Been trying to book Le Cellier with no luck, but...

StuckInKS

DIS Veteran
So, I have been looking forward to trying Le Cellier this time and have had the hardest time finding any time slot (checking from 1pm to 9pm) open on the days that we will be in Epcot. I was going to do kids play and eat free (upgraded to DDP), but have been playing with prices to see if doing just kids play free and paying OOP for food would be better.

Turns out that, if I am calculating right, eating at Yachtmans instead would be just $12 more + extra $3 on the tip, so $15 total. This is, of course, with some modifications. At Le Cellier, DD6, DD5 and DD3 would all get their own meals and desserts, while at Yachtmans we would get them all two kids steak meals to share. My mom will also join us (at either place) and she always has plenty of food left over to share with the kids. Even if we did two kids meals at Le Cellier as well, that would only be another $10 cheaper. They would also get no dessert at Yachtsmans (unless the puzzle dessert thing is big enough for all of them) and instead they would each get a Mickey Bar or something in the park.

If we do get kids play and eat free (just 3-5 days of DDP, as we will do a split stay at AKL with 40% off PIN) we were going to use meal credits at Le Cellier, but maybe we can find somewhere else to eat with those credits and do Yachtmans OOP.

Which would you do?

Coral Reef instead.......forget YM! DH and I had a really bad 'expensive' meal there (we may go back one day, and give it another try)?
For the $$ if you have never been, Coral Reef is something your kids will enjoy.

Between Le Cellier and Yachtsman I'd pick Yachtsman for better food.

I couldn't get Le Cellier either and I booked on my 180 days out. I was bummed. We went with Marrakesh instead.

Coral Reef instead.......forget YM! DH and I had a really bad 'expensive' meal there (we may go back one day, and give it another try)?
For the $$ if you have never been, Coral Reef is something your kids will enjoy.

Coral Reef was on our original list, but my concern is that I dislike all seafood and I figured a steak at a steak place will be better than a steak at a seafood place. Plus, we all (even the kids) like steak a lot.

To top it off, I don't think it would be that great of an atmosphere if all the kids and some of the adults in the place are crowding the tank windows, like I have read reports about. My kids would not be allowed to do that where someone else is trying to enjoy a meal.

Thoughts on YM steak vs. Coral Reef steak from anyone who has had both?

Haven't been to YM, but had the steak at Coral Reef and it was great. Not as good as LeCellier, but still really good.

Coral Reef was on our original list, but my concern is that I dislike all seafood and I figured a steak at a steak place will be better than a steak at a seafood place. Plus, we all (even the kids) like steak a lot.

Thought on YM steak vs. Coral Reef steak from anyone who has had both?
Coral Reef has a nice steak my DD always gets :) The New York Strip....and she is very picky!

http://allears.net/menu/menu_cr.htm

I couldn't get Le Cellier either and I booked on my 180 days out. I was bummed. We went with Marrakesh instead.

I might keep trying, but if I can't get Le Cellier and want a good steak meal on property (while staying under $150 for the six of us) then YM may be the only choice. We had Tutto last visit and none of the TS in the other lands interest me, except maybe the place in England.

Haven't been to YM, but had the steak at Coral Reef and it was great. Not as good as LeCellier, but still really good.

If we do YM, we will have those extra credits to go somewhere else. I'm thinking Coral Reef, Tutto or the place in England. If we do CR, I can compare it against YM myself. Sounds like a good plan! (and more steak :rotfl:)

Yachtsman is one of only 2 TS restaurants in all of WDW we will not return to (The other is H & V at DHS).
We have been 3 times and we really did not enjoy the food at all.
The atmosphere is wonderful, very adult oriented, and the service was great. But we just did not enjoy the food at all. Our steaks were a huge disappointment.

I might keep trying, but if I can't get Le Cellier and want a good steak meal on property (while staying under $150 for the six of us) then YM may be the only choice. We had Tutto last visit and none of the TS in the other lands interest me, except maybe the place in England.

LeCellier for Lunch - 2 adults, 2 teenagers, only one dessert = $240.00.

LeCellier for Lunch - 2 adults, 2 teenagers, only one dessert = $240.00.

Our two adult entrees will be $70 and 3 kids meals (come with drinks and dessert) at $9 each are $27. Add sodas for me and DH and I got $115 with tax. The sodas may be a dollar or two more than my estimate; I assumed about $2.50 each plus tax. I'm assuming around $20 for tip. We don't do apps, the adults won't do dessert and we won't be drinking. YM came out to $132 + $23 tip. This is according to me menu prices on allears.

I would go with the steak at Hollywood Brown Derby. It's a signature restaurant, but is a little cheaper than the other signatures. My DS's GF said they had the best steak she's eaten, & she always orders steak. Some people have negative reviews for it, but I wonder how long it's been since they ate there. We marked it off our list years ago, then decided to try it again last year. That meal was easily in our top 2 or 3 meals we've ever had at WDW.

As for YSH vs. LC, I would choose YSH w/o a 2nd thought. I can see why someone using DDP would choose LC. You get a good steak w/ an even better value (or perceived value) for 1 TS credit. OTOH, I don't understand why anyone paying OOP would choose LC rather than go to a signature restaurant for a superior steak that's only a few $ more.

I would go with the steak at Hollywood Brown Derby. It's a signature restaurant, but is a little cheaper than the other signatures. My DS's GF said they had the best steak she's eaten, & she always orders steak. Some people have negative reviews for it, but I wonder how long it's been since they ate there. We marked it off our list years ago, then decided to try it again last year. That meal was easily in our top 2 or 3 meals we've ever had at WDW.

As for YSH vs. LC, I would choose YSH w/o a 2nd thought. I can see why someone using DDP would choose LC. You get a good steak w/ an even better value (or perceived value) for 1 TS credit. OTOH, I don't understand why anyone paying OOP would choose LC rather than go to a signature restaurant for a superior steak that's only a few $ more.

I never thought about HBD, but just went to check the menu and if DH and I both got steak and then ordered two chicken kids meals, it would still be $121.50, almost as much as YSH. But...they don't have a kids steak option and I really don't see my kids being content with any of the kids offerings while we are eating steak, especially DD6. Plus, we were thinking about cutting out DHS, so that we spend more time at AKL while there (probably do AK for a few hours those two nights) and still get in three days of MK and two days of Epcot.

I think that if we do kids stay and eat free, we will do LC ifI can get a ressie. If I can't get a ressie or if we decide to do only kids stay free, then we will probably give YSH a shot.

Thanks for all the opinions!

I never thought about HBD, but just went to check the menu and if DH and I both got steak and then ordered two chicken kids meals, it would still be $121.50, almost as much as YSH. But...they don't have a kids steak option and I really don't see my kids being content with any of the kids offerings while we are eating steak, especially DD6. Plus, we were thinking about cutting out DHS, so that we spend more time at AKL while there (probably do AK for a few hours those two nights) and still get in three days of MK and two days of Epcot.

I think that if we do kids stay and eat free, we will do LC ifI can get a ressie. If I can't get a ressie or if we decide to do only kids stay free, then we will probably give YSH a shot.

Thanks for all the opinions!

If you are going to be at AKL, why don't you do Jiko ? Great service and atmosphere, some of the best steaks on property, and from the kids menu at Allears :

Grilled Chicken Breast with mashed potatoes, veggies and fruit $9.00
Grilled Filet of Beef with mashed potatoes, veggies and fruit $13.00

Hope this helps :thumbsup2

When are you going? I've got a Le Cellier lunch for 4 and dinner for 7 that I'm planning to cancel on 6/12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter