain ponchos.

Overall, the Baggallini is great! It lasted as my "travel bag" for more than 15 years. I'm about to buy another!

Does a water bottle fit in the side pocket? THat bag looks like it would work for me. I've been using an Eddie Bauer diaper bag since 2000, but the interior pockets ripped.

Does a water bottle fit in the side pocket? THat bag looks like it would work for me. I've been using an Eddie Bauer diaper bag since 2000, but the interior pockets ripped.
Yes, but it can fall out if you're not careful because it's not secured. That is one negative. Mine is 15 years old, so maybe they've improved the design.

I'm all about the small canvas single strap backpacks.

This one is my current bag and it was about $6.99 on eBay.

If I get a bigger bag I tend to cram it full of junk I don't really need so the smaller the better.

IMG_3560.JPG

I've carried an Adidas drawstring bag the last few trips. Big enough to tote around modest in-park purchases. Malleable enough to fit in seat pockets on rides. Toss in a couple large ziploc bags for snacks, drinks, protect camera gear in the rain, sweaty clothes, etc.

I've used the Jansport Superbreak for years. Only 1 pocket ( less pockets the better for going through security) and comfortable to wear. Lightweight & durable.

If you're thinking about that one, consider this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015PW51AQ/ref=twister_B0174CVQ04?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Same company, $1 more. You get a zippable strap pocket; great for securing your phone. My Galaxy S4 fit in there with it's substantial case. There's an extra front pocket as well. My wife and I both had one last summer in the parks, and we plan to use them again this summer. They held up great, and my wife has been using hers here and there in-between.
Will that fit a few ponchos along with a few other items?

aclk

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Clear-Ba...3942&wl11=online&wl12=147507003&wl13=&veh=sem

I recommend this clear back pack from Walmart. It's surprisingly sturdy for the price and I've seen them for $3.00 at a local department store in my area. It works for me in a couple of ways.

1. When i pack it the night before for the most part I can look at it and know that I have what I'll need or easily remove something I won't.
2. I glide right threw bag check (although on my last two trips I still had to open it for inspection) Airport security also appreciates this bag.
3. It's water resistant
4. Does not stain
5. Wipes clean
6. I always have this pang of fear that I didn't pick up everything when we head out after a pit stop. I can just look at the bag and see my Phone ($600), my sunglasses, my just purchased souvenir, my favorite Disney ball cap.

One objection I hear is I don't like everyone seeing my stuff. Well honestly, no one cares enough to look.
If it's your personal items that concern you; a small dark plastic bag will take care of that.

Have a wonderful magical vacation!

I got this back pack at Disney World October of 2016 and will use it again in November 2018.
mickey-mouse-backpack-bag-faces-black-white-disney-world-theme-parks-new-nwt_201649975064.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!