Bar in Diagon Alley?

Arbond

Explorer & Sharer
When I accidentally stumbled into The Hog's Head Pub in Hogsmeade, I found an oasis of dark, cool refreshment. It was splendid timing on a hot, muggy afternoon.

I have maybe heard that there is a bar in Diagon Alley? If so, what is it, and how can I find it?

I forget the name of it, but there is a beer place in Diagon Ally.....as you walk down the main street, turn left at Florean Fortescues and the beer place is on the left [across the street from the bathrooms]

Its called the "Fountain Of Fair Fortune" and they sell Draught beer, Dragon Scale, Wizards Brew, Fire Whiskey as well as non alcoholic drinks (Butterbeer, Fishy Green Ale, and Gillywater). It is inside and airconditioned with no seating. When you enter Diagon Alley walk straight up the street and it will be on your left

There is also the" Hopping Pot" which sells non-alcoholic as well as Fire Whiskey, Dragon Scale and Wizards brew. They also sell cornish pasties. This is outdoor walk up, but there are some picnic tables to set at. It is on the right past The Owl Post.

Buy your beer at the Fountain of Fair Fortune, then head around the corner into Knockturn Alley with it. Cool and dark, and even at the height of crowds over Easter weekend it was still virtually empty. No seating, but you can lean up against a wall...that's what we did.

Its called the "Fountain Of Fair Fortune" and they sell Draught beer, Dragon Scale, Wizards Brew, Fire Whiskey as well as non alcoholic drinks (Butterbeer, Fishy Green Ale, and Gillywater). It is inside and airconditioned with no seating. When you enter Diagon Alley walk straight up the street and it will be on your left

There is also the" Hopping Pot" which sells non-alcoholic as well as Fire Whiskey, Dragon Scale and Wizards brew. They also sell cornish pasties. This is outdoor walk up, but there are some picnic tables to set at. It is on the right past The Owl Post.

I had a great experience at the Hopping Pot on our most recent visit. We were finishing up a long day in the parks at Diagon Alley and decided to get some Butterbeer Ice Cream for the kids and a Wizards Ale for me. We ended up at the Hopping Pot and it's cozy, little corner of the Wizarding World. There was really no one else around. The picnic tables were empty, so we sat and leisurely enjoyed our treats while we watched and listened to Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees on the nearby stage. I ended up getting a second ale. Very nice!

There are a couple of benches for sitting on in Knockturn Alley.....they`re up against the walls nearer the side of The Leaky Cauldron.

I had a great experience at the Hopping Pot on our most recent visit. We were finishing up a long day in the parks at Diagon Alley and decided to get some Butterbeer Ice Cream for the kids and a Wizards Ale for me. We ended up at the Hopping Pot and it's cozy, little corner of the Wizarding World. There was really no one else around. The picnic tables were empty, so we sat and leisurely enjoyed our treats while we watched and listened to Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees on the nearby stage. I ended up getting a second ale. Very nice!

It`s quiet usually during HHN.....we go in for a break from the crowds and have a drink.......only ever had non alcoholic drinks there too......DH would maybe like the ale.......might get him to try it this year........

Hopping Pot - outdoors, no A/C, but some picnic table seating
Fountain of Fair Fortune - drinks to go, purchase your beverage and then take it somewhere else to sit, you can go to Knockturn Alley and see if any of the few benches are available, Knockturn Alley is dark and cool (or warm when it's cold out)
Leaky Cauldron - indoors, plenty of seats, food and drinks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!