Barca33Runner's Journal: Thanks For Noticin' Me(Comments Welcome)

^^^Me, as a Nats fan today. UGH.
I feel your pain. :(
I had also reverted to de facto Cleveland sports fan defensive strategy, but I was willing to hang in until the Yankees took the lead. Was disappointing it happened so fast. Oh well, time to watch the over-the-hill, terrible fitting pieces the Cavs have assembled and get my hopes up just because LeBron can still drag any roster of has beens and never weres to about 30 more wins than they reasonably deserve.
So business as usual in Cleveland, is what you’re saying.

My big saving grace is that I never got into the Browns. I think that has saved many a Sunday for me.

So business as usual in Cleveland, is what you’re saying.

My big saving grace is that I never got into the Browns. I think that has saved many a Sunday for me.

I was a fan before they left, but when they came back they were so obviously run by incompetent morons that I never regained that passion. It would have been fine if they were bad because they had a plan and just got unlucky. They've still never had a plan that any logical person should get behind.

Today was one of the days that makes the early mornings necessary. Out the door at 7 AM and not home until 8:30 PM. There’s just nothing left in me to go for a run after I get home. It’s pretty much eat/shower/sleep at that point.

Back to the early mornings tomorrow. It was definitely nice to have one day where I could sleep past 8 AM before doing my run. Wish I had more exciting things to share, but it's a pretty boring time of the year. All work and no play and all that...

Hope you got back on the early morning routine today! Saturday sounds like a crazy day for you. YIKES.

That's every other day for me during harvest, got home after 8:00 again tonight. I'm lucky and I don't have to stay late everyday, but it's still pretty exhausting doing it three days a week. I know others have it much worse than me and I'm grateful that it's only a couple months every year.

Waking up early is still going great. Looking at the time and knowing when I've got to be up in the morning it feels like I should get some sleep.

Oh no, lost the streak because I was too tired and didn’t remember to post last night. Oh well, training is still going well and that’s the more important thing. I’ll just start a new posting streak today.

Clicked off the alarm for the first time this morning. I haven't been getting enough sleep and I needed to get an extra hour this morning. I am going to wake up early tomorrow and just replace my rest day for the week, so I don't think it's going to break me.

You've been really solid, so moving the run a day isn't going to hurt anything. Sometimes you really do just have to sleep!

Headed to sleep and feeling kind of excited for the first time in a while at the prospects of truly getting things back on track. Still a long way to go, and I'm sure a lot of tough moments, but I know I've got it in me and getting back into a routine has alleviated a lot of the anxiety I was experiencing.

Headed to sleep and feeling kind of excited for the first time in a while at the prospects of truly getting things back on track. Still a long way to go, and I'm sure a lot of tough moments, but I know I've got it in me and getting back into a routine has alleviated a lot of the anxiety I was experiencing.

This is great to read. I'm so glad to hear you are feeling excited again.

Calling it a night early tonight because I was exhausted all day and need some extra rest. It's not exactly encouraging that workouts that used to be easy are now considerably more difficult, but the goal is to get back to the point that they are easy and to keep pushing the threshold of what I can achieve. Hopefully a good night of sleep is all that I need this time around.

I have been falling so far behind in keeping up with all the goings on in the other threads on this board. I mainly only follow the Marathon, Dopey, and Running threads but recently I've been forced to catch up on them at night and haven't been posting as often. I rarely have any insight, so I guess it's not a big deal; but I don't think I'm getting the same experience when skimming through 20+ posts and trying to get the gist of what is going on. I think the reluctance to post stemmed a little from my own sheepishness at feeling unworthy to offer any opinions when I had fallen so far behind in my training. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to being a full participant in those threads and maybe even be able to start back up on some other journals in the future (talk about feeling sheepish). Will likely post in the morning tomorrow to mix it up. Off to bed, future barca33runner will thank me when the alarm goes off in the morning.

I think I’m going to start using Wednesday to list 5 songs that I enjoy/am enjoying on my runs. It might add a little structure to the journal and something to break a little of the monotony. As is pretty evident, I’m almost as bad at posting about my training as I am at actually following a training plan.

Music is, of course, subjective. I am the same as most people, my musical taste is unimpeachable to this limited audience of one. Most may find it easier to believe that I am tone deaf. With that disclaimer, and in no particular order, here are five songs I’m liking on my runs right now:

Clearest Blue by Chvrches- As with most of the songs I’ll list, I generally like this artist. Clearest Blue has a nice build, so it works well on my runs.

Little of Your Love by Haim-This song just has a fun and upbeat rhythm to it.

Anastasia by Slash- I like when Slash plays the guitar.

Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks- I like when Stevie Nicks sings.

Lies of Serpents, A River of Tears by Zao- One of my favorite bands growing up. It’s metalcore, which is a very acquired taste. What mixes better than Disney and metal?

Anyway, I guess I probably should include a Disney song every week just to keep a little more on topic. I guess I’ll start that next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter