Back to the World (Disney that is) day 2

panpant

Earning My Ears
Back 2 the World (Disney that is)

Cast and Crew

Greg: 33, soon to be 34, acts like a kid, loves Florida, sun and shopping.
Denis: Nearly 70, Greg’s Dad. Floridaholic (hic, hic)

Day 2

Woke up at about 5am, “come on, come on, let’s get that luggage checked in, 6am opening remember?”

Famous last words came rushing back to me as, standing behind another couple in the queue, second in line that were headed to Houston we began to realize that 6am wasn’t going to happen, lots of noise from behind the scenes but nothing moving until 6.30am.

Aha, “just to confirm our pre-booked seats”
“Sorry sir, nothing pre-booked”
Trying to keep my rapidly dwindling holiday spirit in check here, asked what could we do and also cheekily mentioned that it was Dad’s 70th birthday in a couple of days and how much an upgrade would be (hoping here to hear that it would be free as a present). Unfortunately, the robot behind the counter said that she thought it was a couple of thousand pounds, so decided against that – oh well, worth a try. Managed to get seats 29 J and K, row just behind the bulkhead seats.

Back to the hotel and decided to have a decent breakfast there, okay but certainly NOT worth £14.50 each and the toast wasn’t even brown!!

Flight was on time (nearly) and uneventful. Saw Spy Game and another film that escapes me. BA promises in their brochure (I checked) and on their web site that the planes used all had new footrests, new screen back t.v’s and new winged headrests. Well, our flight had 1 of these, yup you’ve guessed it, the headrests only!!
Had to look up a few rows down the plane to watch a t.v. The air conditioning wasn’t working properly, felt like a cooked lobster.

We’d already filled out the Immigration and Customs forms last night – see I’m not that stupid so could relax…

Well, after having the hand luggage searched at Gatwick before boarding the plane, as soon as we disembarked at Orlando, had it searched again. Do they really think we’re going to get anything ‘dodgy’ on-board the plane!!!

Painless luggage retrieval, the best ever in fact as saw the cases first off of the plane, cool, considering when we booked in.
On to Dollar expecting the hard sell. I’d booked the car hire using Dollar through FLORIDACARHIRE.COM (Internet booking check) and can’t recommend them enough, excellent service and cheaper than Dollar direct.
Surprise, no hard sell and a lovely 2 door Dodge Stratus sitting waiting, green and not gold, why is it that Dollar always use gold colour cars?

Dad drove as I haven’t in the States before and headed for the Ramada Inn Maingate on the US192 in Kissimmee.
Once again painless, and I have to say that the 192 looks so much better with the new bus stops and the pavements – excellent.

Checked in to hotel (Internet booking check). Have stayed here before and remember it well, good hotel.
Decided to do our usual when we arrive and took a trip down to Downtown Disney to Virgin and sat on the balcony having a latte – aahh, life doesn’t get any better than this.
Had a wander then to what (sadly) is my favourite store Walmart for provisions, well coke, bud, chips, milk, oj and Doc Otis’s lemon beer (Bonzo, you’ll love this, promise).

Had a burger in McD’s in Walmart and back to hotel to unpack. Had some drinks in the Sports Bar and then on to what will become known as ‘the usual’ – baseball on t.v, a bud or two and bed (yawwwwnnnn)

Ciao folks

Greg

;)

Glad to hear that you arrived safe and sound too :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter