Ben and Libby's Happily Ever After - A Fairytale Wishes Wedding *Updated 14/3/18 + Wedding Video!

YAY!!! It is almost time....can you even believe it is here? I remember when I first started reading this planning journal! Your name cards look awesome...great job! You first attempt at packing literally had me laughing in my office! haha

Hope y'all have a great HOLIDAY! I love saying that... being that I am American and we just call it vacation. It sounds so much better saying holiday! I am going to start saying "I'm going on holiday" ...it will probably confuse people around here (New Orleans, Louisiana). but it sounds much more magical.

Have a great trip and CONGRATS!

Awwwww- you guys are sooo cute! Congrats on the upcoming nuptials and I am sure it will be just incredible!

Omg I LOVE the little Mickey and Minnie on the bottom of your wedding shoes!!! Can I ask where you got those so I can steal them? Haha. Also, YOUR WEDDING IS TOMORROW!!! You know I will be stalking the hell out of it on FB and Instagram :P

HAPPY WEDDING DAY LIBBY!!!!!

We can't wait to hear all about your trip, your wedding and your honeymoon! SO much to look forward to on our ends, but also for you as you get to enjoy and live it all! Congratulations from all of us here.

And YES, I've been stalking and liking everything on your FB and Instagram accounts already. Looks like you are having the time of your life so far - hope you enjoyed Father of the Bride last night ;).

PS: Somewhere in your last update you said that for your travel you were saving disboard threads to read offline...HOW do you do that? I've wanted to do that before and asides from taking screenshots, I couldn't figure out how to - not that I am very tech savy though. Let me know when you get back if you have a chance!!!!

I've been a lurker but just wanted to post that I'm thinking of you today! Enjoy your wedding day & congratulations!

I've been following along from the sidelines as well - and just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you all today. I hope that it's wonderful and goes as perfectly planned. Best wishes!!

Happy wedding day! Can't wait to read all about it when you get back!

Also - great choice on your wedding perfume, La Vie est Belle is one of my top three favourites of all time (and I have a slight perfume addiction...)

Happy first morning waking up as a married couple! Hope you are having a marvelous time! Looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. :)

Thanks for posting the link to her review! That's kind of odd that she wouldn't come back here and let us know it was there, but happy to see it anyway! :)

Hi guys! I'm so so sorry I haven't been back in a while!! I am back now and ready to share with you all!

Thank you to the Dis'er who posted the link to my trippie on the Dibb - that's a site for UK WDW go'ers and I normally post my stuff on both and I was always planning to share them here too, so I'm going to start that now!

Thank you so much to everyone who sent their well wishes on our wedding day, that was so sweet :) Spoiler alert: we really did have the most perfect fairytale wedding day and honeymoon, and I'm so excited to share it all :D

I'm going to go to sleep now because I just started a new job and it's 1.5 hours away so I'm tired all the time at the moment (we are moving closer though, and closer to Benj's job which was kind of the whole point! It's all very exciting and it's pretty much my dream job so we're over the moon!! But yes, lots of tiredness/time in the car/no time to write trippies haha!) but I'll be back with my recaps very soon!!

xxx

Just quickly, this is the post I shared on the Dibb right when we got back from our honeymoon!! :D

We are back from our amazing 3 week wedding and honeymoon trip :D We got back Sunday and went back to work Monday so as I'm sure you can imagine, it's been a very challenging week!

Our wedding day was truely the most wonderful day of our lives - it was a perfect fairytale, nothing went wrong, and Disney treated us like royalty :) It was so incredible to see all our ideas and plans take place, and so special to experience it all with our amazing friends and family :) I think it's safe to say they were blown away! The amount of detail and organisation on the day was just mindblowing! Everyone loved all the surprises we had planned - Dapper Dans stole the show, and our guests went crazy when our caricature artist turned up!

And, while the wedding day itself was perfect, the days leading up to were so so so fun too! We did stags vs hens around Epcot which was honestly one of the funniest days of my life, and our rehearsal dinner at 'Ohana was a Lapu Lapu fuelled emotional rollercoaster! We gave out all our gifts to everyone and oh, it was just so fantastic! Being in WDW with everyone we love was an experience I just couldn't have imagined enjoying so much.

I felt very sad at the beginning of the week with the wedding blues and general being back at work sadness, but feeling much better now, really enjoying married life, and excited to see what the future will bring for us :) It's awesome to finally be Mrs Millier after so long!

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you so much to all you lovely Dibbers who wished us well and sent congratulations on here and on my wedding planning journal before we went :) I thought you might like to see some photos!? :D We've had 5 photos so far and we'll get the rest in a month or so eeeee can't wait! Our photographer was Ashley Jane and she was simply phenomenal :)

14729112_10154587249629286_6964591265162007104_n_zpsrn5ya6b6.jpg

14657333_10154587249724286_1411851741437194346_n_zpscn6dpbf6.jpg

14708213_10154587249829286_3580280692636552006_n_zpspj1vzaqi.jpg

14729402_10154587249614286_1436200348803389822_n_zpsar57p8vo.jpg

14522777_10154587249769286_8416719225117149590_n_zpsemnfyjqg.jpg

Non-professional faves...

IMG_6919_zpss2pct7yg.jpg

IMG_6987_zpszawck2yw.jpg

Next up...pre Travel day!! xxx

Day -1 Pre-Travel Day

Friday 14th October

The adventure begins…

Current mood:

Keep-Calm_zpswvkqszy3.jpg

So here we are, the first-kind-of-almost day of the holiday EEEEEEE! Excitement levels were at an all time high and we couldn’t believe the day was actually here! For the week leading up to this day we had been super busy getting everything organised and it had all kind of gone in a blur, Friday came scarily fast! Ben had finished work on the Thursday but I was working from home Friday morning. He was originally gonna work Fri morning but then his car died the Thursday before - yep, totally died, great timing huh! So he kind of had to take the full day off cause he couldn’t get to work, but it worked out well and was nice to have him home as you’ll see later!

The day before had been my last proper day at work and a few of my lovely colleagues had decorated my desk :) I was also chuffed to be presented with a card, bottle of bub and some dollars from all my workmates :) Got home from work to find Benj had the same from his work! We felt so lucky and loved :)

So on the Friday we woke up pretty early, I set up camp in the lounge with my laptop by 8am to do my work, and Benj pottered about packing and doing last minute jobs I asked him to haha! He mainly had to clean the flat so that was his morning! At about 12 I finally finished my content plan, emailed it over to my colleague and said BYE! We then tried to check in online for our flight. If you saw my previous post in Chat we had soooooo many issues with LastMinute, the biggest was them changing our 3 hour connection to 27. Ummmm no. They were crazy unhelpful and we eventually went to Virgin direct who said we had to call Delta, did that, and after a very frustrating call they rebooked us onto a whole new flight via Atlanta. Soooo, when it came to do our online check in, I couldn’t have been less surprised that it didn’t work. No combination of names and booking refs did.

Ben called Lastminute and explained the issue which again fell on deaf ears. Ben called Virgin who said LM had put us down for 2 different sectors and it was something only LM could change. Ggrrrrrrrr. We called LM back, demanded they change it, they said they would and to wait 20 mins. 20 mins came and went and we still couldn’t log in! Ben called Virgin aGAIN who must have taken pity on us as they just changed it. So we checked in yay! Unfortunately the flight saga doesn’t end here haha, watch this space!

We ate a quick lunch and then got ready and packed up all our final bits. At 3pm our friends Kat and Sean arrived, YAY! Ben used to work with Sean and we’ve known him for about 6 years, and when he met Kat a couple of years ago we just fell in love with her too :) They were so so so excited for the wedding - Kat had been to Florida a few times but Sean never had and after all our excited talking and planning over the last year he was so ready! I couldn’t believe they were here and it was finally happening, it felt so surreal! We were all running around the flat grabbing last second bits, Kat and Sean popped to Co Op to buy something they’d forgotten haha it was chaos!

At 3.20 the buzzer buzzed - the taxi was early eeeekkkkk! We gathered up everything and did a final check of the flat. We then had to say an emotional goodbye to our little furry princess :( :( I felt so sad cause I was gonna miss her so much, and bad to be leaving her for so long! Bad kitty parents! I knew she’d be okay though, Ben’s Auntie was coming twice a day to feed her and play with her for 2 weeks, then the third week our best man was moving in to look after her :) So she’d be okay. But it was horrible saying bye to her!

We took a little pic of me with my dress box :)

IMG_5287_zpsdd0dbqk9.jpg

We then all bundled outside to greet the taxi driver - I’d booked the taxi about 6 months earlier and it was £120 between the 4 of us I think so pretty good, as we had a lot of luggage! The journey was about an hour and 20 minutes and it absolutely flew by as we were all chattering so excitedly! I remember feeling so happy and excited, I’ll never forget that car journey :)

Selfies were taken!

IMG_5288_zpscfpqswkp.jpg

IMG_5290_zpsiegj8ev3.jpg

IMG_5291_zpse9mmykaa.jpg

We pulled up to the Sheraton Skyline Heathrow hotel and OMG it was posh! As you know me and Benj have only ever stayed at Travelodges before our holidays haha but Kat and Sean kindly paid for our overnight stay here as a wedding present! Yay! I’m afraid I don’t have many pics of the hotel as we had so much luggage to cart around I didn’t have a spare hand haha! But it was mega classy and we felt very lucky to be staying here! Kat checked us all in and we piled into the lift to go up to our rooms, which were next to each other! Handy! The room was so so so lovely :D We said bye to the guys and arranged to Whatsapp when we were ready :)

Me and Benj chilled on the bed for a bit, I painted my nails and we did the standard reading of the room service menus etc! We both changed and freshened up a bit, and at about 6pm the guys came in for champagne! Chilled in the sink as ever haha, classy! We all toasted the start of our holiday and enjoyed our bub while chatting about the coming days :)

IMG_7115_zpsjgj8hxne.jpg

IMG_7112_zpszfyiri33.jpg

IMG_7114_zps7suhrydw.jpg

Me in my natural habitat

IMG_7111_zpsrugxrxgv.jpg

At about 7 we headed downstairs to find a bar cause we’d finished the champagne hahah! We found a gorgeous poolside bar that felt like a tropical island! It was amazing! We each had a cocktail even though I had a minor freak out as they were £11 each haha, but Ben told me to shhh cause we were getting married and we deserved them :) Love him!

IMG_5293_zpsmkiumxrt.jpg

IMG_7113_zpsnrtjf5wj.jpg

We sat at the bar and chatted to the guys working which was super fun even though I spilled my drink everywhere at one point, oops! We got nuts and crisps too which was awesome cause we were all famished! At 8pm we paid the bill and headed to the Sports Bar for dinner. We got a cute table for 4 and ordered another round of cocktails….

I have to say, the food was so good here! Really yum! Although I was in such an fantastic mood and a few drinks in so I’m not sure I could have thought any food was bad! I got the lasagna, it was incredible!

IMG_5294_zpsic9kvgp2.jpg

Benj got the veggie burger with an exciting addition of cajun pineapple!

IMG_5297_zpslc3z3ept.jpg

Kat got a pizza with mushroom and pineapple

IMG_5298_zps9iaz69vb.jpg

I don’t seem to have a photo of what Sean had! :( but he had a burger!

Me and Benj also shared chips!

IMG_5301_zpsdigbhxto.jpg

IMG_5303_zps5e95pjj5.jpg

IMG_5302_zpsyda9sneb.jpg

IMG_5307_zps2vw82yed.jpg

We had a really lovely meal and it was so special to share it with our buddies. We finished up about 10 and said our goodbyes - we were getting up at 4am and Kat and Sean’s flight was even earlier than ours eekkk! We took lift selfies :D

IMG_5308_zpst9r6zxjm.jpg

And said an emotional goodbye - the next time we saw them would be in WALT DISNEY WORLD! Me and Benj got ready for bed and set our alarm for 4.10...tomorrow the adventure would really begin!

:D :D :D

It's so fun to see how happy and excited you all are in the pics! looks like a great start to the adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!