Bad idea to go to Pleasure Island and IoA the next day?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
Long story but instead of trying to do two water parks and run around all over the place from WP to parks, etc... I have played with the idea of going to PI twice instead so we can use the 4 pluses. I really can't see us going to DQ twice. I do like nightclubs. The PI nights would be Tuesday and Friday. Wednesday plan is to go to IoA via Mears Shuttle. I would know better than to drink a lot Tuesday night of course but would still be up late. What is the latest time the Mears Shuttles leave in the morning?

On Saturday we plan to go to MK and if need to can take a mid-day nap. But with IoA it's on the other side of town .. I can't exactly nap on a bench! :angel:

So I figured if possible we could head to IoA by 10AM at the latest. I know everyone says to get there when it opens, but hopefully on a Wed in May it won't be so crowded and we will do okay.

the mears shuttle comes when you reserve it.

or maybe I don't understand your questions?

there aren't mears shuttle waiting around to take WDW guests to US/IOA.

you have to call them, set up a time, date, place for them to come get you - you need your departure time too.

well I won't - but then I have a problem with IOA RR in the first place - these are outside....

I am not scare to ride on WDW -because they are inside - but outside RR - no I am not that brave....
:rotfl: :rolleyes1

I've done it before - it's not the late hours that will bother you, it's the sauce ;) Just don't get too crazy or polluted at PI and the 'coasters won't bother you one bit.

This assumes that you don't have trouble with rides making you sick normally!

jerbroni said:
I've done it before - it's not the late hours that will bother you, it's the sauce ;) Just don't get too crazy or polluted at PI and the 'coasters won't bother you one bit.

This assumes that you don't have trouble with rides making you sick normally!

:rotfl:
We have no trouble with rides but we'll go light on the "sauce" that night anyways. Aren't really heavy drinkers here anyway so it won't be a problem.

Hi marriedmarylander!

In regards to Mears, I recall that last year Mears picks up for IOA/USO every hour starting at 7:55 am. I believe you could get picked up at 9:55, if you wanted to go around 10. I think the return times work in the same fashion, just keep in mind you have to call two hours prior to when you would like to leave IOA/USO.

...Have done it before! Needless to say, DH wasn't up to riding Hulk first thing in the AM ;)

Too many Kungalooshes going on the previous night. Our problem wasn't getting up early, it was mainly nursing our hangovers!

Don't worry! I've seen people use the garbage cans on the way out of the Hulk. They'll be ready for you! Actually, I find the coasters wake me up after a night of drinking. Dudley-do-Right is probably the best for snapping me out of my hang over though. Nothing like a drop over a cliff into cold water in the morning. My only suggestion is avoid "Mission Space" after a night of drinking. It doesn't agree with a hang over that well.

Ooh, I've been there and done that - even with too much drinking the night before, I was fine until we rode The Cat In the Hat. Nothing else did me in - none of the coasters, the walking, the heat - but the spinning was just more than I could handle (and this is not an intense ride!). Stay away from whatever triggers you, and you'll be fine.

Okay you clubbers, or even if you're not but enjoyed an evening with your spouse/partner or alone ( :blush: ) at PI... what would you recommend wearing there? We are leaving the kids to fend for themselves (don't worry, the oldest is 16 and both he and the 14 yo dd are abnormally responsible) while my partner and I partake of the pleasures. I am now forwarned about the potentially frightening results of imbibing and a late night and the whirling rides the next day. :earboy2: (Sure glad I read this thread, my head's spinning just thinking about it!) I am not much of a heels gal but I'm also not normally found in the practical shoes I'll wear around the park. Can I get away with sexy if low slung but impractical shoes for that evening? Would my feet be killing me? We are going there from SSR.

I wouldn't normally go out for an evening in shorts at home (even if it ever got warm enough, we're in Seattle) so I was thinking about a nice, maybe even a little revealing sundress. Would it be inappropriate? I wouldn't wear anything I wouldn't be willing to let my partner's 16 yo ds see me in. princess:

Advice welcome!

Marsha, arriving June 24th!

There's no real dress code at PI other than common sense; at least, nothing like some clubs where they pass judgement on your attire/looks before they let you in the door. :rolleyes: So you can pretty much get away with what you're comfortable with. A sundress/slightly nice shoes combo sounds okay to me. You'll see people dressed to the nines and the shorts and t-shirts crowd, so you'll be right in the middle.

Just make sure the shoes are comfy enough if you'll be dancing till 2AM. :banana: I've seen more that one person who dressed outside their comfort zone to impress limping back to the busses at night.

I've seen everything from slinky club wear with 4" Jimmy Choos to cut-off's and t-shirts with sneakers that needed a decent burial.

We usually wear dresy casual type clothes, alhough I'll be honest, we just don't find much to bether to go there for these days.

Anne

ducklite said:
I've seen everything from slinky club wear with 4" Jimmy Choos to cut-off's and t-shirts with sneakers that needed a decent burial.

We usually wear dresy casual type clothes, alhough I'll be honest, we just don't find much to bether to go there for these days.

Anne
So you're saying you don't enjoy PI? It sounds like you've been there a few times. I've never been so I'm pretty excited about it! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter