Beating the heat!

I would add - quit wear black and wear a hat! I see so many wearing black in the park and black absorbs the heat - also, a hat will help keep your scalp from getting burnt….

I have seen the new cooling towels. The advertising says soak and leave in the fridge overnight and they will keep cool for an hour, maybe more! Seeing as I will be spending most of the day in the parks in Sept, that seems somewhat inadequate. Do they really work? Are there other good options?

We just periodically re-soak ours in the water fountains (and wring them out) and it gets them cool again. They definitely help.

How do you do the cooling towels? I’ve read of people putting them in ziploc bags of ice, and since the ice is loose, but in a bag they won’t say anything at the gate?
No they wont say anything because they no longer to a bag check at disney. You simply walk through a metal detector now.

No they wont say anything because they no longer to a bag check at disney. You simply walk through a metal detector now.
Most people don´t go through a bag check, but we did since they didn´t like what they saw in the metal detector, which was nothing. You may get pulled over.

Last edited:

We have cooling towels, mist fan bottles, hats that have water beads to hold water for cooling, and I still worry about being too hot. Oh, and I do plan to bring hydrofasks for cold water/cirkle lid fits on the hydroflask for flavors too.

We are heading down in a week and it will be in the 90s.

As a side note, I ordered a few misting fan bottles from Temu and the one I got my youngest is the nicest/sturdiest/fan works better than the ones I got for the adults. His is also manual and doesn't rely on batteries, which sounds counter to cooling, but it works so well that you aren't really cranking much at all to get a great bit of air.

The OPs trip is over, but what works for us! Getting here family out the door in the first place is a chore. And coming back midday starts that over. For the hottest hours, we use a combination of TS meals, and indoor attractions—philharmagic, hall of presidents, carousel of progress, tiki room in MK. American adventure, and Land/Sea attractions in Epcot; Nemo, FoTK, bird show, rafiki in AK, Frozen singalong, holiday shorts, muppets, One Man’s Dream, Brown Derby in HS (all close together) , plus monorail to Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter