BCVs new check-in/check-out and misc.

Pinnie

<font color=green>Working a Dream Job<br><font col
I just returned from a 3 day weekend at the BCVs in a one bedroom (166) by the quiet pool.

This trip was a NO PARK trip for me. We were attending a wedding/rehearsal dinner for a friend in Lake Mary on Friday/Saturday nights and decided to stay at WDW and use our points. DH and DS went down last Monday and stayed in a studio at OKW. Our Owner's Locker was there waiting for us. DS was quite impressed with the idea and is kicking himself for not coming up with it himself. Since DS lives on the other side of the state, this trip gave him and my DH a chance to spend some "guy time" together and do some major parkage. I had to work so I came down on Thursday evening. Of course, my flight ended up getting in late, but bless the DH because he brought a book to MCO and passed the time.

Our one bedroom was in great shape. DS pronounced the sofa bed "A comfortable bed that turns into a sofa! "

We did go to DTD and eat lunch at EARL'S and did a lot of Christmas shopping. On Saturday, I got my hair done at the salon at the BCVs. I did think that a simple wash and blow dry at $50 was a bit expensive, but I didn't have a chance to go offsite.

After both the rehearsal and wedding, we went back to DTD to soak up the atmosphere and get hot fudge sundaes.

I love the new CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT area at the BCVs now. There were NO lines yesterday to check out. No need to go the the lobby of the BC to check in and out! The check in desk is located where the "DVC selling area" was in the main lobby of the BCVs.

All in all, I had a great time using my DVC points again, having my Owner's Locker available and checking out at the villas.

I'm heading back in Oct for a 3 day weekend for Food and Wine and will be seen grazing at the booths.

pinnie

When did they start that? We were there in June and we checked in and out at the BC desk.

I believe it just started over this past weekend!!! DH checked in at the BC on Thursday and when he was going to the Marketplace, he noted the CMs at the desk. He asked if this was the new check in area and was told it was "in transition" and there were stickers and lemonade in the drawing room. Yesterday I was able to check out at the villas.

pinnie

I've been using the salon at BW/BC as 'my' salon for years (followed the stylist from another resort) I agree that at close to $100 for a cut/blowdry it is pushing my limits for cost - in fact I am debating today waiting until my trip to BC this weekend for a cut, or to have it done before I leave.

I WOULD add that the cost does reflect the convenience; my 'other' salon is at my home airport and I pay a similar amount. (For someone like me who is literally never home during the year, I have to improvise. My doctor is also located in an airport, as is my pharmacist!)

And the quality of the cut at WDW is very good, at least from my stylist.

What is Owner's Locker?

As far as the check in desk...we'll be checking out of a studio and checking into a one br, will they do that as early as 7:00 am? Any idea of their hours?

What is Owner's Locker?

As far as the check in desk...we'll be checking out of a studio and checking into a one br, will they do that as early as 7:00 am? Any idea of their hours?

www.ownerslocker.com I do believe there are threads on this forum about the service.

I honestly don't know if the desk is staffed 24/7. I do know there was someone there when I walked by at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday!

pinnie

sounds great, but isn't 99.00 a little pricey for storing stuff?

I believe it just started over this past weekend!!! DH checked in at the BC on Thursday and when he was going to the Marketplace, he noted the CMs at the desk. He asked if this was the new check in area and was told it was "in transition" and there were stickers and lemonade in the drawing room. Yesterday I was able to check out at the villas.

pinnie

This has actually been going on for a couple of weeks now, we had some reports of it in mid August. It seems the desk is staffed from either 8 or 9 in the morning until 6 at night.

I like the idea of a seperate check-in desk for BCV, sounds like a nice change. Is that the desk in the hallway right outside the marketplace?

No, it's probably the desk in the villas lobby. Used to be a desk for the model down the hall.

On Saturday, I got my hair done at the salon at the BCVs.
I'm feeling pretty silly, because I've stayed at BCV pretty often and can't figure out where the hair salon is. I've thought my way up and down the resort and can't for the life of me think where it is. :blush:

Glad to hear you had such a nice stay. I hope the new check-in area is a permanent change.

Near Beaches and Cream - by the fitness centre

I'm feeling pretty silly, because I've stayed at BCV pretty often and can't figure out where the hair salon is. I've thought my way up and down the resort and can't for the life of me think where it is. :blush:

Glad to hear you had such a nice stay. I hope the new check-in area is a permanent change.

I'm sure you've passed it a zillion times, it's called Periwigs. Right between the arcade and the fitness center.

I've been using the salon at BW/BC as 'my' salon for years (followed the stylist from another resort) I agree that at close to $100 for a cut/blowdry it is pushing my limits for cost - in fact I am debating today waiting until my trip to BC this weekend for a cut, or to have it done before I leave.

I WOULD add that the cost does reflect the convenience; my 'other' salon is at my home airport and I pay a similar amount. (For someone like me who is literally never home during the year, I have to improvise. My doctor is also located in an airport, as is my pharmacist!)

And the quality of the cut at WDW is very good, at least from my stylist.

Funny thing is Al Weiss does not use the Disney salons as most Disney employees don't, too expensive. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter