$$ bank accounts

snookhams

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
As we are visiting USA more and more and with the good exchange rate at the moment we are considering a US Dollar bank account, but our current bank does not offer this. Is there anyone on the dis with one of these accounts that could offer some advice. Thanks

I have a US$ bank account with Citibank here in the UK, I also have one with Bank Of America in Florida. The one in Florida was because when I had a house out there it made the transactions a lot easier, but I opened the one in London because moving money out of the US while in the UK was nigh on impossible.

The Citibank account has been pretty useful, I have a debit card (with a visa logo) on it to use in shops/restaurants etc and an ATM card for drawing money out (either in the US or from my branch in London). If I hadn't had the house in the US or wasn't planning to go back over to live I'd have closed the BOA account down as they require you to personally visit the branch for a number of transactions that are impractical if you're living in the UK.

As you're from Barking it shouldn't be too much of a journey to get into London, I use the branch that is just along from Monument Tube station towards the Tower, I think it's in Great Tower Street. There is also a branch near Covent Garden.

Thanks for the information, I am going to look for a website for more information and then maybe visit the branch on my next trek to town!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter