BCV Labor Day Weekend Trip

kes601

DIS Veteran
Just thought I’d give a little recap of our short weekend trip that just wrapped up……

We landed at MCO at 7:25 in the morning and were one of 3 groups on the Magical Express. We got to BCV at about 8:45a and decided to try Cape May for breakfast. We enjoyed it, but it was nothing special….however we were starving.

We had planned to go to Epcot the first day but saw wait times at Hollywood weren’t too bad so hopped on a boat and arrived. We basically walked onto RNR and TOT and then headed over to Toy Story Land. We were able to ride Slinky with about a 40 minute wait and then TSM with about a 15 or 20 minute wait. We finished up at Mickey and Minnie’s with maybe a 30 minute wait.

It was then 12:30 or so and we headed back to BCV hoping our room might be ready (even though no text). Through some pixie dust the person at the front desk was able to get our room type changed from hearing accessible to a regular studio and we got into our room.

After taking a couple hour break we went over to Epcot and walked onto Soarin’ and Journey and then decided we were beat so called it a day. We were able to get reservations at Yachtsman at 5:05p so ate there. Best steak on property in my opinion. The French Onion soup and roasted mushrooms were also delicious. We will be back.

The next day we started at Hollywood Studios. This particular day they held us at the tap sties until 8:30 (we were up front) and then let you walk back to the ride you wanted, they did not hold us anywhere. We were one of 3 groups on the first Slinky train of the day. We then rode Saucers by ourselves. They even said we could stay on if we wanted to, but we instead headed over to TSM and basically walked on there too. Next was Mickey and Minnie’s with a 10 minute wait. When we got off of that our boarding group for ROTR was called (group 10) so we went there. We had only 2 other groups on our transport vehicle and basically walked right into the interrogation room. The ride ran smoothly and we were off.

Since we had the AP Remy’s preview that day we had a bonus all day EP park pass loaded onto our plans so we then went and rope dropped EP and went to Frozen and were on with about a 5 minute wait. From there we did 3 or 4 food booths in a mostly empty World Showcase before going for our Remy’s ride. Dinner that night was at Ale & Compass.

The last day we decided to just do Epcot as we had Boo Bash later. We were first in line at Frozen and then decided to do 3 other food booths before riding Journey and then going for the DVC Remy’s preview. Longer line than day 1, but still worth it.

Boo Bash last night was a blast. One mistake we made though was going over at about 5:30. We should have waited as we got tired before the end of the party. But, crowds were low. We walked onto Pirates, Big Thunder, Splash, Haunted, and Pooh. Also saw all the calvaclades and took pictures of some characters. We called it a night at 11:30 and went to the buses. A bus pulled up about 5 minutes after we got in line and we were back to Beach Club.

Some other thoughts on the trip….

BCV was the most relaxing and quiet (other than EP fireworks) we have stayed at. Totally different vibe than expected and we loved it. BWV used to be my favorite but now it is BCV.

Remy’s for us was sort of “meh”. It’s not in the same class as ROTR and I don’t think it is ”worthy” of a doing the virtual queue. It’s fun and innovative, but just isn’t something I see myself doing a lot. Frozen and Soarin’ are better in my opinion.

Now my annoyance…..bus times DO NOT WORK for us. Over the summer when we did a 3 way split the bus times in the app worked for BLT and RIV, but I think BWV did something screwy when we checked in and we could not see bus times there, the page errored out in the app. My sister, who was staying at BWI was able to see them. Same deal at BCV, no bus times in the app. If we click bus times it says it couldn’t be loaded and presents an error. We asked the front desk but they chalked it up to the app having a bug.

At any rate, definitely worth the trip. 102 days to go until our Copper Creek Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter