BCV Views

las3888

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We have an upcoming trip to BCV and it has been several years since we have stayed there. I think we have stayed there twice, but both times we have had a pool view. We are thinking of requesting something else, I gather there is EPCOT or Woods view. Can you actually see fireworks from higher floors in any of these areas? What are these 2 areas like? I do like the pool view, but we like to sit out on the balcony in the late afternoon and I am thinking that facing west might be a little too sunny.

TIA!

I've seen the fireworks perfectly from some of the woods view rooms, but then again, I've barely been able to see the fireworks from some others. The woods view rooms run along the "inside" or the big "U". If, as you come off the elevator you make a sharp left and get a room on the left, you're in a woods view room with a great fireworks view. However, if you turn right off the elevators, go down the hall and take another right by the trash room, then get a room on the right (are you still with me?), you have to lean WAY out to the left to see the fireworks. However, those rooms are the quietest ones I've found, thus usually the area we request. If you don't turn right by the trash room, and keep going straight, the rooms on the right used to be called Epcot view (but not anymore, I don't think). They have good fireworks views, but they overlook the road, and the noise from the traffic is very distracting to some (like us). Fortunately, over the years, we've only gotten rooms there twice, but although I like to sit on the balcony, the noise from the traffic kept me inside with the slider shut. I guess that's what happens when you're a country girl!

Hi Simba's Mom,

Thank you for your reply! I like the area that you are describing. I don't think we want to overlook the service road. Is the Woods view room that doesn't have good fireworks view close to the walkway to get to the back door of EPCOT? That would be another item on our wish list--closer to SAB, BC, walkway to EPCOT, versus being farther away. How do you usually word your request to get in that area? And I'm curious if they usually can get you in that area or not....

Thanks!

Yes, those woods view rooms have a staircase at the end of the "jog" that takes you down to the walkway. We ask for woods view, upper floor, quiet area. My guess is that it's the "quiet area" request that gives us a room in that jog.

Good advice. I have stayed in the EPCOT view rooms and the great fireworks view (for the ONE time we made the effort to get home and watch was not worth the road noise from the service road below. Maybe tough to get exactly what you want......pool view sounds pretty good to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter