Banking Question

ashleyann31

Thankful for Phoenicians
Hi all! We just joined DVC and still learning some of the ins and outs.

Our use year is February, so we have 75 points in our account right now. We will be able to book in October for our September 2018 trip. We are supposed to bank our 2017 points by September 30. Do I bank them or are they what I will use for booking? Just confused if my points are counted at the booking date or check-in date since they fall on either side of our use year.

I think I may be making this more confusing than it is, so thank you to anyone who understands me! :thumbsup2

Hi all! We just joined DVC and still learning some of the ins and outs.

Our use year is February, so we have 75 points in our account right now. We will be able to book in October for our September 2018 trip. We are supposed to bank our 2017 points by September 30. Do I bank them or are they what I will use for booking? Just confused if my points are counted at the booking date or check-in date since they fall on either side of our use year.

I think I may be making this more confusing than it is, so thank you to anyone who understands me! :thumbsup2

Points are based on date of stay and are taken from your account when you make the reservation.

With a February use year and a September 2018 stay, you can use banked 2017, current 2018, borrowed 2019. All those points are in your account now. If you go into the member website, go to My DVC Membership > My Vacation Points, scroll down to Contract Information. You should see tabs for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

Points are based on date of stay and are taken from your account when you make the reservation.

With a February use year and a September 2018 stay, you can use banked 2017, current 2018, borrowed 2019. All those points are in your account now. If you go into the member website, go to My DVC Membership > My Vacation Points, scroll down to Contract Information. You should see tabs for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.

Let's say she's going in March of next year and has already made reservations, does she need to bank the current points or will the system automatically use them when booking? And if she doesn't bank them first, but then has to cancel around October (after her banking deadline), what happens to those current points? I'm new to all this, too!

Let's say she's going in March of next year and has already made reservations, does she need to bank the current points or will the system automatically use them when booking? And if she doesn't bank them first, but then has to cancel around October (after her banking deadline), what happens to those current points? I'm new to all this, too!
With a February use year, March and September are in the same use year. The answer doesn't change. Points are allocated when you book. If you want to use 2017 points for a trip in your 2018 use year, they need to be banked before you make the reservation.

With a February use year, March and September are in the same use year. The answer doesn't change. Points are allocated when you book. If you want to use 2017 points for a trip in your 2018 use year, they need to be banked before you make the reservation.

Thank you! That clears it up perfectly!

The only way 2017 points can be used for a stay after 1/31/2018 is for them to be banked. It's not automatic. If 2017 are not banked, the system will use 2018 for a stay 2/1/2018 or after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!