Beach Club or BoardWalk??

pdolan

Earning My Ears
Planning Disney for October 22-27 and we think we have it down to the BC or BW. Any thoughts/suggestions as to which one we should stay at? I'll be traveling with my DH and DDs ages 8 & 4. I've heard that some of the BoardWalk rooms tend to be louder at night - does that depend on the room view you request? I am not familiar with the set up of the hotel at all. If we request a waterview is that a view of the pool or a view of the lake and is that the side of the hotel where all of the shops are? HELP!

I would choose BC since at BC you would get use of the Stormalong Bay pool there - best pool on property!

I'd stay at the Dolphin instead....I personally like their pool/slide better to kids your ages.....it's cheaper too....and I like her location best. Book a balcony room - facing Epcot ball and Illuminations each night....Room 8029 is lovely....LOVELY.

there is a lot of great info in the BW FAQ thread at the top of this board.... we loved the BWI!:D

Thanks for pointing out the BWI FAQ thread. I don't read this board or post much, so I am unfamiliar. That was a great help!

We had the same dilemma. Ended up with the Boardwalk (checkin in 13 days). I have kids who are 9 and 7. I felt the we had of a better chance at a nice room view with standard room reservation at BWI and after seeing pictures of the decor in each, I liked the BWI better. Having stormalong bay at BC would be nice, but we plan visits to both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, so felt that the BWI pool would suit us just fine for other pool time (and may not be as crowded). Plus there seems to be more choices of food in close proximity to BWI. Hope this helps in some way. -HM

We just returned from BC and the pool is totally incredible. Would definitely stay there over BW.

Pdolan,

I have never stayed at BW, but have stayed at YC/BC. It's more or less a six of one, half-dozen of another situation. They are both ideally situated for access to both Epcot and MGM. Personally I'd take the YC/BC because it's a little less "busy" at night on that side of the Boardwalk. If you wanted to get away from that, the YC/BC is the way to go, not to mention the best pool on property!!! You can also see Illuminations from your balcony there, especially a lake-view room at YC.

I would check out the YC/BC FAQ as well. It's really done up well.

Whatever choice you make, you won't be disappointed.

Brian

I don't think you can go wrong with either one...

A couple of thoughts...

I am not sure which resort you are referring to when you say BW. the Boardwalk Inn and YC/BC will have about the same size rooms. If you are staying at the Boardwalk Villas or BC Villas the Studio rooms are larger and include a small kitchen area (microwave, Refrig, Coffee Maker).

The pool is nicer at BC/YC/BCV, but the pool at BWV/BWI is pretty nice also. If you are going to TL or BB, the pool may not make the difference.

The Boardwalk area is busier, but the noise isn't that bad. Request a higher floor. Both resorts are wonderful.

We just came back from BWV's a week ago.:( We miss it already. I posted athread here on this board with a description of BWV's if you want more info on it.

We were having the same dilemma as you for our next trip in 2004. My kids are DS almost 3 and DD 1 year. We thought we would do the BCV's next trip to get SAB pool. We went over there a couple of times and it is much quieter than the Boardwalk. It is a gorgeous resort. The pool is unbelievable.

We decided to stay at BWV's though. We loved the excitement and our Boardwalk veiw was awesome. (I know we were lucky to get it(the veiw) but the pool veiw wouldn't be so bad either.) It is fun to people watch. I did hear the noise and it did bug me but it seemed to end around 11:00...that I noticed....it was mainly a bell from a game that was the culprit. There is so much to do at night. I thought the pool was pretty fun too. It's not SAB but it was quite amazing in itself.

So! I would say if you want some peace and quiet and want a cool pool go to BC or BCV's. If you like lots to see and do, try the BW orBWV's. Like someone else said, they are both great you really can't go wrong with either! Good luck and have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter