Be Honest - Why Did You Purchase Your AP

Why Did You Purchase Your AP? - Be Honest

• To Get A Room Discount

• For Unlimited Access To The Parks

• Other - Please Specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
robinb,

I'm with you on that one. When I went for 10 days in Feb/March it was so nice not having to worry about only going for a half day when I arrived and a couple hours on the day I left.

I love the freedom of knowing I can go whenever.... plus, if I only go for a few hours I don't feel like I have "wasted" a day.

I feel the same way- even if I just wnat to go for a parade or one of the light shows at nite-it is not a waste! Plus it gave me the freedom to do this mini-solo trip in 3 days that I wouldn't have done otherwise! Deb

When I went in 2001 I was always trying to plan to get the most out of my ticket, but when I bought in AP in Feb, I went when I wanted and if I only stayed for a couple hours, I knew that I could come back later or not until the next day and no big deal.

I voted "other" because ours were free, since we are having a custom wedding at WDW. I know that puts me ahead of the game, especially since we at least have the wedding discount on rooms, but I really was hoping for even more of a break. Between us (hotel, food, wedding) and our 40+ guests (hotel, food, tickets), I can't even estimate how much money Disney is getting from our wedding.

I originally got my AP the first year we decided to do 2 trips. Ended up going 3 times that year and for the past 3 years. Its nice not to have to worry about going to a park for a few hours and "wasting" a day. The extra discounts were just an added benefit and never factored into taking a trip. It was just the difference between what level hotel to stay at

I haven't purchased mine yet, but when I do it will be due to the fact that I'll be spending 3 months in Florida next winter and I'll be able to go to the parks as often as I like..

I would also like to be able to use it for a tentative family trip this coming Nov/Dec., but if I can't get accomodations with a discount that I feel matches the value of the room, we'll stay off-site instead.. :flower:

because you didn't have a choice for "both." I purchase AP's to have unlimited access to the parks and to get a room discount. BOTH.

PamNC

Purchased APs for our family in January of 2003. Have renewed all 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) each year since.

The discounts came as a pleasant surprise to us. We knew as DVC owners that we would try to get to WDW twice per calander year, so the AP seemed the way to go. Originally, we never intended to use the AP for anything else than park access.

However, we have used the AP discount for rooms for 5 of our 7 last trips. Primarily on the weekends to free up those DVC points for week nights. Love to stay at two different resorts. Love the "hotel" service after 4 or 5 nights in a DVC resort.

Time will tell how this pans out.

I can't imagine calling CR every day to find out about discounts. Why not leave that to people like Mary at Mousesavers?

Believe me, I love WDW. We are hooked. But I also have a life. :)

I originally got my AP's after years of going to WDW and finally figuring out that it was much more economical to do that. My three children and I visit WDW each year for a total of 19 days. An AP is the best buy for me. I'm a DVC member, so the AP rate doesn't play a huge role in my plans, however I did enjoy an AP discount during our most recent trip (just back last Wednesday) when I added a night on the front of our trip. We stayed at POFQ and loved it!

I bought ours (3 adult) because we went for 15 nights the first trip. We used it again for another 7 days. The discounted rooms really helped but we spent plenty with a number of tours, character meals, & other stuff. I definately did not buy for the room discount but was a great perk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter